FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
dalolorn

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.25/Inf 1.25/EL 1.25

Postby dalolorn » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:53 pm

NewAgeOfPower wrote:What's the issue with a level 4 clonebay?

Instant recloning, and jumping around will immediately heal the crew to full.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:21 pm

Instant recloning, and jumping around will immediately heal the crew to full.

Which by the way is still very expensive to acquire. If your ship starts with a Clone Bay, you have to buy the Medbay, then buy Level 4 for 900 scrap, then spend another 180 to switch to the Clone Bay.

----------------------

I'm concerned about the fact that Level 5 shields are gone just because they don't show right in the corner. They used to show correctly before that part of the UI was changed. Why can't that part of the UI go back to it and the problem is solved

By the way in CE infinite, I encountered a couple of ships, mostly traders who use the Bad ID Rebel Rigger. They'd exchange fuel for drones or offer deals of a lifetime but the ship wouldn't be the sort of ship a Federation loyalist would want to trade with (then again, you can sell asteroid ore to the Rebels, so why not exchange fuel for Drones with them?)
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:52 pm

You can acquire that amount of scrap in a single lvl 7 deep space sector, basically enabling any ship to immortalize its crew in the late game for a pretty small price. Even if lvl 4 medbay would be way more expensive, this all would seem like a glitches and unintended edge the player can get. Just like the shields UI would seem glitches on lvl 10 with the modified UI, and the vanilla UI alike.

stylesrj wrote:By the way in CE infinite, I encountered a couple of ships, mostly traders who use the Bad ID Rebel Rigger.

I got that covered, just forgot to add it to the changelog till now.

Oh and by the way everyone, I also made this extend fleet pursuit indicator mod the other day. In case someone here is interested in this.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:07 pm

Just like the shields UI would seem glitches on lvl 10 with the modified UI, and the vanilla UI alike.

It's not really glitchy on the Vanilla UI. The first shield icon changes colour and when it takes damage, it gets a pink outline. It's when you go for more than 5 layers the thing really gets glitchy - every time you start a game or find a ship with Level 6+ shields, the layers beyond 5 are damaged and need repairs.

But the extra layers get pink outlines too when damaged. The game knows how to compensate.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:48 pm

This falls under my definition of "gliched": Having five shields powered, yet only four bubbles displayed in the UI. The game does not telegraph how many shield layers are active coherently this way. There are enough players that will find that annoying I'd say. Not good enough for my taste either.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:31 pm

@Level 4 Doors and Sensors for Infinite (Late to discussion... ;) ): I just tested this. Manning these do not glitch them out. They maintain their level 4 attributes when manned. I even tested Level 4 Piloting. The evasion stat claims it is still 80% like Level 3 Piloting. It appears that with Piloting and Doors, you can add text to misc.xml for the higher levels, but Sensors appear to steal from cloaking (25 sec cloak) when it states what Level 5 does. I didn't mess with misc.xml, so I don't know if you can add a description for Level 5 Sensors.

@Level 5 shields: I don't think that is too hard to understand with the pink bubble. I wonder how that 5th bubble reacts to hacking, since that is the hack graphic that it uses.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:21 pm

I used to think about how cool it would be to increase the level caps on systems and have 5 shields or a instant clonebay, or an instant Teleporter. But there are just too many glitches that come with this so now I would rather keep them as they are. ;) CE Infinite is already pretty easy anyway, you don't need all those extra upgrades. If you ask me you should revert the level 4 Teleporter back too because it's description is glitched.

The only system I thought should be increased is the battery to level 3, so it can be on par with the other subsystems. It doesn't cause crashes for me, but if it does for everyone else I'd be fine with letting it go back to level 2. What did you mean by "Battery caps in storms removed again?"

:idea: Here's something I propose though, and Enhanced Systems Add-On for CEi which allows all the systems to be upgraded to higher levels like before. That way people who don't mind the glitches can still use the enhanced systems. :mrgreen:

Unrelated: Do you think the Medbay has enough blue options? Do you think it already has it's advantages over the Clone Bay? Because I was thinking about adding blue options for the level 3 Medbay to all crew death events. The Medbay would have a "chance" or reviving a crew member depending on the severity of the event. So it's not as reliable as the clone bay, but still quite useful. Perhaps there could be other blue options like Engineering a Reconstructive Teleport augment from a level 3 Medbay... Anyway, just a thought.
Last edited by Russian Rockman on Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:27 pm

Im using version 1.24 and using the slug cruiser B. The internal Effector or whatever its called isn't working properly for all ships. On a rebel fighter it said it disabled one shield layer but the shield was never affected and stayed online but with most ships it usually works fine. Has this been fixed in 1.25?
slowriderxcorps

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.248/Inf 1.247/EL 1.247

Postby slowriderxcorps » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:30 pm

kartoFlane wrote:1.5 could be released now, but there's still one incomplete feature (grouping of mods in the form of a tree instead of a table).
Perhaps I'll try finish to it up if Vhati doesn't do this, though frankly I never fully understood what he wanted to do with it, when I discussed this feature with him way back...

Honestly at this point, I would just be happy with a version 1.41 which has the currently finished additions in place, as the whole tree system really doesn't seem anywhere near as critically important in terms of modding capability.
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:57 pm

I upgraded to the 1.25 version and im still getting the bug with my Internal Effector not correctly disabling the shield system. It "SAYS" it disabled one layer of shield but in actuality it doesnt. It did it twice in a row then the next ship was fine so im not sure whats causing it.