http://oi58.tinypic.com/2gxoj1c.jpg

i probably messed up. any help? :?
Russian Rockman

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.216b/Inf 1.216/EL 1.216b

Postby Russian Rockman » Sat May 31, 2014 2:58 pm

cknisa wrote:my crew models look like this

http://oi58.tinypic.com/2gxoj1c.jpg

i probably messed up. any help? :?

It appears you are not using Advanced Edition? As I do not see the toggle for advanced content or the quest/victory achievement indicator or the random ship button.

You should download the newest version of FTL from wherever you bought it originally. Make sure to also delete the backups in Slipstream before installing a new mods for the new version. ;)

fugu wrote:There seems to be a graphical glitch with the artillery system for Engi ships.

I've noticed that the learning boost for humanoids seems to work pretty well. Avatars, aside from their lack of need for oxygen, have no real benefits. Why not increase their learning boost, like humanoids, but more so? It fits in CE canon and would decrease the issues with the low health of AI crew.

That glitch might be caused by CE, but I don't think so because it was working fine for me a couple versions back. There is also that strange Phase Ion glow hanging out where it shouldn't be which I can't explain either...

It is not possible to give crew any special traits, the only reason AI avatars exist at all is because they were already in the games files, but were never actually used. They were called the "ghost" race. I actually thought for some reason that the human learning boost would apply to them also since they borrow other things from humans like the sprite they use.

In my opinion the fact that AI avatars don't require oxygen is very useful, but now that the Lanius have been added into the game their usefulness in relation to them is lacking, that's true. However, AI Avatars are also very cheap to create and to buy at stores. In the Engi B they are so cheap that it is a legitimate strategy to sell them off to slavers and Rebels for weapons and bounty. ;) :lol: Perhaps it might be possible to have the AI Avatar Generator spawn an AI avatar with a random skill boost, but I don't think it is really necessary.
123nick

Postby 123nick » Sat May 31, 2014 5:36 pm

hey i have a MASSIVE bug! im not sure if it is just me, but whenever a beamdrone gets low velocity or high velocity or any velocity prefix, it doesent fire its beam when its supposed to. like it will stop and aim at the ship but it doesent fire and just flys to another part of the ship. please fix!
fugu

Postby fugu » Sat May 31, 2014 7:06 pm

123nick wrote:hey i have a MASSIVE bug! im not sure if it is just me, but whenever a beamdrone gets low velocity or high velocity or any velocity prefix, it doesent fire its beam when its supposed to. like it will stop and aim at the ship but it doesent fire and just flys to another part of the ship. please fix!

Prefixes with beam drones in general seem to be nonfunctional. I came across a focused focus beam drone, which faced the same issue.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat May 31, 2014 8:51 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:
At the request of my fellow Russian... And with the utmost respect for Lord Trilobite and Sleeper...
I HAVE CREATED A LEGITIMATE "PATCH" FOR THE CREW PORTRAITS
It will turn all portraits back to the way they were in vanilla.

What is up with the all caps? Thanks anyway, I'll link that in the OP.

Biohazard063 wrote:Hi all, a word of caution to all LP'ers using the CE music add-on.
Just got a copyright Claim on one of the songs.
E-Mail :
Video title: Time for : FTL AE Ep 26 : Stealth?
Copyrighted song: Earthrise
Claimed by: routenote
From YT:
Here are the details:
"SoLaRiS-Earthrise", sound recording administered by: 38:44
routenote
Looks like I'll be getting rid of CE music addon...

The only tracks used by SoLaRiS are these two, and as everyone can see, they are released under creative commons and are free to use. Kind of odd, as the song mentioned in the mail is not in the mod...

fugu wrote:There seems to be a graphical glitch with the artillery system for Engi ships.

Can anyone else confirm that? I'm pretty sure it is working as intended.

Jopyth wrote:I think some stores should have their own cargo teleporters (I mean they are stores after all, and want customers to trade quickly).

So I made my own mod, that does exactly that: All stores have a 50% chance of having their own cargo teleporter, which will speed up trading from time to time.

The mod thread and download link can be found here. Please give me feedback on the idea, it is the first mod I made so far.

Interesting idea. Although IMO the delay is what keeps trading from becoming a free scrap dispenser. But I still like the idea. :) Would you allow me to reverse integrate that? I'd probably decrease the probability of store cargo teleporters, maybe to something like 20%. So occasionally you could pull of a quick deal.
Maybe consider posting that as a separate topic so you can get some broader feedback. Your mod link will be lost soon in the amounts of posts here, and this is the thread for main CE anyway.
/Edit: Ah sorry, I see you already did that... 8-)

123nick wrote:hey i have a MASSIVE bug! im not sure if it is just me, but whenever a beamdrone gets low velocity or high velocity or any velocity prefix, it doesent fire its beam when its supposed to. like it will stop and aim at the ship but it doesent fire and just flys to another part of the ship. please fix!

I'm pretty sure that was fixed in the current version. I'll look into it.

fugu wrote:Prefixes with beam drones in general seem to be nonfunctional. I came across a focused focus beam drone, which faced the same issue.

Can you clarify which exact beam drone that was?
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sat May 31, 2014 10:25 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:
Russian Rockman wrote:
At the request of my fellow Russian... And with the utmost respect for Lord Trilobite and Sleeper...
I HAVE CREATED A LEGITIMATE "PATCH" FOR THE CREW PORTRAITS
It will turn all portraits back to the way they were in vanilla.

What is up with the all caps? Thanks anyway, I'll link that in the OP.

Thanks ;) , the only reason for the all caps was so people would notice it... I noticed a lot of people looking for something like this, but I didn't know if you would ever actually add it to the OP... :roll: :roll: :roll:

EDIT: I just checked the link you set up for the Vanilla Portraits Patch and it seems to lead to the Vanilla Player Ships patch instead. You may want to set up a separate MediaFire link for the patch also, but I can keep it in my Dropbox for a while.

Sleeper Service wrote:
Biohazard063 wrote:Hi all, a word of caution to all LP'ers using the CE music add-on.
Just got a copyright Claim on one of the songs.
E-Mail :
Video title: Time for : FTL AE Ep 26 : Stealth?
Copyrighted song: Earthrise
Claimed by: routenote
From YT:
Here are the details:
"SoLaRiS-Earthrise", sound recording administered by: 38:44
routenote
Looks like I'll be getting rid of CE music addon...

That is rather strange, is there a way to dispute a copyright claim like that? Because there shouldn't be anything in that add-on that infringes on any copyright... Funny, my father is an inventor and has been ripped off of hundreds of thousands of dollars by patent infringement, but no one really gives a damn. But on YouTube... They are copyright Nazis! Oh my God 23 people heard part of a copyrighted song, they're going to singlehandedly implode the economy!
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat May 31, 2014 11:51 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:EDIT: I just checked the link you set up for the Vanilla Portraits Patch and it seems to lead to the Vanilla Player Ships patch instead.

Should work now.
fugu

Postby fugu » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:14 am

This beam drone.

Jopyth

Postby Jopyth » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:39 am

I started adding my own little addons for Captain's Edition, and I seemingly can't stop. I love playing the Lanius Cruiser B from CE and removing all oxygen from my ship, that makes it feel unique, and strong against boarders and fires. The drawback is, other races can't live on the ship.

I decided to make my own little addon, that completely removes the oxygen system from the cruiser, and instead adds an AI Avatar Generator augment. This gives the right feel of a Lanius ship in my opinion.

Mod Thread: No Oxygen for Lanius Cruiser B
Krazyguy75

Postby Krazyguy75 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:43 am

I'm using a little outdated version, but I didn't notice anything about this in any of the recent patch notes. This is a swag weapon with the second hand description.