FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
DAOWAce

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.261/Inf 1.26/EL 1.26b

Postby DAOWAce » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:06 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:The mod manager will revert your game to an unmoded state whenever you click patch, before installing any mods you have selected. Hitting patch without any mods select will cause it to revert the game to vanilla. So you just have to put the latest versions of your mods into the mod folder and install them as usual.

Well, that's something I didn't know. Thanks for the info; good to learn this.
I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't help the way people interpret my words.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:56 pm

Packerton wrote:The Flagship is too damn hard and really needs to be reworked or reverted in the Captains edition mod.

There are people that play hundreds of hours without even beating the vanilla boss, some of which argue that therefore the boss has to change. But from what I can tell there are also lot of people can reliably beat the CE boss, so I see no need to change it. I'm sorry that the final battle ruins your fun, but I simply can't nor do I try to make everyone happy (just like the Defs I guess.) The premise of the mod is to provide richer and harsher game-play and IMO the boss changes are in line with that. Maybe consider watching some of biohazards vids to see examples of successfully completed CE boss fights (he won about half of his latest runs). You might have to reconsider your play and think about how you can improve.
Vesanus

Postby Vesanus » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:16 pm

I'm still having problems with CE Infinite addon. I don't get the choice at the exit of the sector to continuously roam through the uncharted sectors. Instead i get a random event and then I can only click "NEXT SECTOR".

ALL the other mods are working though, just not this one. :/
Everything was loaded in proper order (just like said on the 1st page).

This is my mod list to be fully precise:

Please help :S
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:18 pm

You (somehow) have Captain's Edition loaded after CE infinite--it should be the other way around.
I think you might've just not noticed.
Vesanus

Postby Vesanus » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:40 am

Ok, I fixed it.

Let's just say I'm stupid.
Va1iD

Postby Va1iD » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:18 pm

FTL ACE crashes after repairing ship from an automated repair ship. Can't load save again :cry: .
I was in a hostile generated sector, and was in open space (not surrounded by nebula). Hull had lost 4 hp, so I used the automated repair ship to repair 5 hp. When repaired, I pressed continue and.. that crashed my game. Everything else in-game works smoothly, but I can't continue from that save..

Mods (installed in order given):
Alpha - The sM Polish Kit for Advanced Edition
Better Planets and Backgrounds_v1.3.1
CE Resource Pack 1.26
FTL Captains Edition 1.26b
CE BPaB Compatibility Patch 1.0
CE Additional Music Addon 1.248
randomFlagship
Randtrel
Module - Augmented Weapons for sMPK-CE
Patch - The sMPK for Captains Edition
GFX - Ship Greebles for sMPK-CE
Ship - Captains Edition Player Ships.

I was using the type b of the Kestrel, and all systems were fully repaired. Had a drone bay upgraded to level 3, had weapons upgraded to level 6/7, with 4 weapons all running at the same time.

I hope this helps!
Remember: You can never have enough lasers. Or beams. Or missiles. Or Ions. Or bombs.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:48 pm

sMPK-CE-Augmented should be loaded after sMPK-CE.

Funny thing that happened to me: Bought the bounty hunter badge/radio/whatever it's called, used it on a sector entry beacon. Somehow, the quest spawned at the next sector, even though I had just entered that sector. I figured all the beacons in that sector were already occupied with other events.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:25 pm

In addition to that, you need to have the base form of Augmented Weapons loaded as well, followed by the CE addition, for that to work as planned.
ImageImage
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:43 pm

Mr. Mister wrote:sMPK-CE-Augmented should be loaded after sMPK-CE.

Funny thing that happened to me: Bought the bounty hunter badge/radio/whatever it's called, used it on a sector entry beacon. Somehow, the quest spawned at the next sector, even though I had just entered that sector. I figured all the beacons in that sector were already occupied with other events.

Wow thats really odd. I'm pretty sure quests will actually just override any other beacons and the "a quest beacon has been added for the next sector" thing only happens once the fleet gets closer to the exit beacon.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:21 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:
Mr. Mister wrote:Somehow, the quest spawned at the next sector, even though I had just entered that sector.

Wow thats really odd. I'm pretty sure quests will actually just override any other beacons and the "a quest beacon has been added for the next sector" thing only happens once the fleet gets closer to the exit beacon.

If it was a nebula sector, then that isn't odd at all. Quests can't spawn on nebula beacons.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.