FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
ahmedoo

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.301/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.301

Postby ahmedoo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:47 pm

After our last conversation I decided to do some "Socializing Overhaul" by myself and for myself. I learnt how to do things in xmls and brought some old and new ideas to life using as a basic material Captains Edition mod. For now I made only Human Socializing. I know that there are for sure some spelling or grammar things. I'm not good english speaker. I tested those events dozens of times by repeating and reseting all the time. Now it's time for some balance tests.

What changes I made? Here they are:

Code: Select all

Spoiler alert!

-added two new very big events. In first basic line is attempt to upgrade piloting system and in the second finding secret store location. Of course it's not easy to do. There are many dangers and basic decisions are risky. That's why I made many blue options and most of them use different crew species (that's what I understand as  socializing :P) and sometimes ship's gear. Sometimes it's just waste of the time and sometimes it will be very generous.
-for balance added one civilian text event
-completely modified by adding more outcomes to the event with map revealing
-added one big outcome to the family reunion event
-added few outcomes to the human friend event
-fed hidden base event and human love event I left untouched.

As I said since the beginning of my work I tried to make balanced, but complex events with many possible outcomes.

It's just one species for now but if you want use it use files I will give below. Give me information if you are interested or maybe someone else in my further work, because if not I will not be hassling you more.

Modified files:
https://megawrzuta.pl/download/085ae778 ... 6dfe5.html (click "Pobierz plik")
https://megawrzuta.pl/download/dd731f52 ... 2b2b1.html
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:26 pm

I looked through the files but as mentioned, I currently don't have the much time to spare working on CE (and there are some things I'd change about the writing, some later event texts refer to your human crewmen, even though there is no guarantee that you still have one.) But feel free to publish this as a stand alone extension for CE's social system on your own for now.
ahmedoo

Postby ahmedoo » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:36 pm

Ok, thanks for an answer. For now, I will continue my work until finished and then maybe I will publish something on my own. If you change your mind just tell me. I will share my work.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:17 pm

I don't think the player-based Flashbang is the issue here when it comes to being used.
It's all those enemy ships who have the Flashbang Drones and those ships with the Flashbang Bomb Artillery. They fire often and annoyingly loud.
Can all Flashbangs just make the explosion noise and not the ringing sound afterwards?
Because even in 1.302 it's still there.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:42 am

any idea if its possible to alter the starting events in a sector to not require fuel

Maybe as just an add on to CE, cause some of us like CE but not the requirment for fuel all the time, many runs died because I burned too much fuel or didn't have enough to keep the fleet back long enough

With this patch file we should be able to choose to go full CE experience or at least not have to worry about fuel but not get the benefits of lots of fuel.
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
FearTheBlaziken

Postby FearTheBlaziken » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:42 pm

BrenTenkage wrote:any idea if its possible to alter the starting events in a sector to not require fuel

Maybe as just an add on to CE, cause some of us like CE but not the requirment for fuel all the time, many runs died because I burned too much fuel or didn't have enough to keep the fleet back long enough

With this patch file we should be able to choose to go full CE experience or at least not have to worry about fuel but not get the benefits of lots of fuel.

As one player has wanted this twice, I've created a patch that removes Hyperspace from all sectors. This also reduces the lag at the start of each sector caused by said Hyperspace.
Download Link

Given what I've done while others were not active, I can now say that I've polished the Polish Kit. Release coming soon, but not from me.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:12 pm

FearTheBlaziken wrote:As one player has wanted this twice, I've created a patch that removes Hyperspace from all sectors.

has anyone thought about how to rebalance or fix Hyperspace to use less fuel or something? Removing it altogether seems the easy way out, but you don't get the feel of zooming into hyperspace at the end of every sector. that's really what I like about it -- it just feels cool.
FearTheBlaziken wrote:This also reduces the lag at the start of each sector caused by said Hyperspace.

I think I know the exact cause of the lag -- something I encountered while making Advanced LTO -- it's because the hyperspace event (the start_beacon) splits into choices with different events that later rejoin into the same event (start_beacon "actual"). I believe the way to fix this would be to create duplicate start_beacon "actual" events for each choice, which shouldn't be hard at all.
FearTheBlaziken

Postby FearTheBlaziken » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:47 am

mr_easy_money wrote:I think I know the exact cause of the lag -- something I encountered while making Advanced LTO -- it's because the hyperspace event (the start_beacon) splits into choices with different events that later rejoin into the same event (start_beacon "actual"). I believe the way to fix this would be to create duplicate start_beacon "actual" events for each choice, which shouldn't be hard at all.

Actually, the lag is indirectly caused Hyperspace 'music' that plays before the trackList loop plays. Sleeper Service ended up having to duplicate the non-Hyperspace tracks ~10 times so that a normal player won't experience the Hyperspace track twice. Unfortunately, the trackList resets after a player continues a game, meaning that the Hyperspace track would still play under those circumstances.

Kudos to slow for finding this out.

slowriderxcorps (FTL Discord) wrote:I don't know of any kind of exploits regarding it, but I saw it as a nuisance that only served to drain Fuel faster and make sectors lag on entry because the Music Lists for each sector were multiplied several times

Given what I've done while others were not active, I can now say that I've polished the Polish Kit. Release coming soon, but not from me.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:42 am

FearTheBlaziken wrote:Actually, the lag is indirectly caused Hyperspace 'music' that plays before the trackList loop plays. Sleeper Service ended up having to duplicate the non-Hyperspace tracks ~10 times so that a normal player won't experience the Hyperspace track twice. Unfortunately, the trackList resets after a player continues a game, meaning that the Hyperspace track would still play under those circumstances.

oh I see, though I still think that splitting into events then rejoining causes a bit of lag, if only tiny -- probably not noticeable since it's only one event to another and has a few branches like that (only one start beacon).

I guess the hyperspace music is most of what makes hyperspace cool, but if the music causes lag on some machines then it makes sense to remove it (or you could remove the repeats but then you'd have to listen to the hyperspace effect as the game cycles through songs, and it'd occur frequently). a real shame but nothing to do about it :| (if only you could add a track to play only once in a sector)

the background (technically a planet) still looks really cool though, can't deny that.
JuSan

Postby JuSan » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:32 am

I'm interested in trying out Captain's Edition of FTL since someone recommended it to me as the definitive FTL expansion. I just have some questions about it.

Where do I download it?

Does it update automatically?

Does it implement Advanced Edition content?

Does it work with FTL on Steam? Is it compatible?

Does Steam Cloud save my CE progress? Would be annoying to not pick up my progress after playing in another PC/laptop.

If I install CE, does it undo my AE progress?

Since this is a very solid mod with plenty of love and time put into it, is it now perfectly balanced and devoid of bugs and crashes?

EDIT: What's EL and Inf? Are they the Endless Loot & Infinite Mode? Are they included in the installer? What are their differences from the original CE?