FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
meklozz

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.281b/Inf 1.28/EL 1.28

Postby meklozz » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:42 pm

Well, I was referring to a different person's issue than that screen. It could still help, but if memory itself is the problem, the game usually just crashes.

I have seen that red dot problem before, but I don't think it was resolved. It's odd, more like the mod manager didn't quite install everything. There is some information about this in the troubleshooting section, too, and though you said you've tried that, you should really jump through all those hoops if there's anything you may have missed, like re-downloading everything, 64 bit java etc.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:34 pm

TheEvilHatter wrote:What are the chances for a Store to spawn in Infinite mode?
Regular stores spawn with 66% probability, with additional stores being able to spawn as stylesrj described. If you want to maximize your store change you'll want to try to uncover as many beacons as possible while also traveling to the exit as directly as possible, to spawn a new sector with a new chance to spawn a store.

meklozz wrote:Does anyone know why this works so weirdly for different people, by the way? I personally could install my whole mod list (a lot) and run into basically no problems, and some people get such huge ram usage... And my computer is hardly powerful. Is this an FTL bug? I once saw a person who had such a problem with this mod also report very large FTL memory use in general, so it doesn't seem like just a mod thing.
Possible. Ultimately the game just wasn't designed to load that many assets, and the problems that some people are having with instilling the mod are largely out of our control. I don't really see how allocating more ram to a program risks ones computers integrity, but obviously it is the users responsibility to decide what they want to do with their machine.

RazorCaptain wrote:I am not convinced I have the same issue the previous gentleman was having...
Mainly because his screenshot presents this weird texture present in the room's...
http://i.imgur.com/koVc4Vq.png
Other people reported problems with the same ship mod. That has nothing to do with CE, the ship mod is simply outdated as far as I can tell.

RazorCaptain wrote:Mine looks more like this:
http://i.imgur.com/BugHnkp.png

And just so it's out there...I do have 4 Gigs of RAM.
Again, as far as I can tell physical ram isn't what limits FTL, rather the FTL executable is limited to use only a certain amount of ram to load assets. However the problem shown on the screenshot hints that SMM didn't patch in the required files or that the files are incomplete. As meklozz described, going through the troubleshooting steps might be your best bet.
Captain Trek

Postby Captain Trek » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:39 pm

Welp, it's taking me way too long to get around to "completing" (that is, starting with a fresh save file with nothing but the Kestral A unlocked and going on to complete the game with all the ships on Normal. Note that there are a few RNG-based achievements such as Tactical Approach I'm not going to bother trying for) Captain's Edition, but I just got done with the Engi B. I'm actually really surprised that it only took two tries, but I'll freely admit I got kinda lucky scoring a free mantis crewmember fairly early on, meaning I ultimately wound up buying only one (human, from a store) crewmember the entire run.

What I was doing wrong when I played CE in the past definitely was trying to rely at all on the AI generator augment, which is kind of sad because it's supposed to provide the ship with something unique and interesting but in practice is just too risky to be worth using. Also just didn't have particularly good luck in general on those past attempts. This time I managed to find an anti-bio beam that let me decrew a bunch of ships in the mid sectors for extra crewmen and better rewards. Shockingly few weapons, though, with just a Burst Scatter I and a Burst II actually proving useful along with a handful of not-useful pickups, none of which I think were actually from decrewing ships.

Still, at the end of the game I had Burst Scatter I, Burst II, the starting Old Lasers, a Missile II drone, and an Ion I drone, and that was more than enough to smack down the flagship.

Incidentally, I'm getting graphical glitches as well, with certain textures and characters of text disappearing, but I've been ignoring it since it doesn't really effect gameplay all that much.
Epsilon Carinae

Postby Epsilon Carinae » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:11 pm

Bug: On the map, there can be beacons that say they have stores. When you jump to these beacons, you find out it is a trap.
But it brings you to the store first, rather than the battle.
I am an innocent ant in an unforgiving world.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:59 pm

That's how FTL works. If there's a Store, it'll be a Store, even if it turns out to be a trap.

Actually none of them seem to be traps but more like opportunities. Pirates decide they don't like your guts or some goons board you despite the Level 3 Doors, etc. Nothing really that shouts "trap" like Malcolm Reynolds and Inara not fighting.
alexplekhanov

Postby alexplekhanov » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:31 pm

Hello, in 1.281b i have got a bug, i can't aim any beam weapons, instead of red line ( when aiming) i 've got some kind of red dote, weapon shoots only in that sector of enemy's ship , when the dote is.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:36 pm

CE introduces 'focus beams' that can only hit a single room, so that behaviour is intended.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:47 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:'focus beams' that can only hit a single room

if you try hard enough and aim the beam between two rooms you can hit both of them. though, this is obviously unintended and falls down to the nature of rooms themselves
I'm guessing since they both share that side the beam hits both of them.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:00 pm

You are right, that was just discovered relative recently. Please stop telling everyone. :D

I'll just say that this is considered cheating and leave it at that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Noimnotagorilla

Postby Noimnotagorilla » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:54 am

For some reason after patching the mod in, in the correct order and everything, the game closes as soon as it finishes loading. I've gone through the troubleshooting, and reinstalled the mod patcher and game multiple times, and the patcher worked with other mods, but for some reason Captain's Edition won't work. Any suggestions?