Re: FTL Captains Edition 0.95 [open beta]

Postby Thunderr » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:43 am

I also got this screen.

Full size here:
http://i.imgur.com/kpMlb63h.jpg
Claymore64

Postby Claymore64 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:19 am

I also got this and its the second time its crashed on me I don't even know what that popup even means :cry: If we could shed some light on what this means then We would appreciate it
jonny_AB

Postby jonny_AB » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:48 am

2 things:
    1. The scythe beam displays the 'missing graphic' icon when fully charged
    2. I tried out the surrender option for fun. Sooooooooooo much better than I expected :D
My Mods:
Need to contact me? Shoot me a tweet @Jonny_AB
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:21 am

Thunderr wrote: Just got an interesting bug, I went to a new beacon and before I fought an auto satellite, it gave me this file name of the text that was supposed to go in the filler text box: BS_AUTO_SUICIDE_EVENT_TEXT.

Will be fixed.
At which sector and beacon type did the crash happen?

Claymore64 wrote:I also got this and its the second time its crashed on me I don't even know what that popup even means :cry: If we could shed some light on what this means then We would appreciate it

I can only assume that it is event related. I never saw such things on my Linux version though, also I had crashes on Exit beacons before. Exit beacons load random events from the general lists in newEvents.xml I think. Modifying this lists seems to cause some undefinable issues, but is also the only way to get things into the first sector as far as I can see. I'll look into it and recommend you all cheat save now and then while playing the beta

jonny_AB wrote:The scythe beam displays the 'missing graphic' icon when fully charged

You are right. How couldn't I notice that for all this time? :geek: Will be fixed.

jonny_AB wrote:I tried out the surrender option for fun. Sooooooooooo much better than I expected :D

That one has multiple flavour texts as well. All pretty grim. One of my favourite events as well. :D
Torchwood202

Re: [open beta] FTL Captains Edition 0.95

Postby Torchwood202 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:32 pm

When will this be updated? Weekly? Monthly? Or just at randoms times?
Thunderr

Postby Thunderr » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:36 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:At which sector and beacon type did the crash happen?

I don't know details, sorry. I thought the screenshot would be enough.
Kiloku

Postby Kiloku » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:39 pm

On the questline where a man who calls himself Mister Johnson wants you to kill the crew of a Science Station, the Station has no graphics.

(Click the image to see it full size)
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:58 am

Torchwood202 wrote:When will this be updated? Weekly? Monthly? Or just at randoms times?

I will try to fix bugs regularly till it runs sable, but my time for modding is limited. After that updates will come when they are ready/necessary.

For now:

0.951 Beta
-All modified vanilla events deactivated, to see if crashes persist
-Auto Satellite spawn text fixed
-Corporate Science Station graphic fixed
-Scythe Beam charge glow added
aaaaaa50

Re: [open beta] FTL Captains Edition 0.951

Postby aaaaaa50 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:41 pm

Well this has been totally awesome so far. (The alternate Zoltan B feels like it's a foot. You kick the game where it hurts.) But I have to say, because there is so much text in this mod there are many grammar errors and misspellings. Not really a big deal, but you might want to at least correct the picture in your signature. (You start the second sentence with 'I' instead of 'It'.)

Also, what is the difference between a normal defense drone and the light laser defense drones? I can't figure it out.
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
Sleeper Service

Re: [open beta] FTL Captains Edition 0.951

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:55 pm

So some crash causing errors persist in nebula beacons... I'm looking into that and hope to fix it soon.

aaaaaa50 wrote:Well this has been totally awesome so far. (The alternate Zoltan B feels like it's a foot. You kick the game where it hurts.) But I have to say, because there is so much text in this mod there are many grammar errors and misspellings. Not really a big deal, but you might want to at least correct the picture in your signature. (You start the second sentence with 'I' instead of 'It'.)

Ooops... fixed that. :? Sorry again, not my mother tongue. I spell-checked everything in the mod with word processing software, but if someone feels like PM'ing me list with grammar mistakes... well, that would be most appreciated, as I can't really notice them on my own.

aaaaaa50 wrote:Also, what is the difference between a normal defense drone and the light laser defense drones? I can't figure it out.

Spoilers: :o
Light Defence Drone Mark I has a really long reload time, but only costs one power. Depending on missiles used by the enemies it can just intercept every second missile fired. Mark II reloads slightly faster than a normal defence drones, like defence Mark II, but still just targets missiles and asteroids. Both of the light defence drones where supposed to have faster projectile speed too make them more reliable and make it less likely that they miss a missile that comes from a bad angle, but I realized just now that defence drone lasers had a high speed anyway and that I have to increase that further.