FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
The wise Sten

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.105 / CE Infinite 1.005

Postby The wise Sten » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:33 pm

Hey people and mantises, go give rannI some feedback in recolouring some of the weapons for CEi Loot:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23456
Aaron Opfer

Postby Aaron Opfer » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:33 am

Russian Rockman wrote:
Aaron Opfer wrote:Hello. I am a electronic musician. I posted some FTL-inspired music tracks at reddit.com/r/ftlgame, and sleeper_service contacted me and told me that I should post here if I'd like to get some work featured in CE. So here I am. Fire away! ;)

Could you post a direct link to some of your tracks? I'm always looking for music that sounds like the FTL soundtrack. I'm a really big fan of it.

I wish someone would make an FTL inspired track that contained the classic...
Do... do do do do Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo... Do Do do do do DOO DOO DOO DOO :D

Lifting the melody directly could probably get me in trouble if the FTL guys didn't feel too flattered!

Here's the most FTL-esque ones.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/482 ... 20cans.mp3
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/482 ... 0waltz.mp3

Possibly coming to a mod near you? :)
Aaron Opfer: A cool guy that makes music and things.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:16 am

Aaron Opfer wrote:
Russian Rockman wrote:
Aaron Opfer wrote:Hello. I am a electronic musician. I posted some FTL-inspired music tracks at reddit.com/r/ftlgame, and sleeper_service contacted me and told me that I should post here if I'd like to get some work featured in CE. So here I am. Fire away! ;)

Could you post a direct link to some of your tracks? I'm always looking for music that sounds like the FTL soundtrack. I'm a really big fan of it.

Lifting the melody directly could probably get me in trouble if the FTL guys didn't feel too flattered!

Can you really get in trouble if you're not making money off of it? And it would only be that one part, it's all slightly different in each song so it would be kind of an original take.
rannl

Postby rannl » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:37 pm

Aaron Opfer wrote:
Russian Rockman wrote:

Great tracks Aaron. I think some original, space themed (a little star control 2-ish) tracks will add a lot to future mods.
Thumbs up man!
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:04 pm

I'm just pushing this out there in that I just suffered a hard-crash on defeating Phase 3 of the flagship on my Hard Flagship Module. While it isn't exactly CE's flasgship fight, it does share the same floor layout for Phase 3 and also has internal drones.. I suspect it might have been caused by the drones being in transit between the linked weapon/main rooms when the flagships hull dropped to zero. If that's true, then this crash might also happen in CE as well.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:41 pm

I guess its a possibility. Maybe someone can confirm it? Although the current CE version is pretty old already and no one reported this so far...
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:50 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:I guess its a possibility. Maybe someone can confirm it? Although the current CE version is pretty old already and no one reported this so far...

It'd be fairly simple to try and replicate by running suicide crew around the ship to lure the internal drones so that they are in the tunnels at the time the flagship blows up. The only other thing that could've crashed it would be the custom Anti-Personnel drones that HFM has that use 1 power instead of 2, but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense..
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:50 pm

Even if that was the cause of the crash I'm not sure that would happen very often. I might test this later still to restore my honor!

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
EDIT: Actually... I just tested out slowy's issue using the Hard Flagship module and I killed the flagship right when one of the repair drones was in transit between the weapon rooms. Apparently that does cause a crash for whatever reason! It may not happen often, but it is still a notable issue and therefore...

I have a dishonared my famiry... Seppuku!!! :cry: X_X

If you insist on removing those connections I would advocate a more conventional connection rather than removing them entirely. I just don't know where to put them. They have to be either 1x2, 2x1, or 2x2, nothing else will work right. I would also like it if connections could be added to phases 1 & 2 as well. Any ideas?
I'd be willing to help with this, I'm just not sure where to put the rooms exactly.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:52 am

I overhauled the flagship a little for the next update, so actually the problem will be taken care of anyway. Thanks for reporting and testing this. :)

Russian Rockman wrote:I have a dishonared my famiry... Seppuku!!! :cry: X_X

Oh no, Rockman's dead. Just hope you let me inherit these hangar modifications your worked on. :D Seriously, might not have been such a big problem. There is even a chance that no one besides you two ever encountered this crash.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:41 am

I plan on using my clone bay to create a new version of me and have them tidy up the hangar customizations stuff and send it to you for a look see. I've never done animations before so at first I was just trying to see what was possible, now I'm trying to get things looking right. Hopefully you can give me suggestions on what to do or use some of your own magic to make your own animations.

I wish I knew what it was that you "overhauled" for the flagship!!!

I'm going to echo what Wise Stan said at tell everyone to go check out rannl's thread. He's making considerable progress recoil orient weapons for iS.
The wise Sten wrote:Hey people and mantises, go give rannI some feedback in recolouring some of the weapons for CEi Loot:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23456

@Aaron Opfer. Just remember that you need to make an Explore and Battle version of each new track. The Rusty Cans one was very Engi like. The beginning was a bit too fast for an explore version, it sounds more like a great battle theme. And I'm not sure how worried about copyright you are it how that all works, but for example I think the Rusty Cans could have had an electronic version of the FTL melody, ZZZ.... zzz zzz zzz zzz ZZZZ ZZZZ ZZZZ ZZZZ... Zzz zzz zzz zzz zzz ZZZ ZZZ ZZZ ZZZ. That hasn't technically ever bee done before.