FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Ryukun4713

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.23/Inf 1.23/EL 1.23

Postby Ryukun4713 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:21 pm

I had crash while trying to jump to nearby beacon. Game froze, not responding, forcing me to shut the game down. Crash happened in Contested Deep Space sector with open space beacon. I am unable to mention more about the beacon as I didn't have scanners on my ship. I can replicate crash by going to the beacon again and avoid it by not going to it. Not sure if important, but arrival of rebel fleet no longer causes crash while jumping into the beacon.
FortunaDraken

Postby FortunaDraken » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:01 am

Russian Rockman wrote:
Sleeper Service wrote:@FortunaDraken
Concerning the Vanilla Portraits Addon: Event though I linked that in the OP I'm actually not the author of that submod. You'll have to talk with Russian Rockman about this, he made it.

Unless Sleeper added some new layers to the crew portraits (@Sleeper Did you???) then there shouldn't be any problems with the Portraits patch. I actually tried it recently and it worked just fine. I also think you are right installing the patch last. Sounds like you're having some weird problems all over the place...

I'll grab some screen-shots for you.

Mods installed in this order. Infinite has the same issue when added on.

The Kestral. The clothing on the first guy is working, but little else is. Also they are coloured blobs.

The Osprey. Notice the Mantis are fine, but nobody else is. Also the people working on other ships in the menu are fine, I just noticed, as is the Rock walking down the side while carrying something.
ahmedoo

Postby ahmedoo » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:19 pm

1. Order should be changed - first event was something like: "fend yourself, attack and escape", second is flagship (2 stages - I didn't got to the third):

http://zapodaj.net/449b32ccc4e49.bmp.html
http://zapodaj.net/aae0b863c2f47.bmp.html

2. It is not a bug but I started game with Fed B which has 2 PE Hull Rippers. Then after few sector I had 3 PE Hull Ripper and one BR Hull Ripper (which in fact is very similar to PE). Does this weapon have more prefixes or only those two? I think it could be added one or two more to this weapon for the diversity. Here's a screen:

http://zapodaj.net/886dc8961498d.bmp.html

I love the idea of the information on the beginning about flagship's weapons, drones etc. This could make every run much more unique, even with the variety of CE. It will added in next update or in very, very distant future?

Is it possible to make an addon to CE which would revert random sector names to default? I played a lot with that random names but lack of the information which type of sector is it (civilian, zoltan etc.) sometimes destroys my plans of the voyage ;) . Of course I don't mind if there were two infos together but therefore it would have to be cut somehow coz of the length.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:02 am

I was playing around with an OP ship and when I destroyed a Rebel ship at a beacon that was overrun, I found a nifty option to use my cloaking device to salvage materials. It didn't always work but I liked having that option available.

Then it got me thinking about the wide range of possibilities to help speed the running away as quickly as possible.

Ideas
A better cloaking device should have a better chance of getting rewards or at least less chance of being hit by the cruisers when salvaging. Perhaps it could also increase the chance of the fleet blowing up the disabled ship out of a hunch in the process.
Also, why can't the teleporter provide some help? I know in some events during the Last Stand, it's mentioned the crew steals a shuttle of military supplies or they grab materials they find while emptying the enemy ship but they say there's no time to salvage it.
Maybe the Hacking Module could be used to delay the fleet even further if you disable a cruiser/flagship construction.

Perhaps it could be a multiple choice - Cloaking gets you scrap, Teleporter gets you a chance to acquire new Crew (Although some might need a Medbay or Clone Bay to put them back into fighting strength), Hacking improves the delay.
And the Scrap Recovery Arm snags a few choice pieces as you move away.

I know you're supposed to run and the pitiful rewards are meant to emphasise that fact to avoid farming Rebel ships (although eventually the game gives up and after destroying a Rigger that claims to be the Flagship, you don't even get fuel. It just ends combat no rewards and you have ASBs on your tail) but now it just further encourages my strategies to not buy anything else but cloaking.
Estel

Postby Estel » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:10 am

Sleeper already answered to some of such ideas - he wanted to keep scavenging fleet an unique thing, giving it feeling of operating behind enemy lines (available since start for stealth barge, for others if they obtain cloak). If he would implement what you suggest, it would, basically, mean that almost every ship can scavenge fleet with relative ease, making it farming zone.

/Estel
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:33 am

Isn't there already a punishment in place for farming Rebel ships?
It's called Farming Rebel Ships? :lol:

I can understand with the smaller ones. Easier to destroy so maybe you shouldn't farm those, but the big ships? Can't just snag a few choice pieces of them?
I know it's to emphasise "Run away, it's not worth the hull damage to take out the ship" but I can't really see value in farming those monsters unless you've got a really good ship.
And if you've got a really good ship... you don't really need the rewards given by scavenging the wrecks. :D
Giscard

Postby Giscard » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:23 am

Hello! I am new to this forum, and I made this account just to report this glitch or whatever.

I am running FTL with the following:
SMM
Captain's Edition Textures
Captain's Edition
Infinite Addon

I have been playing on this particular 'run through' for a while, and I have 'saved and quit' and then later open the game and press continue multiple times. Except this time, I 'exit and save' and about an hour later I go on and press continue and this shows up. Nomatter what I press on this notification, the game (and the notification) quit. (Also there is no user on my computer under the name of 'Mathew')
Game glitch.png

Please respond! :(
If u want a mod from me email me.
They are not compatible with
AE btw
They are:
Maxed out your face! (This is a mod when all the starting ships are maxed, but so are the enemy ships!)
I also have a few extra ship layouts if you want!
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:08 am

Did you buy an Artillery system on a ship that normally doesn't have one? Not sure if it's the exact error but I got something similar when I did that.
Estel

Postby Estel » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:04 pm

I would recommend you to read troubleshooting section at the beginning of this this thread.
ahmedoo

Postby ahmedoo » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:51 pm

1. The order of many events with Ion barrier should be changed. I assume that should be done for every offensive augment. I think it's important especially for people who play with 1,2,3,4... . Here's an example:

http://zapodaj.net/aabc22ab20b08.bmp.html

2. The suppressive prefix says that the radius of shots is +45. I assume that is the red circle when you aim on the enemy ship. But I bought an Ion weapon which has perfect shots all the time whithout recoil:

http://zapodaj.net/2b02b96de90eb.bmp.html

3. Visual bug - square:

http://zapodaj.net/9e38e3a71dcde.bmp.html

4. I met an autoship that have drone system and was without drones or shields. it was 2-3 sector. Is it because of the outdated prefix for the ship? It was just piece of junk for farm but it could be in first sector only I think:

http://zapodaj.net/d9a009370c474.bmp.html

Could you add some mor outcomes for the socializing? Because as I'm playing the only two races that are worth to click on are: mantis (pregnancy) and engi (scrap or drones, or even the possibility of buying engimod dispersal). And one more question: what is the purpose of the zoltan event after talk when your zoltan wants to leave the ship and go to the sanctuary(?)? Could you add to this some positive outcome (upgrading something after trip of the zoltan)?