FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Biohazard063

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.216b/Inf 1.216/EL 1.216b

Postby Biohazard063 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:14 pm

Alright, the final chapter in the copyright claim saga:
Went on to ask around on the RPM forums to see what their advice would be on the matter and they told me to simply contact Routenote to see what's what.
So I went and sent an e-mail explaining the situation.
Not that long after, I got an e-mail. Not from RouteNote but from YT strangely enough saying the following:

Hi biohazard063,

Good news! routenote has just released their copyright claim on your YouTube video.

Video title: "Time for : FTL AE Ep 26 : Stealth?"

Your video's monetization settings have now been restored. View monetization settings.

- The YouTube Team

So either RouteNote didn't want to touch the whole thing and just revoked the claim, or did see that something was slightly off in their records.
Either way I'll see if I actually do get a response from RouteNote, but for now things are all cleared out, and the music add-on can still be used by LP'ers.
Hoorah ! ;)
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.217/Inf 1.217/EL 1.217

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:18 pm

Version 1.217 is up, mostly dealing with bugfix. Splettes shield graphic mod has also been integrated, I'm exited to see how that one develops in the future. Also this update is based on FTl 1.5.13, in case the official update caused any problems...

CE Update 1.217
- Classic version of Splettes Highres Shield Graphics mod integrated (Original mod here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24982 )
- Hull Repair Kit effectiveness slightly reduced
- Shading direction for Slug artillery graphic fixed
- Fire focus beam now pierces all shields to avoid confusion caused by its automatically generated description
- Some problems with the new Lanius enemy layouts fixed
- Auto Repair Ships and Rebel Repair Ships are a little less good at repairing now
- Neutral stations and ships will no longer randomly teleport people after certain neutral events (?)
- Certain empty beacons during the last stand now allow socializing and on-board engineering as well
- Federation controlled sectors have a small chance to spawn a low scale repair beacon
- Human crew-members that want to resign are now dismissed immediately, to avoid other crewmen stepping in for them

CE Infinite 1.217
- Changes of CE 1.217 imported

CE Endless Loot 1.217 for CE and CE Endless Loot 1.217 for CE Infinite
- A few prefixes added
- Changes of CE 1.217 imported
- Focused Beam Drone can no longer have the "Focused" prefix
Krazyguy75

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.216b/Inf 1.216/EL 1.216b

Postby Krazyguy75 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:54 am

Biohazard063 wrote:Alright, the final chapter in the copyright claim saga:
Went on to ask around on the RPM forums to see what their advice would be on the matter and they told me to simply contact Routenote to see what's what.
So I went and sent an e-mail explaining the situation.
Not that long after, I got an e-mail. Not from RouteNote but from YT strangely enough saying the following:

Hi biohazard063,

Good news! routenote has just released their copyright claim on your YouTube video.

Video title: "Time for : FTL AE Ep 26 : Stealth?"

Your video's monetization settings have now been restored. View monetization settings.

- The YouTube Team

So either RouteNote didn't want to touch the whole thing and just revoked the claim, or did see that something was slightly off in their records.
Either way I'll see if I actually do get a response from RouteNote, but for now things are all cleared out, and the music add-on can still be used by LP'ers.
Hoorah ! ;)

That, or they were happy because for as long as they had the copywrite claim, they got your money, regardless if they were wrong. If they did it to enough people, it could make them some serious cash.
fugu

Postby fugu » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:05 am

Some enemy sprites are getting too large even for expanded enemy view. This includes the AutoCruiser, as well as other large ships like the Mantis Minelayer.

I've also noticed that it's sometimes hard to tell whether or not an enemy weapon is powered. While you can clearly tell on most ships the status of a weapon, sometimes the way the enemy weapons depower themselves leaves their state ambiguous. Even after they retract you can still see the large part of it.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:53 pm

fugu wrote:Some enemy sprites are getting too large even for expanded enemy view. This includes the AutoCruiser, as well as other large ships like the Mantis Minelayer.

I've also noticed that it's sometimes hard to tell whether or not an enemy weapon is powered. While you can clearly tell on most ships the status of a weapon, sometimes the way the enemy weapons depower themselves leaves their state ambiguous. Even after they retract you can still see the large part of it.

I don't really think the enemy sprites are too big, especially for the expanded window. Even with the regular window you can see all the important bits and I think that's the important thing. By them not fitting in the window completely it just helps you understand the immense size of those ships more. ;)

What I have a problem with is how several ships are bigger than the actual faction stations. :? The Rock stations for example is extremely small compared to the Rock Brawler ship, and actually it's smaller than all of the Rock ships I believe... The Slug Station on the other hand is freaking humongous. The human and engi stations are just the right size I think. But all stations give you the option to "make another pass" and collect more scrap, indicating that they are supposed to be very large. I just don't really believe that when I fight Zoltan and Rock stations. :roll: I was also expecting the Lanius station to be even more "spiky" and massive, like a proper Lanius "hive" where they would hibernate for decades. I thought it would be very intimidating, but the Lanius bomber is the most intimidating now.

Another problem I have with the stations is how they lack defense from the 0 dodge chance. I know that they have more hull and crew, but I felt like they should have a lot more firepower. The new artillery weapons would be perfect for making enemy stations a legitimate threat.
Krazyguy75

Postby Krazyguy75 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:49 pm

Yeah, though, I feel like the stations are too small in general, with the possible exception of the slug one. When you think about it, a station should be big enough for other ships to dock at. Most of those stations feel tiny compared to that. And some of the stations just don't feel "station-y" enough. The lanius one looks like a lanius ship, and until I read the description, I wasn't even aware that it wasn't.
Estel

Postby Estel » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:33 pm

I treat Zoltan things as outposts, not "proper" stations. No problem with rock stations, as they're supposed to be super-dense. Hoever, I have huge problem with Mantis Minelayer, which is as big as flagship and bigger than rebel cruiser. Not to mention being bigger than Mantis stations. It seems out of place, to the point of breaking immersion.

As for auto-cruiser, I don't have problems with it, as description states that it's freakin big and dangerous. It's a little irritating that while fighting big ships (cruisers, damn minelayer and some others) you don't see it's drones and their level of charge for 90% of time - as they're out of view. But, it's a modding limitation, as karto explained, you just can't make this window any bigger, as for now.

If forced to choose between minor inconvenience about drones and losing cruisers, I choose keeping them ;) I would just fix some unreasonably big ships that shouldn't be as huge (mantis minelayer), but it is a personal prefference, I guess.

/Estel
Jopyth

Postby Jopyth » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:56 am

I am not sure if this is the right place to post it, but I found a few texts that are wrong:

It affects events_nebula.xml in the events:
TE_STORE_CLEARING_LIST_BOOSTED
TE_STORE_INDUSTRIAL_LIST_BOOSTED

And in events_rebel.xml:
TE_STORE_REBEL_LIST_BOOSTED

The text says: "You consider dealing with the trader. This might take some time.", but it should say something like "You consider dealing with the trader. Your equipment will allow you to exchange goods quickly."

I will be replacing all these texts in my own mod where stores can have cargo teleporters, that is why I found the a few originals ones which are wrong.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:01 am

Estel wrote:I treat Zoltan things as outposts, not "proper" stations. No problem with rock stations, as they're supposed to be super-dense. Hoever, I have huge problem with Mantis Minelayer, which is as big as flagship and bigger than rebel cruiser. Not to mention being bigger than Mantis stations. It seems out of place, to the point of breaking immersion.

I think the Zoltan and Rock stations should be about as big as the human stations at least.

I don't have a problem with big ships like the Rock Brawler and Mantis Minelayer. It is not unheard of in sci-fi to have certain ships that are too big to even dock at a station. The Rock Brawler seems like that sort of ship. I just think the Mantis "Minelayer" would make a better troop ship than a "Minelayer". I can see the Mantis having humongous invasion ships. ;) If that were the case then it's fine for it to be bigger than the Mantis station, which is a pretty decent size.
Estel

Postby Estel » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:38 am

I also doesn't have problems with rock brawler - the immersion-breaking with Mantis Minelayer is about the fact, that it is - usually - a very weak ship. I agree that switching roles between minelayer and troopship would work, for Mantis.

But still, if you compare Mantis Brood Station (which is and should be big) with a Minelayer, even re-purposed as broodship, the latter is still absurdly huge. It looks more mean than flagship, actually. I can imagine him being used in some super-rare Mantis Flagship quest, or even turned to some badass Mantis station (in Mantis Homeworld, perhaps?). It just doesn't feel right to bump on it inside every other minefield. Like Mantises doesn't have better things to do than building Freespace's GTVA Colossus for every three Mantis Crew-members (that are usually on it's board... Four, in very rare cases).

/Estel