FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Russian Rockman

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.105 / CE Infinite 1.005

Postby Russian Rockman » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:12 am

The auto station does seem like it could be shrunken down a bit unlike some of the other humongous custom ships though. It could probably be pretty easily edited to fit. At least that Auto-Cruiser is proof of concept.

The "Beacon Access Kit" is also a very good augment to get from that. I forgot about that Augment. Perhaps you could get a choice of a few beacon related augments because the Auto-Ship was directly connected to the beacon network's mainframe.
Estel

Postby Estel » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:03 am

Or just get one randomly :)
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:13 am

Estel wrote:Or just get one randomly :)

That would be the norm. If the only thing it ever gives you is normal reward plus one of those augments that's best.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:08 pm

Or beacon parts.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:08 pm

Hey everyone,

Feel free to consider this just me needing to vent some anger or something but I just got completely wiped by the 3rd phase flagship.

It's recorded as always (episode 104, not uploaded yet).
Here's the rundown:
Ship specs:
http://tinypic.com/r/2rpwe2e/8

Also 1 auto-loader
Crew max level on their station

So, I defeated stage 1 and 2 without to many hiccups.
Stage 3 begins:
Nebula : No big problem...
Combat augment: engines down to 1, so 25% evasion. Big issue
You probably know all the other stuff that the flagship now has...

I kinda feel that all this is over the top, I know the flagship has to be a challenge, but at least make it a surmountable one...
The combination of the engines being disabled making it so that I can't avoid anything making the power surges that more devastating, not being able to keep missile launcher down for a while because 1. No oxygen so I can't keep boarders posted there, 2. The added doors making staying there even harder due to anti-personnel drones. Was in a nebula so I don't know if there were also repair drones. Then the no oxygen in general making it even harder to go destroy the drones. Also got boarded by something, couldn't see what was happening thanks to the nebula and fires raging everywhere in the meantime.

The biggest point is that, if I can't beat the flagship with a set-up like that, I don't know what will be good enough.
I have the feeling that if it didn't take out my engines I could have made it.
That should be reason enough for me to say it's to powerful in it's current stage (phase 3 that is, the other 2 are just fine).
Either that, or I'm missing something incredibly obvious...
I feel at least one thing out of all that should be removed. I don't know what, I also don't really care (you're probably better at balancing out stuff then I am), but I feel something simply has to go.

Thank you for enduring my rant, feel free to do with the information as you see fit.
In no way at all is this meant as a personal attack towards any you. I still greatly enjoy the CE.

PS: Congrats on your CE Infinite project. It will most likely become ep 105 till ... of my LP

Greets,
Biohazard063
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:34 pm

Hey Biohazard, love your let's plays a lot. I hope you read this. I think what you should have probably done in that situation is jump away from the flagship if you were worried about your engines being hacked. When you caught up to the flagship again it would have hacked something different and there would have been no nebula. Had you done that you may have lived. Not sure if you ever considered that as an option. Running away and catching up with the flagship again later is always a viable option now. ;)

As for my opinion, I'm not to sure about the Hull Repair Drone for the Boss, it seems OK for CE infinite, but I'm just not sure if it should be there for Base CE. Also, I'm not sure about the Rock Armor. I feel like for base CE the Shield Recharge Booster should be added back. You may just want to give the Flagship more Hull strength. Like 26 Hull or something, some of the regular RS ships have more Hull than 22... And then about Biohazard's predicament, he had level 5 engines and got hacked down to 1. I'm not sure if it's always been like that, but that is a bit harsh... Maybe it should divide your engine power instead? because you can put hundreds of scrap into upgrading engines and have that all be worth nothing in the end.
Last edited by Russian Rockman on Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pagan_PL

Postby Pagan_PL » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:35 pm

Hi! This mod is Brilliant! I can't imagine to play FTL witchout this mod anymore! :)
But please, Take a closer look on that "issue" when Crystaline ships sector is generated every time I enter to depth space. Even now after version 1.105 and Infinite v1.005. Before, in previous version I had a strange bug (I supose) and I instantly loosing one drone part after entered to another deep space sector.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:43 pm

Pagan_PL wrote:Hi! This mod is Brilliant! I can't imagine to play FTL witchout this mod anymore! :)
But please, Take a closer look on that "issue" when Crystaline ships sector is generated every time I enter to depth space. Even now after version 1.105 and Infinite v1.005. Before, in previous version I had a strange bug (I supose) and I instantly loosing one drone part after entered to another deep space sector.

Sleeper fixed the issue with losing one drone part and you shouldn't have any issues with loading the "Crystal Sector" repeatedly. If you do its not Sleeper's fault it is the order in which you are installing the mods. If you gave us the exact order of what mods you are installing we could probably help you. When jumping to a "Deep Space" sector it should say "Deep Space" when you click Jump. If it does than its working as it should. if it doen't there is something wrong with the order you are installing your mods.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:05 pm

Well, some of the stuff you complain about is not caused by CE. I went through checking the polish kit files, again, cause the battle configuration is not how I envisioned it. The polish kit makes you loose more engine power, limiting it to one. In normal CE it would only be halved. In the polish kit, the boss also has its drone active immediately, while in CE they would be delayed till the Ai takes over.

Apart from that, you could always retreat and attack again. The combat augs and environments that the boss uses will be rerolled each time you engage it in phase three.

I also want to point out that CE makes changes to the boss cause this is a feature often requested all over the community. Therefore yes, the boss is different and harder; to some degree, a new boss. Boarding is meant to be less effective, cause in vanilla its almost a free win ticket.
I would speculate that you did not beat the vanilla boss immediately on you first play through, right? So just like that, you will probably have to adjust to its new tactics till you can win reliably. I cant really judge, cause I did not see the fight, but it looks like that loadout seems quite winnable.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:08 pm

I should probably apologise, as the Engines being hacked down to 1 was my fault.. I buff-nerfed that engine hack across the board: buffed because it's effect is almost always more powerful, but nerfed in that if you run into the event in something like ZoltanA which starts with minimal engines and you don't upgrade, it doesn't cause your ship to be completely stuck and unable to jump away. I had thought that it wasn't THAT crippling since I came across that hack on Phase 3 as FederationA which can't get cloaking, and it didn't really cause me to take a ridiculous amount of extra damage.. I might have to change that now. Argh.

Also, the reason why hull counts shouldn't really go any higher than 22 is that the graphic used for showing enemy Hull points only goes up to 22 individual segments. You go over that, and the graphics glitch out.

EDIT: The drones thing was also an oversight on my end, I didn't notice it was added. Indeed, the one where it disables sensors has the Drone-disabling but nothing else did. I'll have that fixed soon.. just trying to work something out for the main mod. So, if you cause an event to give you a specific weapon but you instead refer to a weapons list, will it work and randomly select a weapon from that list to give to the player?