FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
UltraMantis

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.084

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:11 pm

There was nothing in the logs. No idea why 2/3 of the OP are missing. Last entry in the logs is dated Dec 03, a month ago and it has nothing to do with the OP. :(

I hope Sleeper has a backup of it though i kinda don't think so. Maybe the post is archived on Google? If there is any was to revert a single topic to it's previous state, then it's an admin tool and one moderators have no access to. If it even exists and i'm pretty sure it doesn't.

EDIT - The OP is cached on Google, so it's possible to reconstruct it, though it may take a while to link up all the images.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:30 pm

@Sleeper
Crisis averted

edit: Since I don't know how often Google updates its caches, I took the time to restore the source post while the old page is still cached - link.

edit2: First header with the [size] tag miraculously survived the texticide. Updated the recovered post -- it is now ctrl-A-ctrl-C-ctrl-V-ready.
Last edited by kartoFlane on Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Estel

Postby Estel » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:49 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Not sure what happened there. PMed Ultramantis about that...

@ Estel: Sounds a lot like you went out of fuel with that jump.

*faceplam* Damn, I'm an idiot (at least, sometimes). Yes, that's me, nice to meet you ;)

You're right, of course - sorry for the FUD. Playing CE in current version is so tense, that - for the very first time - I forgot to actually check fuel "meter" to the point of clicking into "JUMP" button with 0 fuel for few minutes, and still never realizing what's the reason. That speaks something about CE's quality :)

PaladinGreco wrote:
Sleeper Service wrote:Don't forget that CE is designed to be harsher.

Really? That's news to me. So you've finally abandoned the idea of keeping the curve as close to vanilla as possible. That's unfortunate. =/

No, he never abandoned anything. As I recall early statements, it was "experience as close to vanilla as possible, just harsher".

Also, check FTL-even stylized introduction in first post, which is there since day 1 - "in a harsher, richer galaxy".

/Estel
ikeelyou300

Postby ikeelyou300 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:44 pm

subprogram32 wrote:EDIT: Problem is with BPAB. Removing that allows it to load the menu even with the latest CE version. How vital is Better Planets now to CE may I ask?

Wow I've never seen someone with that same problem before. That only happens on 1 of my computers. On my other computer BPAB works fine with CE. Both my computers are running windows 7. I don't have the foggiest idea how to make BPAB work on my other computer.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:26 pm

kartoFlane wrote:@Sleeper
Crisis averted

edit: Since I don't know how often Google updates its caches, I took the time to restore the source post while the old page is still cached - link.

edit2: First header with the [size] tag miraculously survived the texticide. Updated the recovered post -- it is now ctrl-A-ctrl-C-ctrl-V-ready.

Wow great, thanks a lot, that made restoring the OP really easy. Made a backup in case this ever happens again.
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:22 pm

PaladinGreco wrote:
Sleeper Service wrote:Don't forget that CE is designed to be harsher.

Really? That's news to me. So you've finally abandoned the idea of keeping the curve as close to vanilla as possible. That's unfortunate. =/

I disagree.
KJ4VOV

Postby KJ4VOV » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:17 am

Sleeper Service wrote:
KJ4VOV wrote:If you're interested Sleeper, I have a game "continue" file on my system that will cause a CTD

The sequence is start the game, select "continue", turn on "autofire", select "jump", choose "next sector", pick the top choice (I forget the sector name), BOOM, crashes right to desktop.

The save file is not needed, but it would be great to know the sector name.

Drone carriers and drone harbours are actually in for a small rebalancing. I'm pretty sure that the ominous sector one three shield layer enemies mentioned before have never existed in CE.

"Contained Illness Zone 7" And... today the game is not crashing with that file. Which leads me to believe it's a caching problem, possibly video card related.
Due to the rising cost of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.
MachineGunKelly

Postby MachineGunKelly » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:04 am

I'm confused on how install the mods that go with this into a certain order any help?
KJ4VOV

Postby KJ4VOV » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:44 am

MachineGunKelly wrote:I'm confused on how install the mods that go with this into a certain order any help?

In SMM just click & drag to put them in the right order.
Due to the rising cost of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.
Kartoffelr

Postby Kartoffelr » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:28 am

Estel wrote:
Kartoffelr wrote:Another thing:
The encased systems actually can get damaged with the advanced ion weapons. And the enemy crew can't repair them. Is that intentionally?

That's actually very interesting, could you elaborate more on how that happened? I.E how the hell advanced ion weapon even targeted encased system to damage it?

All Ion weapons hit the shield system first. When the shield system is encased and the Ion Weapon also does real system damage (there are at least 2 Ion weapons in CE who do), the encased system will get the damage and after some hits, become red.