FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.208c/Inf 1.208/EL 0.98e

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri May 02, 2014 12:51 am

TXarum wrote:i can't get EL to work. some of the wepeons are missing textures and only shows basic laser. and the engi A done won't fire at all. I have re-downloaded all mods but that doesn't help. any idea what the problem is?

Me not testing things properly. :| I don't think we ever got to a version f of minor updates. The missing textures should be fixed now.

CE Endless Loot 0.98f for CE and CE Endless Loot 0.98f for CE Infinite
- Fixed an oversight that prevented some prefix graphics to be displayed
Estel

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.208c/Inf 1.208/EL 0.98f

Postby Estel » Fri May 02, 2014 1:51 am

Don't worry sleeper, as long as we don't need to enter non-ASCII characters for minor versions (due to exhausting alphanumerics) it's not that bad ;)

Seriously though, your dedication to keep the mod updated and fix those glitches is astonishing - especially considering how long your usual update routine takes. Really, hats off.
---

On a different note - while glimpsing through content of CE's files (I wanted to add requisition license to starting loadout of kestrel C *while* using vanilla player loadouts), I noticed that for every file in the mod, there is a copy with '~' at the end, and file content is duplicated. For example, for:
blueprints.xml.append
... there is:
blueprints.xml.append~
...in the same directory of the archive (.ftl), with exactly the same content. Also, there are some ~-ended files, that doesn't have normal equivalents and doesn't seem to be related to mod content, at all - for example, in vanilla player ship loadouts, we have bunch of files like:
events.xml.append~
sounds.xml.append~
...etc. The duplicated files are somehow required by FTL engine, or those are some leftovers from modding process that could be banished from release version? I'm asking, as it seems to make the mod more than 2*size-graphic_files bigger. Also, out of plain curiosity ;)

/Estel
Estel

Postby Estel » Fri May 02, 2014 6:27 am

Smalus bugus reportus:

1. It is still not possible to break truce with AI :( (in cases, where it upload map data, etc). I think it wouldn't hurt to have this option - with smallest chance of crew mutinying (it's "just" a computer, after all - but still, there could be cases when crew doesn't want tofollow that order) of all enemy ships - as accepting AI surrender can still be a risky business (rocket form hidden launcher, etc). Of course, slugs would be able to do it without even slight chance of penalty. (Severity: Minor)

2. Nanobots in AI controlled sector's nebulae doesn't disable one point of new, AE systems. (Severity: Medium)

3. As you may expect, I was very, very happy to see rogue AI sector back in CE. Coincidentally, when jumped there, I had plenty of scrap hoarded (waited for shop), so I added buffer bars to my crucial systems and planned to try some nano-hunting, using my Lanius and AI avatar (backed up by cloning system) to board AI control vessels, and kill their weak holo-crew, disabling their [strike]clone bays[/strike] AI backup replicators with hacking drone or brute force. After all, prizes in those nanobot clouds are quite high, right?

Well, it could work, if this enemy wouldn't be a little buggy ;) :
http://s16.postimg.org/m300c1oj7/image.jpg

Notice life-support system and full Zoltan crew. Still tried to blow them up, locking their doors via hacking and picking them one by one, but their blowing up constantly killed my crew, of course. Encountering those zoltan-like AIs ( ;) ) 4 times in row was a little to much for my poor pirate kestrel. (Severity: Medium)

Suggestions:

1. In the event of meeting civilians passing too close to a sun, we can use system repair bomb to help them. As hull repair bomb also repair systems since few versions, I suggest that hull repair II could become a similar blue event (Hull repair I may be to "weak" here).

2. Speaking of nanobots in AI sector - as we know, they eat our ship and disable systems. I was wondering - could Lanius crew member and its tech-assimilation become a blue event here, just like rock ceramic layers are for acid clouds? It could defend from having that bar of every system disabled, OR from hull damage (I think both would make it too easy). It would give some characteristic to Lanius ship (and rare Lanius crew member, it's not so easy to get one on other ships that doesn't start with one).

Cheers,
/Estel
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Fri May 02, 2014 8:54 am

I think the swarm missile "tip" in misc still says that they bypass level 1 defense drones. ;)

Also, I feel like the Industrial Beam tip should say something about their ability to scan a sector for potential mining locations, but maybe that's out of place.

Finally, there is still room in the "tips" to say that plasma weapons and light lasers and such bypass Zoltan Shields, if you want that is. Right now plasma weapons specifically say that they can not deplete shields.... :?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri May 02, 2014 8:59 am

Some nice catches there. I'll take care of it eventually.

Russian Rockman wrote:Also, I feel like the Industrial Beam tip should say something about their ability to scan a sector for potential mining locations, but maybe that's out of place.

That option is actually related to beam drones.
Kaerius

Postby Kaerius » Fri May 02, 2014 9:26 am

Found an auto-drone in 1.208b that crashes the game when I kill it. Plated Auto Surveyor.

I was using mind control shielding combat augment, if it matters.

Crash log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ocyffeq3r7act ... .11.27.txt

Mod order:
CE 1.208b
EL for normal 0.98d
Non-EL enemy ship loadouts 1.0
Starting scrap advantage
Disable fleet
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Fri May 02, 2014 9:57 am

Well from my testing adding the "radius" tag to non-Burst weapons seems to have no functional affect. :( It adds the red circle to the reticle, but the weapon will still always hit exactly where it was meant to. Too Bad, guess we're just a lot better at aiming cluster bombs than our enemies...

On the other hand, adding the "spin" tag seems to work on all projectile weapons. This basically just makes the projectiles spin a bit as their travelling through the air. I'm not sure if this is really useful or not, but I put the spin tag on a Burst laser and the result was pretty hilarious. :lol: SPAZ LASERS! :lol:
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri May 02, 2014 11:27 am

Yeah the value there seems to be degrees, but I have no idea how it exactly controls the rate at which stuff spins. I wanted mines to spin really slowly, but 120 was still very fast.

Kaerius wrote:I was using mind control shielding combat augment, if it matters.

Mind shielding seems to cause some very weird issues. I'm not sure whats wrong there.
Nider_01

Postby Nider_01 » Fri May 02, 2014 2:13 pm

Weapons Drone-Carrier? ;)

Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.208c/Inf 1.209/EL 0.98f

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri May 02, 2014 10:16 pm

A quick update for Infinite to fix something I noticed in a lets play.

CE Infinite 1.209
- Fleet controlled exit beacons now correctly allow you to escape into deep space also when AE is enabled