FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.1

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:48 pm

slowriderxcorps wrote:it did detect a few nuances with listed weapons/augments that have the wrong names.

As for the custom music mod.. my best guess is that installing that after the CE patch will keep its influences in play.

Hm, I checked CE 1.1 the other day and the mod itself produced no errors. There is some left over vanilla stuff from early development that always shows up as errors. My guess is that thats this stuff. Also without posting the ID's I can't know what you referring to. The line numbers don't really help if you look at the actuall append file, line 31 in my blueprint.append is right in the middle of the oxigen blueprint for example. No augment there. ;)
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:50 pm

Then, shouldn't it be fine as long as you don't touch (abd by that I mean include) the new CE sector types' entries?

And slowy, I assume you get those errors even after loading your Alpha? Maybe it's time you update that then with tlcorrections for hse vanilla errors.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:56 pm

Well the weapon ones were cases of the weapon BOMB_BREACH appearing in the Slug Weapons pool, the first two augments were that of HULL_ARMOR and ADV_HULL_ARMOR appearing in the STARTING_AUGS pool (possibly a vanilla issue), and an augment AE_TELEPORTERS_JAMMER appearing in the CE_AUGMENTS_UPGRADEABLE and AE_COMBATAUGS pools.

EDIT: Yeah, the BOMB_BREACH occurances are in the Alpha-BaseGame and the base 'kit. Those have now been cleaned up.
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:38 pm

MightyKebab wrote:...EDIT: I also thought of this just now. Maybe, the Federation v Rebel war was merely caused by Federation's moralities. Us players, atelast most of us, use other races to our advantage. We never let a rockman or mantis tend to ship repairs or man systems when we have a teleporter, we never send a zoltan/engi when we do, and we always have a human or slug man the helm because they have no specific traits. Rebels instead, want the races to do whatever they want and believe only humans can protect them. Further support of this claim could be found in the hangar, where a Rockman is singlehandedly carrying crates which would otherwise require the full strength of 2-3 humans.

This strikes me as backwards. The Federation is inclusive, the Rebels exploitive. Remember the Zoltan First Contact event? The Rebels want to "liberate" the planet: "These aliens will not be left in ignorance where they cannot be of use!" You have the option of protecting the alien way of life. If you defeat the Rebel ship, the Zoltan praise you for upholding Federation ideals.

And maybe you shouldn't speak for "us" and use absolutes like "always" and "never." I often have a Rock as pilot, and he doesn't necessarily get moved to boarding duty. If I have a lot of Mantises on my crew, some might man systems.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:49 pm

I did some comparisions, slowy, and I found no difference between yours and CE's entries for Industrial and Quarentine sectors in sector_data. You could just remove those entries from sMPK-CE, and this way the custom music can make it in.

Or you could upload another add-on to be used on top of sleepy's.

BTW sleepy, I added some names on the Sector Naming thread. Namely for the last sec- nevermind, I already posted, but I just saw now your note saying only the first name will be called. I suspect the only workaround would be to do duplicates of the final sector with different names. I guess that's a way to make different experiences on the final sector.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:03 pm

There is no list to add these duplicates. The game is hardcoded to always call the ID "FINAL" for the last sector.
Lamedonyx

Postby Lamedonyx » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:31 pm

I wondered if it was possible for me to do a French translation of the mod. It would be a hefty amount of work, but since FTL is quite popular, and there was a French patch, I thought that it would be a good idea to make some mods in French too. And what would be better to start with than the king of all FTL's mods : Capitain's Edition.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:44 pm

You should definitely had made the boarders wack at the doors... at least it's not like being with the boss' first phase at 1 hull and have your stupid-ass mantis teleported into a still intact weapons' room (whose operator was killed by light lasers), and since there's no other rooms connected to that one, not having any means of telling your mantis NOT to smack the machinery in the room. In the end, they cloaked just before my teleportetr recharged, and the stupid mantis broke the ship just before it de-cloaked.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:05 pm

Lamedonyx wrote:I wondered if it was possible for me to do a French translation of the mod. It would be a hefty amount of work, but since FTL is quite popular, and there was a French patch, I thought that it would be a good idea to make some mods in French too. And what would be better to start with than the king of all FTL's mods : Capitain's Edition.

Qui, c'est pas un problem pour moi. J'aim cette langue beaucoup, mais ca faire loun temp que je le parlé. Donc je ne peux pas te aide avec ca. Alright, I barely can write it... The problem remains that you might end up having to keep it updated as well, at last if you want people to enjoy the latest version of CE in French. Translating everything would already be a huge piece of work. But tracking changes and constantly implementing them into the translated version will be a really tedious job. But its up to you if you want to bother with that. Some professional editing software with advanced compare and replace functionality would help I guess...
ikeelyou300

Postby ikeelyou300 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:08 pm

A lot if awesome suggestions and feedback recently. :D
Got me thinking about a few things... This might be long, but I'm trying to expand on other's ideas and tell my opinions what everyone said the last three pages. :roll: I thank you in advance if you read the whole thing. :D :!:

In response to Mr. mister directly above, perhaps the Boss's weapon rooms could be connected to the rest of the ship? Maybe in a style like The Scarab custom ship? I modded that into the Boss for myself. I know other ships have disconnected rooms, but for the Boss it was an issue with me. The other ships with disconnected rooms you don't usually use boarding drones on and have them get permanently stuck for example... :x And also this way if you gave the Boss a repair drone it would repair the weapons rooms... Just a thought. ;)

Mr. mister also suggested changing the Crystal Vengeance projectile to a purple electrified projectile. I'm not sure if this is even possible, BUT if it is then it is a VERY good idea to change the Crystal Vengeance "weapon" to shoot three projectiles or something. :) Three small shards fly at high speed and hit or miss the enemy ship. This makes it way more worth keeping. Regardless though Purple Crystal weapons is a very cool idea and I would like to see that added even if they were just weapons in the Crystal Sector. Sounds awesome! And lastly, if you can actually improve the Crystal Vengeance "weapon" somehow it might be nice to include some blue options for the Crystal ships (or maybe it would be better just to use the Crystal crew members instead), this is hard though because we don't really know much about the Crystal. For this reason maybe it shouldn't be added like the other faction ships, leaving the moral choices up to our personal interpretation, but a few blue options at least for the rock sector maybe might be in order.

On the subject of the Crystal Quest... The blue option for the Crystal Crewmember at the beginning of the sector can be used in the Rock Controlled Sector without dramatically increasing the chances of going to the Crystal Sector more than once. There is also a way to prevent going to the Crystal Sector twice, if you want. Maybe choosing to talk to the Crystal crew in any Rock sector can call an eventList which just has 2 possible eventLoad possibilities. %95+ Of those possibilities result in the Crystal crew recalling a beacon in the sector and marking the beacon as a quest. This event can be listed as unique="true". Then in any subsequent Rock sectors you visit, the eventList will never call that event again. It will only call the other %5- non-unique possibility, which will now be a %100 possibility where the Crystal crew does not know of a beacon. I've tested this with other things (the only limitation is you can't have all eventLoads in an eventList be unique or otherwise the game will crash after the unique options are exhausted so you need that one very low chance non-unique possibility). The Crystal beacon itself, if you happen to find it again, could have the event associated with it readjusted in a similar way. Choosing to activate the beacon could work the vast majority of the time, and if for some reason it didn't work the first time maybe you could even re-call the event by asking your crew to try again. After going to the Crystal sector once the only possibility that would appear is that it didn't work, which could be explained by simply saying the beacon is defective or that the Crystals may have blocked access to their sector. Anyway I hope that made sense. :geek: Also the purpose of there being multiple beacons even in the Rock Controlled sectors can be explained by saying they are worshipped by the Rock as shrines. Which reminds me, I think that it would be really cool to have a semi-boss battle with an OP Rock ship at this beacon when successfully activating the beacon. This Rock ship could be a guardian of the shrine and only after defeating it will you be transported to the Crystal sector. And then perhaps the Rock Plating augment could also help with this part of the quest because, as a Rock vessel, you could negotiate with the ship and tell them what your doing without seeming blasphemous. :ugeek:

Cloudmoon got me thinking about the auto-ship surrenders. I think the AI surrenders are currently fine as is, but it couldn't hurt to add in a few more outcomes. I think maybe the drone harbor for example could offer you a drone, do drone harbor's even surrender? Anyway there are just soooo many AI ships their surrenders should be somewhat unique. Cloudmoon suggested being able to "choose" between an AI crew member and scrap. I didn't agree with this suggestion at first, but it did make me think... If you don't let it join your crew I think it should ask you to destroy it because it is damaged beyond repair and doesn't want to be stranded, because it hasn't fulfilled its purpose, or some similar reason, and then power down its weapons. :( This presents you with a moral choice and you may wish to just let it join your crew anyway. :cry: Or you can even refuse to destroy it in which case it might still attack you giving you no choice...

Also, it would be very interesting if somehow that AI hologram could give you some blue options to communicate with other auto-ships. Not sure how, but it would be cool. However, the AI ship crew can. It be distinguished from other normal AI crew members which begs the question... Are the AI ships' AIs the same as the other AI holograms :?: At the moment it would appear the answer is yes. It makes me wonder though, could the AI join your ship in the form of something else? Like a drone or the Advanced Drone AI augment or even a unique augment.

I also really like Delphi's idea of having some augments prevent either hazards or hacking from affecting your systems in some instances. :D :idea: I don't think it is necessary to implement this with enemies in all cases because the text sometimes explains it, sort of. Like the weapon jammer or the effector when they fail it can already be assumed from the text that it's not working because the enemy has a certain augment. Maybe you should just tweak the text a little for the failure chance. The ion storm affecting your reactor, I'm not sure if that can even be fixed except for by removing the ion storm. Perhaps besides the ion shield aug the Internal Reactor could work here at the cost of being unable to use your combat Augs? I would also greatly like to see the Advanced Navigation augment expanded to have some more options. I only know of maybe 3 circumstances where it can even be used. Lastly the Advanced Drone Reactor/AI/CPUs augment should maybe be necessary for using any of the drones to delay the Rebel fleet including the minelayer drone. This makes more sense and makes that augment exponentially more useful. You could put a warning on this blue option like "Also requires Anti-Ship or Minelayer Drone." Or perhaps the reverse, instead of this augment being a requirement it could boost sending out drones to be more effective and delay the Rebel fleet for maybe 2 turns instead of just 1.

And I think that's it. Thanks again if you read all that. :D ;) It's not all rambling I think there might be at least 1 good idea in there somewhere. :roll: Or something that could spawn a good idea in someone else.
Last edited by ikeelyou300 on Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:25 am, edited 7 times in total.