FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Biohazard063

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.265/Inf 1.264/EL 1.264b

Postby Biohazard063 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:04 am

Well, I gave it the focused fire beam.
And that one actually works.
Pretty powerful to, and it accomplishes the same thing.
Anyway, thanks for the responses, and letting me know it wasn't me that's at fault but the game itself.

Bit odd though since I remember a ship generated by Randtrell mod that used missile based weapons.
Problem there was it shot 5 missiles, but if the ship had less then 5 rooms, the game crashed :lol:
Just FTL things I suppose.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:31 am

I had a funny idea for a event where you find some destroyed ships of an old battle and find an Ai replicator, if you go in to get it you get the replicator safely back however 2 ship hulls smash together and kills one of your crew.

After you get on board and create the first Ai holograph it thinks it is the dead crew member and refuses to be an Ai.
(aka ghost so to say)
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:57 am

That's because the artillery weapon still takes no missiles to fire. You can totally have a Bomb or missile-type weapon be an Artillery weapon, so long as it doesn't use resources to fire them.
ImageImage
InfinitePants

Non-EL Enemies & Skin Pigment issues/questions:

Postby InfinitePants » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:59 am

So I've been playing with CE ever since I got it to work (I was missing 'Additional Music Infinite Compatibility patch' in my mod load out) and I've been enjoying it immensely, but the only problem I'm experiencing (aside from humans sometimes being red/blue skinned and slugs being transparent-skinned unless manning a system) is that the 'Non-EL Enemy Loadouts Addon' seems to not be working, as all of the enemy ships I encounter have EL weapons.
At first I was alright with it as it added an element of surprise/unpredictability to my game, but once I get around sector 6-7 unless I've stumbled across a weapons pre-igniter, one decked out ship with a couple of lucky first shots can end up dooming me from the get go (say with a 6 ion damage cannon or quintuple missile-launcher).
So, I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this add on not working and how they fixed the problem.
And while I'm asking probably annoying questions, seriously, does anyone know what's up with blue/red/transparent skin problem? Note on this: I have the vanilla portraits patch in my mod loadout.

Super grateful to anyone who takes the time to help me figure this stuff out!

My mod load order:
Better Planets and Backgrounds_v1.3.1.ftl
CE Resource Pack 1.261.ftl
FTL Captains Edition 1.263.ftl
CE BPaB Compatibility Patch 1.0.ftl
CE Vanilla Portraits Patch.ftl
CE Additional Music Addon 1.248.ftl
CE Infinite Addon 1.26.ftl
CE Additional Music Infinite Compatibility Patch 1.0.ftl
EL Texture Pack 1.261.ftl
CE Endless Loot Addon for CE Infinite 1.26b.ftl
CE Non-EL Enemy Loadouts Addon 1.241.ftl
Expanded Enemy Window 1.2.ftl
IndustrialRobot

Postby IndustrialRobot » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:04 am

I'm not sure the red/blue skinned humans isn't really a bug, just a feature.
I always found the colorful people so cool looking, and thought it was a good addon :) but I can see how it could get annoying for others.

As for mod problems, I have no idea ;3 see if Sleeper Service could help you, or another fellow stranger.

(Quintuple missile launchers?! I feel bad for you son...)
InfinitePants

Postby InfinitePants » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:23 am

Ok, I'm just glad to know the colorful humans are meant to be that way, and I do like the new human outfits, was only really annoyed with the transparent (except when operating systems) slugs :/

I suppose I could bug SS with a PM, but I posted basically the same question on reddit tonight too so I think I'll see if someone has any ideas about EL enemies here or there in the next couple days before I go that far :P

And tell me about it, last death I had just gotten the 3 base-damage hull laser for the first time (with +1 systems damage) :o
Krazyguy75

Re: Non-EL Enemies & Skin Pigment issues/questions:

Postby Krazyguy75 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:07 am

InfinitePants wrote:So I've been playing with CE ever since I got it to work (I was missing 'Additional Music Infinite Compatibility patch' in my mod load out) and I've been enjoying it immensely, but the only problem I'm experiencing (aside from humans sometimes being red/blue skinned and slugs being transparent-skinned unless manning a system) is that the 'Non-EL Enemy Loadouts Addon' seems to not be working, as all of the enemy ships I encounter have EL weapons.
At first I was alright with it as it added an element of surprise/unpredictability to my game, but once I get around sector 6-7 unless I've stumbled across a weapons pre-igniter, one decked out ship with a couple of lucky first shots can end up dooming me from the get go (say with a 6 ion damage cannon or quintuple missile-launcher).
So, I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this add on not working and how they fixed the problem.
And while I'm asking probably annoying questions, seriously, does anyone know what's up with blue/red/transparent skin problem? Note on this: I have the vanilla portraits patch in my mod loadout.

Super grateful to anyone who takes the time to help me figure this stuff out!

My mod load order:
Better Planets and Backgrounds_v1.3.1.ftl
CE Resource Pack 1.261.ftl
FTL Captains Edition 1.263.ftl
CE BPaB Compatibility Patch 1.0.ftl
CE Vanilla Portraits Patch.ftl
CE Additional Music Addon 1.248.ftl
CE Infinite Addon 1.26.ftl
CE Additional Music Infinite Compatibility Patch 1.0.ftl
EL Texture Pack 1.261.ftl
CE Endless Loot Addon for CE Infinite 1.26b.ftl
CE Non-EL Enemy Loadouts Addon 1.241.ftl
Expanded Enemy Window 1.2.ftl

I suggest updating your Non-EL Enemy Loadouts addon to version 1.26, given you are using EL 1.26. Don't know if that is the source of your problem, but it can't hurt.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:07 pm

CE implies that the human crew is actually a broad range of different "Humanoids", not only earthly humans but individuals with human-like physiology from all over the galaxy. Basically like in star trek, where a broad portion of the involved races are basically humans with antennas (and simple makeup). So yeah, blue human people are to be expected in CE.

The semi transparent Slugs where actually meant to look like they cloak when walking or in combat. That seemed to confused a lot of people and was hard to get across beyond the visuals, so they no longer do this since 1.265 I think.

Concerning the Non-EL Enemy Loadouts Addon:
Your mod load order looks ok, but maybe you really have to update the addon. I'm not entirely sure if this is the cause of the weapons still appearing.
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.266/Inf 1.264/EL 1.264b

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:55 am

CE Resource Pack 1.266
- Slug portrait saturation fine tuned
- Humanoid portrait armor saturation fine tuned
- Effector Drone reworked to match new AE effector style
- R4V3-0N's Militia Defender ship model integrated

CE Update 1.266
- Troopship crews are generally equipped with Adaptive Gel Suits now
- Civ goods can now be sold to traveling traders as intended
- About a thousand new crew names added
- The FTL Fuel Recycler augment has a slightly lower overall fuel output now
- A couple of Lanius events added
- Some new ship classes for the Militias added
Knightmarez

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.266/Inf 1.264/EL 1.264b

Postby Knightmarez » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:17 am

Thanks sleeper service for working so hard on this mod. I would love to talk some time, got steam?