FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Yholl

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.269/Inf 1.267/EL 1.266

Postby Yholl » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:58 am

Alrighty, new to the forums, hi there!

I've been gradually working my way into FTL, slowly going from normal to Advanced Edition, to Captain's Edition, and then finally to CE Infinite, and it's been a hell of a blast, thanks for the fantastic mod! My productivity has gone down the drain, but whatever, heh.

Unfortunately, in my last Infinite run, I've come across a gamecrashing bug of a most infuriating kind; a location that crashes when you jump to it, and it's the only route through the sector. Such is my luck.
I'm hoping I can provide enough information to help solve it, but I'm not that familiar with the inner workings of the game; if you need more information, just tell me what to do to get it and I will. Click on a picture for fullscreen.
The selected area is the crash location, jumping there causes the game to lockup as soon as my ship disappears, although sound continues. I thiiiiink this is a nebula sector, although I'm not sure, like 80% sure it is.

My system levels and equipment. My augments are a Mapping Computer, Drone Recovery Arm and Engi Nano Medibots.

Here's my load order, if I did something stupid.

Any help would be appreciated, even just a way to extricate myself from this unavoidable doomsday location would mean the world to me. I'm really enjoying this run, rather not see it go to waste.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:35 am

Factoria indicates that it's an automated sector, I think...there've been some known issues with automated sectors in the past.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:01 am

Unfortunately, in my last Infinite run, I've come across a gamecrashing bug of a most infuriating kind; a location that crashes when you jump to it, and it's the only route through the sector. Such is my luck.

You could always jump between explored beacons until the rebel fleet catches up and changes the event. But that's an extreme option.
rannl

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.268/Inf 1.267/EL 1.266

Postby rannl » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:50 am

Sleeper Service wrote:It appears that some people released their own russian version of CE without giving credit to the original mod. Thats kind of low considering how much work went into CE and how many people contributed to it. Then again I don't speak Russian and this might all be good, but CE is nowhere mentioned in the description or video title, so I have to assume someone slapped a new loading screen on our work and called it his own. Lame. :cry:

I got a little curious about this mod, and found it here.
Thanks to google translate I read the post.
The "author" of the mod clearly states that he changed the name of the mod and explains in the comments that it is a russian version of CE, with added content.
Is it such a big deal to give the people who worked on CE for 2 years a single line of credit :x ?
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:17 am

idk why but I do feel quite disappointed about this. I did put some assets in this mod but I do not really care if people rip off my stuff (I do put a my signature on each ship I made secretly. So even if they claim they made it, I still have the fact it has my signature on it)

Also what happened to this?...

"Image
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/. All assets of this mod, besides third party ones which are not created by the author, are free to use for other modders, as long as they use them for non-commercial purposes and are willing to share their work alike."
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:31 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:idk why but I do feel quite disappointed about this. I did put some assets in this mod but I do not really care if people rip off my stuff (I do put a my signature on each ship I made secretly. So even if they claim they made it, I still have the fact it has my signature on it)

Also what happened to this?...

"Image
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/. All assets of this mod, besides third party ones which are not created by the author, are free to use for other modders, as long as they use them for non-commercial purposes and are willing to share their work alike."

It is implied at the very least that you're supposed to give credit for it. Besides, this isn't just Sleeper's work - it's possible that someone else gave HIM permission, not the first person to try and rip it off.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:52 pm

could be so. But there is barely any credit besides a small line in a tiny area saying it's the RU version of CE.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:40 am

Guys, I found another quote about Captain's Edition!

NarnKar wrote:Captain's Edition is game of the year, now put me on the first post

I'm only joking, don't hurt me
FreedomFighter

Postby FreedomFighter » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:53 am

Is there any info about each event in CE? I want to read about the one that i already came across.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:28 pm

FreedomFighter wrote:Is there any info about each event in CE? I want to read about the one that i already came across.

Even if there is a place. I can bet you all my scrap that it'll be nearly impossible to find your specific one unless it is a very special one...
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.