FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.212b/Inf 1.212b/EL 1.212b

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri May 16, 2014 11:40 am

ahmedoo wrote:These detailed portraits are awesome. Could you Sleeper make the pictures in shops in the same way, because there are the old ones?

Shops use the idle standing frame, so that can't be changed.

CE Update 1.212b
- One bad shipname fixed
- Enemy max artillery lowered
- Artillery using enemies have the correct hull design assigned now
- Rock B Artillery base cooldown and fire chance decreased

CE Infinite 1.212b
- Changes of CE 1.212b imported

CE Endless Loot 1.02b for CE and CE Endless Loot 1.02b for CE Infinite
- Changes of CE 1.212b imported
- Fixed a problem during contend generation that allowed Hull Ripper drones to have an unfitting prefix
- Engi B loadout fixed
Nider_01

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.212b/Inf 1.212b/EL 1.212b

Postby Nider_01 » Fri May 16, 2014 2:06 pm

I can't find new artillery at shops. (Visit ~10 shops already) Did you change artillery system's rarity? ;)
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.212c/Inf 1.212c/EL 1.212b

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri May 16, 2014 2:23 pm

Yep. Did anyone find it yet though?

/Edit I spawned shops in the Mod Testing Environment and it gave me artillery two times in a row. I guess you have been unlucky there, but please report if this persists. I also noticed that the shop option labels the artillery wrong. I'll fix that.

//Edit:

CE Update 1.212c
- Artillery system naming in shops fixed fixed

CE Infinite 1.212c
- Changes of CE 1.212c imported
Russian Rockman

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.212/Inf 1.212/EL 1.212

Postby Russian Rockman » Fri May 16, 2014 3:13 pm

Wow, a lot of big stuff added in the latest update!!! :D Great job once again Sleeper, congratulations you've actually been able to get player artillery implemented into CE before Open Artillery is even up... :lol:

Though with such a big update this is one of the most unpolished updates we've seen in a while. :roll: Of course, that is to be expected always when adding this much new stuff. ;)

Soooo I've got a lot of stuff to cover... I think I'll start this post by listing all the genuine "bugs" and "errors" I have identified. Then I will give my other personal opinions, comments, and suggestions about the new update.

Ok, so first off...
The Artillery "System" Blueprint needs to have it's description changed and also it's title because that is the description that will show up when the system is bought in a store, and right now it is misleading. Let me point out the artillery blueprint in CE right now as compared to the one in the Open Artillery mod files I sent you. (Note dmi3's comments)

Code: Select all

CE BLUEPRINT:
<systemBlueprint name="artillery">
   <type>artillery</type>
   <title>Artillery Beam</title>   <!-- dummy text. will steal from whatever weapon blueprint it uses-->
   <desc>Powers a slow, high-powered beam that pierces all shields and does one damage per room hit. More power means faster cooldown.</desc>   <!-- dummy text. will steal from whatever weapon blueprint it uses-->
   <rarity>1</rarity>
   <cost>150</cost>
</systemBlueprint>

OPEN ARTILLERY BLUEPRINT:
<systemBlueprint name="artillery">
   <type>artillery</type>
   <title>Artillery Weapon</title>
   [b]<!-- shows up as shop title, but is replaced in ship screen once the system is installed-->[/b]
   <desc>A powerful, automatic weapon.  The weapon installed depends on your ship type.</desc>
   [b]<!-- shows up as shop description, but is replaced in ship screen once the system is installed-->[/b]
   <rarity>2</rarity>
   <cost>130</cost>
</systemBlueprint>

Ok now a whole bunch more Player Artillery related bugs...
You can download this .ftl file I made that gives each player ship all systems, including artillery, from the start. It will let you more easily see any problems.https://www.dropbox.com/s/1oh20j8b59cdzkq/All%20Systems%20Start%20CE%201.212.zip

The Federation B Artillery mount is rotated the wrong way. You'll need to change the weaponMounts in the fed_cruiser_2.xml to this.

<weaponMounts>
   <mount x="614" y="120" rotate="true" mirror="true" gib="5" slide="up"/>
   <mount x="614" y="281" rotate="true" mirror="false" gib="6" slide="down"/>
   <mount x="268" y="33" rotate="true" mirror="true" gib="2" slide="up"/>
   <mount x="268" y="368" rotate="true" mirror="false" gib="4" slide="down"/>
   <mount x="649" y="200" rotate="false" mirror="false" gib="6" slide="no"/>
</weaponMounts>

Additionally, the Vindicator animation/weapon does not work right on any of the Federation ships because of reasons I'll do my best to explain now... Slowriderxcorps, who made the Vindicator Mod, had problems getting the animation/weapon to work right same as did I. This is because the ship's hull overlaps the animation/weapon, you should see that only the outer glow shows up at the moment in CE, which looks strange. However, you cannot really just remove that part of the ships hull and replace it with the weapon/animation, simulating that part of the hull but animated, because weapons disappear when jumping. So it would look strange as that whole part of the ship would disappear.

The solution that slowrider came up with was to make the front part of the Federation Cruiser slightly transparent. (I think %40 opacity but I'm not sure). This way you can still see the weapon animation, but it also doesn't look like a part of the ship disappears when it jumps. My suggestion would be to find the Vindicator mod or sMPK, and take the Vindicator animation, as well as the Federation ship hull images and use those for CE. I know slowrider wouldn't mind since you've already used other parts of sMPK.

The Lanius ship also uses the Vindicator Beam animation for it's own artillery, which obviously doesn't look right. In fact, I don't even think that the Federation C's Flak Artillery should use the Vindicator animation, as it is more made for a beam weapon.

And the weapon mount for the Lanius ship's doesn't seem to be placed on the center of the ship, which I think would be the best location for it. I think you should just be able to use the Open Artillery mount placement for the Lanius ships.

<weaponMounts>
   <mount x="460" y="178" rotate="true" mirror="true" gib="4" slide="up"/>
   <mount x="460" y="428" rotate="true" mirror="false" gib="3" slide="down"/>
   <mount x="425" y="135" rotate="true" mirror="true" gib="6" slide="right"/>
   <mount x="425" y="472" rotate="true" mirror="false" gib="3" slide="right"/>
   <!-- artillery mount -->
   <mount x="460" y="303" rotate="false" mirror="false" gib="4" slide="no"/>
</weaponMounts>

The Zoltan Artillery seems slightly faded for some reason and it is overlapped by other weapons when they are powered down so the weapon mount for this one needs to be changed to as well as possibly the weapon image.

Also, the description of the Zoltan Beam is a little bit misleading I think, yes it can pass through shields, but because it is an artillery weapon people might just assume that this means shield piercing. Or maybe it's just me.

<weaponBlueprint name="BA_ARTILLERY_ENERGY">
   <type>BEAM</type>
   <title>Verdict Focus Beam</title>
   <short>Verdict</short>
   <desc>Highly focused beam weapon that will penetrate through any defense, but can't be aimed manually.</desc>
   <tooltip>Focused beam artillery that automatically fires a 6 damage beam on a single room. 40 seconds base cooldown.</tooltip>
   <damage>6</damage>
   <sp>0</sp>

I can't really see the Mantis C's Artillery weapon anywhere on the ship, though I know it should be using a recolored light gatling. Could be that the weapon mount is off or that the weapon is using the wrong image.

The Engi A and C's artillery looks really cool, I just don't like when it is half way charged because the half way image doesn't seem natural. You could use the last frame though where it's almost ready to fire, that one looks great. I also think you should make the hit effect last a tad bit longer. It goes by in like a blink and I think it would be cool if the whit overlay lingered for at least a second because it would make the artillery seem more powerful.

Finally, it is hard to see the Rock Artillery, although I imagine special artillery images from EL are coming soon to those ships. ;)

Ok, now on to some possible issues I noticed with people's names in the names.xml file and title screen.<name>Likad</name> <!--Small typo, should be Liakad
<name>Rave</name> <!--Does he prefer being called Rave or Raven? I never know :?
<name>Killox,</name> <!--I don't think there a comma there
<name>Rann</name> <!--Should this be Rannl, or was his name intentionally shortened
<name>Tveevle</name> <!--Small typo, should be Tweevle
<name>Russian</name> <!--Yeah that's me :D
Also, on the title screen image slowriderxcorps's name is misspelled slowriderxchorps :lol:
(Sounds like some type of meat dish)
And liakad's name is misspelled likad
Tweevle's name is misspelled Tveevle again
iiiyyylll's name has it's letters in the wrong order, it says yyyiiilll
My name says Russian Rockmen instead of Rockman

Here are also some people I think you might be leaving out, based on my review of the OP and title screen image.
r2d2go & iiiyyylll are not included in names.xml (Though I see those are hard ones to "Normalize", maybe r2 and iyll?)

Karmos (Drones Plus) is left out of both the title screen and names.xml

And here are some other people that are not on the OP, names, or title page that I think might deserve some credit as well. (SORRY IF I FORGOT SOMEONE!!! I TRIED MY BEST!!!)
Vhati (Because he is a god!!! :o )
Taxi Service (If you've used his mod testing environment mod that is...)
DrkTemplar (For his original work on Infinite Space)
Biohazard (For lets playing Captain's Edition for what seems like eons)
Mr. Mister & RAD-82 (I don't know if they've contributed stuff materially but I sure see them around a lot so i thought I'd put them in here)
dmi3 (If you the stuff he and I did, or the ideas he and I came up with, for Open Artillery helpful)

and Finally
Sleeper Service! Comeon, you can still give yourself credit. I want to get you in game as a crewmember so I can repeatedly clone you and throw away your life on enemy ships. :twisted:

Ok, now that that's all out of the way... My personal comments on the new update. 8-)

Crew Portraits! These actually work really great with the CE recolors, I love them! I was disappointed that they don't appear on the crew list to the left in game, :( though strangely they appear in the Clone Bay area when cloning... :? Then again, I guess there is no way for anyone to complain about the change then if they don't like them for some reason since you only see them in the Customization Screen and Ship Screen. I guess this is acceptable to have the portraits only appear there because it doesn't change the UI too much, and it's not like we could do anything about it anyway. ;)

One thing I might :idea: suggest though is to decrease the size of the crew portraits by 1 line of pixels from the bottom. The reason for this is just so that the portrait doesn't barely overlap the crew person's name when customizing them. (1 pixel equates to 3-4 pixels in that screen). And I also still think the female human's portrait is a bit too small. These are just really tiny nit-picks though and I know all you did was port it over from someone else to CE.

All my friends can now be crew members! Thanks for including everyone who's contributed to CE in the names list, now they'll be popping up in lets plays and stuff and we can watch them die from nooby captains. I was wondering if you were going to do my name because it would be weird to have say a Slug called Russian "Rockman". Now everyone can be "Russian" though! :lol: Spasibo!!! We can have Soviet Slugs and Tsarist Zoltans!

The title screen is a bit cluttered though, as I feared. I can deal with it, but I feel like you should at least make the text a bit smaller. %50-75 the current size. I like seeing the planet in the background, and the list of CE contributors will only grow...

How the hell did you finish Player Artillery so fast!!! :lol: Aside from the many bugs I just pointed out, it is still very impressive how you got Player Artillery into CE so fast. I was planning on getting Open Artillery uploaded today, but since I have spent over an hour writing this that might not happen now. :roll: :geek:

I hope you like the artillery room images I sent you. I like the layout changes you've made to the kestrel variety of ships and the Engi B. Although the fact that the Kestrel C artillery room only has 1 door, but many adjacent rooms makes the Kestrel C layout even more confusing. :? I also like how you've made the artillery weapons appear on the outside of the ship, like an actual ship extension, when you buy the system. And some of the rooms look like they are directly connected to the weapon. (This was kind of the point in Open Artillery with the rooms having different colors depending on the artillery type). So good job on that! Would you mind if I use some of your layouts or weapons for Open Artillery in the future? We're still going to try and make Open Artillery stick to vanilla type weapons more than CE weapons though.

I feel like you may have to go through some balancing changes like Open Artillery had to, but that's the point of asking for feedback. ;) If you managed to get this all working perfectly balanced the first time I would be very surprised, though I don't doubt your abilities.

I feel like the OP should say something more like this though... :lol: (<-- Joking)
Player Artillery
Most of the different artillery weapons "are meant to" match the Vindicator beam in terms of damage potential, but deal their damage in a different way that often require you to adjust your combat tactics accordingly. The Vindicator still "is meant to" rule them all, as the ultimate "power and forget" weapon.

I actually wouldn't mind giving the Federation Artillery a light Buff. Any ideas?

When I see stuff like this it makes me wonder... :lol:

<weaponBlueprint name="BA_ARTILLERY_STEALTH">
   <type>LASER</type>
   <title>Valentine Missile Rack</title>
   <short>Valentine</short>
   <desc>High-tech missile artillery that replicates it's own ammunition and scrambles the targeting systems of enemy defense drones.</desc>
   <tooltip>Automatically fires a high velocity stealth missile that deals 2 damage, pierces all shields and evades lvl 1 defense drones. 30 seconds base cooldown.</tooltip>
   <damage>2</damage>
   <shots>1</shots>

Is this 2 damage/30 second weapon really worth it
VS...
This 8 damage/40 second Behemoth? (<-- :idea: New weapon name?)

<weaponBlueprint name="BA_ARTILLERY_ROCK">
   <type>BURST</type>
   <title>Emperor Missile Battery</title>
   <short>Emperor</short>
   <desc>Fires swarms of missiles across the enemy ships, doing up to 8 damage. Replicates it's own ammunition.</desc>
   <tooltip>Automatically bombards the enemy ships with swarms of missiles, dealing up to 8 damage. Pierces all shields. 40 seconds base cooldown.</tooltip>
   <radius>105</radius>
   <damage>1</damage>

I get that it's got 3x the chance of missing, but... WOW. Keep that thing from targeting my ship!!!
Also, you should probably say that the weapon is somewhat innaccurate in the description of the Rock Artillery so it doesn't oversell itself.

Another weapon I thought was crazy...

<weaponBlueprint name="BA_ARTILLERY_SLUG">
   <type>BURST</type>
   <title>Bliss Neural Stunner</title>
   <short>Bliss</short>
   <desc>Outlawed brainwave artillery that can permanently paralyze entire ship crews. Stuns for 20 seconds.</desc>
   <tooltip>Automatically attempts to stuns the entire enemy crew for 20 seconds. Pierces all shields. 40 seconds base cooldown.</tooltip>
   <radius>70</radius>
   <stun>20</stun>
   <projectiles>
      <projectile count="30" fake="false">ba_effector_impact_1</projectile>
   </projectiles>

20 SECONDS of STUN??? At max power the weapon will reload in 20 seconds! :lol:

Anyway, I think you should also include the weapon's base cooldown time in the description of the weapon so that it appears in the upgrade screen as well. It will be better that way because most people will read that before they read the tooltips and then theyll be able to know how many seconds the weapon will need to charge up when applying the upgrade conversion factor x0.75 or x0.5

Also, good job on the graduated artillery charge bar. The only difference between yours and the Open Artillery one is yours has 2 divisions and ours has 4. I think you should separate the Artillery Bar 3 times though so you have 4 even boxes. I think people will be better able to understand that each "box" represents 10 seconds then. ;) And it looks symmetrical. :geek:

I can't wait to see how ENEMY Artillery works also. I think that the CE stations could really use some artillery weapons to pack more of a punch and make it harder to completely disable them. It's too easy right now, I think< because of their lack of evasion. It will be really fun to see enemies with those weapons. I can't wait to see how it affects tactics. (And again, I'm glad you have the time to give enemies artillery. That's what we were planning to do with Open Artillery eventually, but we don't have much time. It would have taken us forever to get artillery working like that)

Anyway, I've said a weeks worth of stuff just now so I'll leave it at that...

But before I go. Here is a SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER list of all CE's artillery blueprints!!!
I am posting it just so other modders and people who don't care about spoilers can read it and hopefully come up with some unique artillery ideas of their own based on this inspiration. I'm really interested to see what others can come up with.

The Open Artillery weapon, not in CE, I probably like the most is the Slug "Maelstrom" Cluster Bomb. It has a %50 Breach Chance, %50 Fire Chance, 1 system Damage, a StunChance of 4, and fires 3 shots. It makes the enemy crew panic so much!!! It's really fun. I also like dmi3's Lanius Artillery which causes a lot of breaches in the enemy ship, and the description he wrote is hilarious. :lol:

Feel free to use or manipulate any weapons from Open Artillery Sleeper, though your artillery weapons are already all pretty awesome. And the Captain's Edition Artillery names and descriptions are very cool, I'm impressed by that too.

Anyway, here you go guys, can you come up with some other artillery types?... Bye. :mrgreen:

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS
CE Artillery Blueprints

<weaponBlueprint name="ARTILLERY_FED">
   <type>BEAM</type>
   <title>Vindicator Beam</title>
   <short>Vindicator</short>
   <desc>This advanced beam cuts through all shields, but can't be aimed manually. Indicates you command high rank Federation ship.</desc>
   <tooltip>Artillery beam that automatically fires a 1 damage beam that pierces all shields. 40 seconds base cooldown.</tooltip>
   <damage>1</damage>
   <sp>5</sp>
   <fireChance>1</fireChance>
   <breachChance>0</breachChance>
   <speed>10</speed>
   <cooldown>40</cooldown>
   <power>1</power>
   <cost>0</cost>
   <bp>5</bp>
   <rarity>0</rarity>
   <image>ba_beam_hit_artillery</image>
   <length>500</length>
   <launchSounds>
      <sound>beam1</sound>
   </launchSounds>
   <weaponArt>artillery_fed</weaponArt>
</weaponBlueprint>

<weaponBlueprint name="BA_ARTILLERY_KESTREL">
   <type>LASER</type>
   <title>Standard Heavy Burst Laser</title>
   <short>Standard</short>
   <desc>This widely used artillery weapon fires a powerful barrage, but can't be aimed manually.</desc>
   <tooltip>Heavy artillery laser that automatically fires three projectiles that do 2 damage each. 40 seconds base cooldown.</tooltip>
   <damage>2</damage>
   <shots>3</shots>
   <sp>0</sp>
   <fireChance>3</fireChance>
   <breachChance>3</breachChance>
   <cooldown>40</cooldown>
   <power>1</power>
   <cost>55</cost>
   <bp>6</bp>
   <rarity>0</rarity>
   <image>laser_heavy1</image>
   <explosion>ba_explosion_laser_hit_heavy</explosion>
   <launchSounds>
      <sound>heavyLaser1</sound>
      <sound>heavyLaser2</sound>
      <sound>heavyLaser3</sound>
   </launchSounds>
   <hitShipSounds>
      <sound>hitHull1</sound>
   </hitShipSounds>
   <hitShieldSounds>
      <sound>hitShield1</sound>
      <sound>hitShield2</sound>
      <sound>hitShield3</sound>
   </hitShieldSounds>
   <missSounds>
      <sound>miss</sound>
   </missSounds>
   <weaponArt>boss_1</weaponArt>
</weaponBlueprint>

<weaponBlueprint name="BA_ARTILLERY_CIRCLE">
   <type>BURST</type>
   <title>Waveform EMP</title>
   <short>EMP</short>
   <desc>Emmits an electromagnetic pulse that can disable entire ships.</desc>
   <tooltip>Ion pulse weapon that deals up to 8 ion damage to shields and up to 8 ion damage to systems. 40 seconds base cooldown.</tooltip>
   <damage>0</damage>
   <ion>1</ion>
   <sp>5</sp>
   <radius>105</radius>
   <fireChance>0</fireChance>
   <speed>120</speed>
   <cooldown>40</cooldown>
   <power>1</power>
   <cost>0</cost>
   <bp>5</bp>
   <rarity>0</rarity>
   <explosion>ba_explosion_artillery_circle</explosion>
   <projectiles>
      <projectile count="8" fake="false">ba_effector_impact_1</projectile>
   </projectiles>
   <launchSounds>
      <sound>pulsar</sound>
   </launchSounds>
   <hitShipSounds>
      <sound>silence</sound>
   </hitShipSounds>
   <hitShieldSounds>
      <sound>silence</sound>
   </hitShieldSounds>
   <missSounds>
      <sound>silence</sound>
   </missSounds>
   <weaponArt>ba_artillery_circle</weaponArt>
</weaponBlueprint>

<weaponBlueprint name="BA_ARTILLERY_CIRCLE_2">
   <type>BEAM</type>
   <tip>ce_tip_beams_industrial</tip>
   <title>Tool XL Industrial Beam</title>
   <short>Tool</short>
   <desc>Heavy duty industrial beam that can keep the enemy constantly under fire.</desc>
   <tooltip>Extended beam artillery that automatically fires a 1 damage beam. 20 seconds base cooldown.</tooltip>
   <damage>1</damage>
   <sp>0</sp>
   <speed>1</speed>
   <cooldown>20</cooldown>
   <power>1</power>
   <cost>50</cost>
   <bp>2</bp>
   <rarity>0</rarity>
   <image>ba_beam_hit_mining</image>
   <length>115</length>
   <launchSounds>
      <sound>beam1</sound>
   </launchSounds>
   <weaponArt>ba_artillery_circle_2</weaponArt>
</weaponBlueprint>

<weaponBlueprint name="BA_ARTILLERY_ENERGY">
   <type>BEAM</type>
   <short>Verdict</short>
   <desc>Highly focused beam weapon that will penetrate through any defense, but can't be aimed manually.</desc>
   <tooltip>Focused beam artillery that automatically fires a 6 damage beam on a single room. 40 seconds base cooldown.</tooltip>
   <damage>6</damage>
   <sp>0</sp>
   <breachChance>5</breachChance>
   <speed>1</speed>
   <cooldown>40</cooldown>
   <power>4</power>
   <cost>110</cost>
   <bp>12</bp>
   <rarity>0</rarity>
   <image>ba_beam_hit_heavy</image>
   <length>20</length>
   <launchSounds>
      <sound>focusbeam1</sound>
      <sound>focusbeam2</sound>
      <sound>focusbeam3</sound>
   </launchSounds>
   <weaponArt>ba_artillery_energy</weaponArt>
</weaponBlueprint>

<weaponBlueprint name="BA_ARTILLERY_ENERGY_ENEMY">
   <type>BEAM</type>
   <short>Verdict</short>
   <damage>6</damage>
   <sp>0</sp>
   <breachChance>5</breachChance>
   <speed>1</speed>
   <cooldown>40</cooldown>
   <power>4</power>
   <cost>110</cost>
   <bp>12</bp>
   <rarity>0</rarity>
   <image>ba_beam_impact_heavy</image>
   <length>20</length>
   <launchSounds>
      <sound>focusbeam1</sound>
      <sound>focusbeam2</sound>
      <sound>focusbeam3</sound>
   </launchSounds>
   <weaponArt>ba_artillery_energy</weaponArt>
</weaponBlueprint>

<weaponBlueprint name="BA_ARTILLERY_MANTIS">
   <type>LASER</type>
   <flavorType>Antipersonnel Laser</flavorType>
   <title>Kaz'trt Light Burst Artillery</title>
   <short>Kaz'trt</short>
   <desc>Light artillery weapon that decimates crew, but can't be aimed manually.</desc>
   <tooltip>Light laser artillery that automatically fires 3 shots that pierce all shields and damage crew. 20 seconds base cooldown.</tooltip>
   <persDamage>4</persDamage>
   <stunChance>2</stunChance>
   <damage>0</damage>
   <shots>3</shots>
   <sp>5</sp>
   <breachChance>4</breachChance>
   <cooldown>20</cooldown>
   <power>1</power>
   <cost>60</cost>
   <bp>7</bp>
   <rarity>0</rarity>
   <speed>90</speed>
   <image>ba_laser_light_artillery_shot</image>
   <launchSounds>
      <sound>apLaser1</sound>
      <sound>apLaser2</sound>
      <sound>apLaser3</sound>
   </launchSounds>
   <hitShipSounds>
      <sound>hitHull2</sound>
      <sound>hitHull3</sound>
   </hitShipSounds>
   <hitShieldSounds>
   </hitShieldSounds>
   <missSounds>
      <sound>miss</sound>
   </missSounds>
   <weaponArt>ba_artillery_mantis_2</weaponArt>
</weaponBlueprint>

<weaponBlueprint name="BA_ARTILLERY_MANTIS_2">
   <type>BOMB</type>
   <title>Sha'k Internal Teleporter</title>
   <short>Sha'k</short>
   <locked>1</locked>
   <desc>Hidden artillery teleporter that incapacitates ships and crew with self-teleporting shrapnel cluster bombs.</desc>
   <tooltip>Cluster bomb artillery that deploys 3 shrapnel payloads. Deals damage to systems and crew and stuns for 10 seconds. 20 seconds base cooldown.</tooltip>
   <damage>0</damage>
   <stun>10</stun>
   <sysDamage>2</sysDamage>
   <persDamage>2</persDamage>
   <ion>0</ion>
   <missiles>0</missiles>
   <shots>3</shots>
   <sp>0</sp>
   <cooldown>20</cooldown>
   <power>1</power>
   <cost>45</cost>
   <bp>4</bp>
   <rarity>0</rarity>
   <image>ba_bomb_cluster_flashbang_shrapnel_impact</image>
   <explosion>ba_explosion_shrapnel</explosion>
   <launchSounds>
      <sound>bombteleport_cluster</sound>
   </launchSounds>
   <hitShipSounds>
      <sound>flashbangPlayer</sound>
   </hitShipSounds>
   <weaponArt>ba_bomblauncher_cluster_flashbang</weaponArt>
   <iconImage>bomb</iconImage>
</weaponBlueprint>

<weaponBlueprint name="BA_ARTILLERY_SLUG">
   <type>BURST</type>
   <tip>ce_tip_stungun</tip>
   <title>Bliss Neural Stunner</title>
   <short>Bliss</short>
   <flavorType>Stungun</flavorType>
   <desc>Outlawed brainwave artillery that can permanently paralyze entire ship crews. Stuns for 20 seconds.</desc>
   <tooltip>Automatically attempts to stuns the entire enemy crew for 20 seconds. Pierces all shields. 40 seconds base cooldown.</tooltip>
   <radius>70</radius>
   <damage>0</damage>
   <stun>20</stun>
   <missiles>0</missiles>
   <shots>1</shots>
   <sp>5</sp>
   <cooldown>40</cooldown>
   <power>1</power>
   <cost>70</cost>
   <bp>10</bp>
   <speed>180</speed>
   <rarity>0</rarity>
   <explosion>ba_effector_impact_1</explosion>
   <projectiles>
      <projectile count="30" fake="false">ba_effector_impact_1</projectile>
   </projectiles>
   <launchSounds>
      <sound>mindControl</sound>
   </launchSounds>
   <hitShipSounds>
      <sound>silence</sound>
   </hitShipSounds>
   <hitShieldSounds>
      <sound>silence</sound>
   </hitShieldSounds>
   <missSounds>
      <sound>silence</sound>
   </missSounds>
   <weaponArt>ba_artillery_slug</weaponArt>
</weaponBlueprint>

<weaponBlueprint name="BA_ARTILLERY_ROCK">
   <type>BURST</type>
   <flavorType>Swarm Missile Blast</flavorType>
   <title>Emperor Missile Battery</title>
   <tip>tip_flak</tip>
   <short>Emperor</short>
   <desc>Fires swarms of missiles across the enemy ships, doing up to 8 damage. Replicates it's own ammunition.</desc>
   <tooltip>Automatically bombards the enemy ships with swarms of missiles, dealing up to 8 damage. Pierces all shields. 40 seconds base cooldown.</tooltip>
   <drone_targetable>2</drone_targetable>
   <radius>105</radius>
   <damage>1</damage>
   <missiles>0</missiles>
   <shots>1</shots>
   <sp>5</sp>
   <cooldown>40</cooldown>
   <power>3</power>
   <cost>70</cost>
   <bp>10</bp>
   <speed>35</speed>
   <rarity>0</rarity>
   <explosion>ba_explosion_anime</explosion>
   <projectiles>
      <projectile count="1" fake="false">ba_shotgun_missile_shot_1</projectile>
      <projectile count="1" fake="false">ba_shotgun_missile_shot_2</projectile>
      <projectile count="1" fake="false">ba_shotgun_missile_shot_3</projectile>
      <projectile count="1" fake="false">ba_shotgun_missile_shot_4</projectile>
      <projectile count="1" fake="false">ba_shotgun_missile_shot_5</projectile>
      <projectile count="1" fake="false">ba_shotgun_missile_shot_6</projectile>
      <projectile count="1" fake="false">ba_shotgun_missile_shot_7</projectile>
      <projectile count="1" fake="false">ba_shotgun_missile_shot_8</projectile>
   </projectiles>
   <launchSounds>
      <sound>engine_missile_swarm_launch</sound>
   </launchSounds>
   <hitShipSounds>
      <sound>hit_hull_scatter_1</sound>
      <sound>hit_hull_scatter_2</sound>
      <sound>hit_hull_scatter_3</sound>
   </hitShipSounds>
   <hitShieldSounds>
      <sound>hit_shield_scatter_1</sound>
      <sound>hit_shield_scatter_2</sound>
      <sound>hit_shield_scatter_3</sound>
   </hitShieldSounds>
   <missSounds>
      <sound>miss</sound>
   </missSounds>
   <weaponArt>ba_artillery_rock</weaponArt>
</weaponBlueprint>

<weaponBlueprint name="BA_ARTILLERY_ROCK_PLASMA">
   <type>BURST</type>
   <flavorType>Physical Projectile Blast</flavorType>
   <tip>ce_tip_plasma</tip>
   <title>Mother Sun Plasma Thrower</title>
   <short>Mother Sun</short>
   <desc>Plasma artillery that has a chance to set the entire enemy ship on fire, but cannot deal physical damage or deplete shields.</desc>
   <tooltip>Automatically fires 9 plasma bolts that have a high fire chance, but are unable to deplete or penetrate shields. 40 seconds base cooldown.</tooltip>
   <radius>35</radius>
   <damage>0</damage>
   <missiles>0</missiles>
   <shots>1</shots>
   <sp>0</sp>
   <fireChance>8</fireChance>
   <cooldown>40</cooldown>
   <power>1</power>
   <cost>40</cost>
   <bp>10</bp>
   <speed>30</speed>
   <rarity>0</rarity>
   <explosion>ba_explosion_fire</explosion>
   <projectiles>
      <projectile count="9" fake="false">ba_plasma_shot</projectile>
   </projectiles>
   <launchSounds>
      <sound>heavyLaserScatter1</sound>
      <sound>heavyLaserScatter2</sound>
      <sound>heavyLaserScatter3</sound>
   </launchSounds>
   <hitShipSounds>
      <sound>fireBomb</sound>
   </hitShipSounds>
   <hitShieldSounds>
      <sound>fireBomb</sound>
   </hitShieldSounds>
   <missSounds>
      <sound>miss</sound>
   </missSounds>
   <weaponArt>ba_plasma_thrower_2</weaponArt>
</weaponBlueprint>

<weaponBlueprint name="BA_ARTILLERY_ROCK_PLASMA_ENEMY">
   <type>BURST</type>
   <flavorType>Physical Projectile Blast</flavorType>
   <tip>ce_tip_plasma</tip>
   <title>Mother Sun Plasma Thrower</title>
   <short>Mother Sun</short>
   <desc>Plasma artillery that has a chance to set the entire enemy ship on fire, but cannot deal physical damage or deplete shields.</desc>
   <tooltip>Automatically fires 9 plasma bolts that have a high fire chance, but are unable to deplete or penetrate shields. 40 seconds base cooldown.</tooltip>
   <radius>70</radius>
   <damage>0</damage>
   <missiles>0</missiles>
   <shots>1</shots>
   <sp>0</sp>
   <fireChance>6</fireChance>
   <cooldown>40</cooldown>
   <power>1</power>
   <cost>40</cost>
   <bp>10</bp>
   <speed>30</speed>
   <rarity>0</rarity>
   <explosion>ba_explosion_fire_impact</explosion>
   <projectiles>
      <projectile count="9" fake="false">ba_plasma_shot</projectile>
   </projectiles>
   <launchSounds>
      <sound>heavyLaserScatter1</sound>
      <sound>heavyLaserScatter2</sound>
      <sound>heavyLaserScatter3</sound>
   </launchSounds>
   <hitShipSounds>
      <sound>fireBomb</sound>
   </hitShipSounds>
   <hitShieldSounds>
      <sound>fireBomb</sound>
   </hitShieldSounds>
   <missSounds>
      <sound>miss</sound>
   </missSounds>
   <weaponArt>ba_plasma_thrower_2</weaponArt>
</weaponBlueprint>

<weaponBlueprint name="BA_ARTILLERY_STEALTH">
   <type>LASER</type>
   <flavorType>Swarm Missile Blast</flavorType>
   <title>Valentine Missile Rack</title>
   <tip>tip_flak</tip>
   <short>Valentine</short>
   <desc>High-tech missile artillery that replicates it's own ammunition and scrambles the targeting systems of enemy defense drones.</desc>
   <tooltip>Automatically fires a high velocity stealth missile that deals 2 damage, pierces all shields and evades lvl 1 defense drones. 30 seconds base cooldown.</tooltip>
   <damage>2</damage>
   <missiles>0</missiles>
   <shots>1</shots>
   <sp>5</sp>
   <cooldown>30</cooldown>
   <power>1</power>
   <cost>70</cost>
   <bp>10</bp>
   <speed>70</speed>
   <rarity>0</rarity>
   <explosion>explosion_random</explosion>
   <image>ba_missile_tech</image>
   <launchSounds>
      <sound>cloak_missile</sound>
   </launchSounds>
   <hitShipSounds>
      <sound>smallExplosion</sound>
   </hitShipSounds>
   <hitShieldSounds>
   </hitShieldSounds>
   <missSounds>
      <sound>miss</sound>
   </missSounds>
   <missSounds>
      <sound>miss</sound>
   </missSounds>
   <weaponArt>ba_missiles_oni</weaponArt>
</weaponBlueprint>

<weaponBlueprint name="BA_ARTILLERY_CRYSTAL"> 
   <type>LASER</type>
   <tip>tip_crystal</tip>
   <title>Lattice Lockdown Blast</title>
   <short>Lattice</short>
   <desc>Powerful projectile artillery that can breach and crystallize the entire enemy ship. Vulnerable to defense drones.</desc>
   <tooltip>Automatically fires 3 projectiles that deal 2 damage each; causes a hull breaches; causes heavy lockdown; pierces 1 shield; vulnerable to defense I. 40 seconds base cooldown.</tooltip>
   <damage>2</damage>
   <stun>10</stun>
   <shots>3</shots>
   <sp>1</sp>
   <breachChance>10</breachChance>
   <cooldown>40</cooldown>
   <lockdown>1</lockdown>
   <power>1</power>
   <speed>50</speed>
   <cost>10</cost>
   <bp>2</bp>
   <rarity>0</rarity>
   <explosion>ba_explosion_lockdown_stun</explosion>
   <image>crystal_shard3_vertical</image>
   <launchSounds>
      <sound>lockdown1</sound>
      <sound>lockdown2</sound>
   </launchSounds>
   <hitShipSounds>
      <sound>hitHull2</sound>
      <sound>hitHull3</sound>
   </hitShipSounds>
   <hitShieldSounds>
   </hitShieldSounds>
   <missSounds>
      <sound>miss</sound>
   </missSounds>
   <weaponArt>crystal_heavy_2</weaponArt>
</weaponBlueprint>

<weaponBlueprint name="BA_ARTILLERY_CRYSTAL_LIGHT">
   <type>BURST</type>
   <tip>tip_crystal</tip>
   <title>Shardstorm Crystal Burst</title>
   <short>Shardstorm</short>
   <desc>Powerful projectile artillery that riddles enemy ships with antipersonnel crystals.</desc>
   <tooltip>Automatically fires 12 shots that damage crew; low breach chance; pierces 3 shield. 40 seconds base cooldown.</tooltip>
   <persDamage>1</persDamage>
   <damage>0</damage>
   <radius>15</radius>
   <shots>1</shots>
   <sp>4</sp>
   <breachChance>1</breachChance>
   <cooldown>40</cooldown>
   <power>1</power>
   <cost>50</cost>
   <bp>7</bp>
   <rarity>0</rarity>
   <speed>90</speed>
   <projectiles>
      <projectile count="12" fake="false">crystal_shot_light_vertical</projectile>
   </projectiles>
   <launchSounds>
      <sound>lockdown1</sound>
      <sound>lockdown2</sound>
   </launchSounds>
   <hitShipSounds>
      <sound>hitHull2</sound>
      <sound>hitHull3</sound>
   </hitShipSounds>
   <hitShieldSounds>
   </hitShieldSounds>
   <missSounds>
      <sound>miss</sound>
   </missSounds>
   <weaponArt>crystal_burst_2_b</weaponArt>
</weaponBlueprint>
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri May 16, 2014 4:30 pm

Oh dear, I though the vindicator animation was a less problematic affair. I'll have to look into that. Thanks for your detailed feedback, I will event those edges out.

Russian Rockman wrote:Ok, so first off...
The Artillery "System" Blueprint needs to have it's description changed and also

Yeah, I noticed that and changed it already. ;)

Russian Rockman wrote:Is this 2 damage/30 second weapon really worth it
VS...
This 8 damage/40 second Behemoth? (<-- :idea: New weapon name?)

As you already pointed out, the true damage of the Rock artillery is much lower and pretty unpredictable. The stealth artillery can actually outdamage the Rock one against small ships I'd say. The stealth artillery also takes into account that the stealth ships start out with cloak, meaning the full cloak+full artillery combo is slightly easier to pull of with them. Bombarding the enemy with missiles while sitting out large parts of the fight in your cloak can be pretty effective.

Sidenote: Not all ships will be equal when it come to artillery, just as they are not created equal to begin with. Artillery is an offer you can take or leave and experiencing how it behaves and what synergies it allows. IMO both of these artilleries are valid in their actual functionality. And they have very distinct profiles, which I like.

Russian Rockman wrote:I can't really see the Mantis C's Artillery weapon anywhere on the ship, though I know it should be using a recolored light gatling.

It does. ;) I'll look into that.

Russian Rockman wrote:20 SECONDS of STUN??? At max power the weapon will reload in 20 seconds!

Enabling the player to stunlocking the enemy was kind of the point. Keep in mind that this does still not kill the enemy, just gives you a huge amount of controll. It also kicks in late in the fight. I still have to see how this plays out, but overall this will give you an edge if you are able to dominate your oponent already, but will help you less if your oponent is even or strong. I'll consider giving enemies some chance to resist this (aka inaccuracy.)
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Fri May 16, 2014 4:43 pm

I actually wouldn't mind giving the Federation Artillery a light Buff. Any ideas?

Not really. I thought of changing it to 2-damage 2-pierce, or make it shorter and into a 2-damage 3-pierce, to encourage timed assistance with your weapons system, but they have their own drawbacks and won't allow for certain very pure tanking builds, and 2-damage 4-pierce might be a little too much.

Of course, each Fed layout could have a slightly different Vindicator too. Classic Vindicator, the shorter 2-damage 3-pierce Reinvindicator, and (if you haven't implemented it on another ship, as I'm about to check them out right now), a mega-focus Contravindicator.

Also, will you (if you haven't already) include the artillery system in the list of systems the enemy can internal-effectorize at the beggining of battle? Not sure what the in-universe explanation would be though.
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.213/Inf 1.213/EL 1.213

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri May 16, 2014 7:23 pm

Thanks again for the fedback Russian. I hope I things work more smooth now.

Russian Rockman wrote:The Engi A and C's artillery looks really cool, I just don't like when it is half way charged because the half way image doesn't seem natural.

Yeah, that was kind of the test setting. Not intended.

Russian Rockman wrote:One thing I might :idea: suggest though is to decrease the size of the crew portraits by 1 line of pixels from the bottom. The reason for this is just so that the portrait doesn't barely overlap the crew person's name when customizing them. (1 pixel equates to 3-4 pixels in that screen). And I also still think the female human's portrait is a bit too small. These are just really tiny nit-picks though and I know all you did was port it over from someone else to CE.

That would cut them off in the regular display as well and look odd I think. Also I did not make these as you know. Maybe consider giving feedback in the original mod thread. ;)

Sleeper Service wrote:I hope you like the artillery room images I sent you.

Yeah thanks again for these. That was one less thing I had to take care of. Very helpful. 8-)

Russian Rockman wrote: Would you mind if I use some of your layouts or weapons for Open Artillery in the future?

Of course not, go ahead. :)

CE Update 1.213
- Engi A and C artillery animation fixed
- Mantis C artillery gun animation fixed
- Fed B weapon mount fixed
- Vindicator Beam animation fixed
- Fed C/Lanius A/Lanius B artillery animation fixed
- Stealth artillery damage increased
- Titel screen name spelling corrected (sorry everyone)
- Ingame character name spelling corrected (sorry again)
- A few people from the forum to the name list added (let me know if you think you should be included)
- Some artillery descriptions changed

CE Infinite 1.213
- Changes of CE 1.213 imported

CE Endless Loot 1.213 for CE and CE Endless Loot 1.213 for CE Infinite
- Changes of CE 1.213 imported

@ Russian Rockman:
As you can see I have come to agree that the Valentine can do with a boost. ;)

Russian Rockman wrote:Also, good job on the graduated artillery charge bar. The only difference between yours and the Open Artillery one is yours has 2 divisions and ours has 4. I think you should separate the Artillery Bar 3 times though so you have 4 even boxes. I think people will be better able to understand that each "box" represents 10 seconds then. ;) And it looks symmetrical. :geek:

There is no artillery in CE that would charge within one single "box", so I find that unnecessary. How much time one box represents depends entirely on how much power you have put into the system. My idea here is that players realize at which mark their individual artillery charges (half, 3/4, or full), a value that remains the same for each power level. The player can still deduce the individual cooldown from the tooltip, in case he/she wants to compare that with the rest of the loadout.
thinkpad

Postby thinkpad » Sat May 17, 2014 2:48 am

There seems to be a bug with the Lock 2 on the Crystal A, the lockdown animation covers the system icon and remains as the ship is destroyed if the Lock 2 is the one to destroy the ship. CE 1.213 on FTL 1.5.4. Also the game crashed trying to continue a game from 1.212. When it happens again I will upload the continue.sav file for you to test it.
Last edited by thinkpad on Sat May 17, 2014 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
The wise Sten

Postby The wise Sten » Sat May 17, 2014 5:42 am

Hey, it seems as if both ELi and ELs links on the main page both leads to ELi mediafire. I can't download ELs.
CoryStarkiller

Postby CoryStarkiller » Sat May 17, 2014 10:53 am

The wise Sten wrote:Hey, it seems as if both ELi and ELs links on the main page both leads to ELi mediafire. I can't download ELs.

I was just going to post this.