FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
FtDLulz

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.216/Inf 1.216/EL 1.216b

Postby FtDLulz » Mon May 26, 2014 2:36 am

fugu wrote:Thanks for the fix.

I've tried installing FTL EL for infinite, but SMM waits forever while installing it. I'm able to install EL for Standard CE without issues, though.

I've found a minor typo:

"exiting" should be "exciting"

You found "exiting" but not "meterials".
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon May 26, 2014 4:35 am

Sleeper Service wrote:
Russian Rockman wrote:I don't know what you are going to do for the next update Sleeper, but a couple things I'd like is if you figured out what the problem is with the Radiation events and if you added back in "encased" systems to enemies (assuming kartoflane's trick works that is).

I still have no idea what causes the crashes in these events and there is still a possibility that the internal hardcoded auto surrenders and such cause it. STALEMATE_SURRENDER will definitely trigger if you jump into radiation without fuel now and that will kind of break the whole event. Therefore I'm not too keen on even testing this, also cause the absence of these events does not bother me too much. Feel free to do some trial and error yourself though.

I definitely intend to do some testing for this eventually as I would very much like the radiation events to be added back in. I'm pretty sure STALEMATE_SURRENDER only triggers after "waiting" at a beacon? :?: So that shouldn't really be a problem upon jumping in. What happens after "waiting" in a radiation zone anyway? I think that is one of the dangers of those zones, you are completely screwed if you get stuck there... And you will turn into mutant boarders! ;)

What I will probably do is start with an event that just has your background and limits your life support. Then I will slowly add stuff back in until I find out what causes the crash.

As for encased systems, I hope you are considering adding those back too... If they work right. :)

Sleeper Service wrote:
Russian Rockman wrote:You came up with the idea for the stations job mod to use "reactor"= as a condition for leveling enemies (which was genius by the way). I was just wondering if you knew if this works for other things like "loss"/"limit" reactor? Because if that does work I think there could be some interesting events, besides ion storms, which limit your reactor.

Yeah, that could be interesting. Needs testing, no idea if it actually works... Reactor seem to behave kind of different than other systems but there is a possibility that the ion storm actually works exactly that way... <status type="divide" target="player" system="reactor" amount="2"/> That would open up some interesting possibilities, at last if reactor has a hard reset after each beacon. Combat augs could use actuall reactor power for example. Well, anything could use actual power then. "Going into production mode" with the on-board assembly line could relay mean power loss, maybe with a chance of pirates exploiting your temporary weakness and staging a surprise attack during the production cycle. Such stuff... Well, that needs testing first. Would be cool if it works.

Read your post in the R&D thread, I am really glad this worked! Since you mentioned the possibility of a pirate coming to attack you during the production cycle I would warn you... Don't push it too much. ;) I see several people raging that their augments, like the AI Avatar generator, cause bad things to happen to often. The chance should be "at least" %10, only.

Can't wait to see the new events and augments you come up with! :D a few thoughts...
  • Could the Internal Generator augment become obsolete? Maybe using a second augment (Or each augment) could just cost you extra power and that could be enough of a downside? I could actually see the possibility of using 3 combat augments now, with the power cost rising exponentially... Maybe...
  • In fact maybe combat augments could be "overcharged" or powered up with more reactor energy to make their effects more powerful or have a higher chance of working. (All of this is hell to code, I understand that... Just saying)
  • Something else that might be cool is certain combat augments "backfiring." Like the majorly OP (But hilariously fun) Radiation projector for instance... It wouldn't be right to give it a chance of having your crew leave you (Well maybe a "microscopic" chance), but perhaps sometimes when you use it it will leak radiation into your own ship... This could also be a side effect of "overcharging" augments. (Wait didn't I just warn you about making augments cause bad things to happen. How hypocritical of me. :twisted: )
  • Maybe the Battery Charger augment could be renamed and it's cost slightly increased to have the ability to protect you from events like ion storms that cause you to lose reactor power? That would make it more useful so that it has a purpose even when you don't have a Backup Battery.
  • An augment allowing you to hack a %age of the enemy's power might be very useful actually... Though I am not exactly sure how enemy's handle their power usage. It might just have the same effect each time...

Sleeper Service wrote:
Russian Rockman wrote:On that note, is it possible to reduce the level of a system using those events that upgrade your systems? Or is it not dynamic like that?

I tested this for creating a proper sabotage event with permanent power loss, but it did not work for me. Looks like negative system upgrades are not possible.

That's too bad. Would have been fun. :(

Sleeper Service wrote:
Russian Rockman wrote:I read that it is now possible to "force" blue options. Is that true? If that is the case then you could add in some 3 way crew conversations, punish people for say for example... things like piracy when playing as the fed cruiser, and even just add in some flavor texts to events that only apply when playing as a specific faction.

I meant I thought there was a different way to "force" blue options one other than single events. I just read it somewhere, I'm not sure if it is true or not. If not then disregard all that.

Sleeper Service wrote:I think you also inquired how the Zoltan Artillery can have such a thick beam, I kind of forgot about that. here is the thing: Beam thickness is actually proportional to the actual damage of the beam. Beams get wider the more damage they do, automatically, to the point the beams partly blocked by shields are thinner inside the shield bubble. That can actually be observed ingame. ;)
[/quote]
Yeah I figured that out, is that an AE thing? :)
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon May 26, 2014 12:03 pm

fugu wrote:I've tried installing FTL EL for infinite, but SMM waits forever while installing it. I'm able to install EL for Standard CE without issues, though.

I recommend you read through the troubleshooting section in the first post. I don't know what causes this, so there is no other advice I can give you.

Russian Rockman wrote:Could the Internal Generator augment become obsolete? Maybe using a second augment (Or each augment) could just cost you extra power and that could be enough of a downside? I could actually see the possibility of using 3 combat augments now, with the power cost rising exponentially... Maybe...

This is all somewhat fishy cause it could become a crash cause if you decide to run a ship that is very low on energy.... although there might be a workaround with events for this. Combat augs probably wont work in storms anymore, for the reason described in the R&D thread. Rising power cost with three augments is pretty complex to implement, as the system tags override each other and you would need a huge event tree for this to work. It could probably be done with two augments though. The generator would have to become something different that allows distributing power to multiple augments.

Russian Rockman wrote:Yeah I figured that out, is that an AE thing?

Nope, that was there before.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Mon May 26, 2014 12:49 pm

Hi there,

Found another bug (version 1.216), this one with stealth C
Was unable to enter that room for the entire game.
Boarders that TP'ed in simply stood there as you can see.
Doors opened just fine, just couldn't get anyone in (or out).
Saved and restarted the game but it was still there.

As far as mods used:
ExpandedEnemyWindow_1.1
Better Planets and Backgrounds_v1.3.1
better_asteroids
FTL Captains Edition 1.216
CE BPaB Compatibility Patch 1.0
CE Additional Music Addon 1.203
CE Vanilla Player Ships Loadouts Addon 1.214b

Also, does expanded enemy window come first or last, according to your suggested mod order, any non-ship not-CE-related mods you are using should be first, and I'm assuming this one of them and therefore is first in my current mod order.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon May 26, 2014 2:36 pm

The current version seems to have some problems running at all. I'm looking into it.

Edit: Might actually be related to my own FTL build...
Last edited by Sleeper Service on Mon May 26, 2014 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon May 26, 2014 3:01 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Combat Augs and Power

Maybe three combat augs is pushing it anyway... :roll: Unless they are defensive augments.
"Overcharging" augments is also a horrible idea in retrospect. :lol:

A single combat augment plus hacking is also completely broken. For example... Radiation projector and hacking on the enemy's medbay. :lol: Or that plus an Effector weapon... Oh God.

If you wanted to though I don't think it would actually be that difficult to implement rising power costs for using multiple combat augments.
You could just have the first one cost (-2 power),
--> Choosing to activate the second one would immediately remove another (-5 power)
---------->Choose which 2nd combat augment you want
------------------>Choose to use a third combat augment (-10 power)
-------------------------->Choose which 3rd combat augment you want
------------------>Change your mind (clear +5 power)
---------->Change your mind (clear +2 power)
Or something like that...
Of course the Internal generator is what you were using to even give the player the option of choosing another combat augment so you'd probably have to use a ton of different lists otherwise wouldn't you...

The fact that it could crash the game is also something to consider. I don't think testing how much max reactor power a player had would fix the possible crash in an ion storm either. (actually it might actually restore the player's power when I think about it which is also not desirable...)

And also there is the fact that it makes combat augments in general less practical. And why would you want to use 3 combat augments anyway? Most of them are defensive anayway so if you are having to activate that many you are probably screwed! :lol:

Perhaps it should just stick to an event thing then or something for a combat augment that lowers yours or the enemy's reactor power.

Sleeper Service wrote:
Russian Rockman wrote:Yeah I figured that out, is that an AE thing?

Nope, that was there before.

Derp...

MISC STUFF
  • Chain/Charge Effector weapon... seriously. :D
  • This is what I was talking about when I said forcing blue options...
    <choice req="hacking" lvl="1" max_group="0" hidden="true">
    See... What is "max_group"???
  • On the subject of Combat Augments... The Radiation Projector I think should also limit the enemy's medbay to 2. This is not an OP change because the enemy can still stay alive and heal a little bit with a level 2 medbay. It just wont heal them instantly like a level 3 medbay does. The only thing it would do is prevent them from doing that weird behavior where they run in and out of a level 3 medbay.
  • Have you thought about combining the Adv. Proximity Navigation and Advanced FTL Navigation augments? Into an augment that improves your computer's both long range and close range navigation? I would consider keeping this one around more. Several more options for Advanced Proximity Navigation would also be good.
  • I still think that your On-Board Clone "Lab" could still be added back into the game as a way to create crew with starting skills. And probably not for extra time (since the normal Clone Bay can clone an entire person in seconds). It should be considered an ethical controversy though, and have a possibility of making your other crew members leave, "but at least you have an obedient programmed clone to replace them," or perhaps the clone will Rebel against you sometimes... Or maybe it could just remove one of your crew and replace them with a crewmember and it wouldn't actually be a "Clone" at all, more of a "mutant." Only problem with that one is you couldn't differentiate between crew other than by species.
Last edited by Russian Rockman on Mon May 26, 2014 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mnmn1234

Postby mnmn1234 » Mon May 26, 2014 3:17 pm

So can i or can i not have CE Infinite 1.2?
mnmn1234

Postby mnmn1234 » Mon May 26, 2014 4:20 pm

I've updated to AE Got the CE But i can't get Infinite to work
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.216b/Inf 1.216/EL 1.216b

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon May 26, 2014 5:38 pm

Biohazard063 wrote:ound another bug (version 1.216), this one with stealth C

Alright, has been taken care of.

CE Update 1.216b
- Left gib for the pirate version of the slug interceptor type c fixed
- Cloak images for Lanius type C enemies fixed
- Stealth C artillery room doors fixed

Russian Rockman wrote: I'm pretty sure STALEMATE_SURRENDER only triggers after "waiting" at a beacon?

Nope, that triggers in any fight you are having with zero fuel.

Russian Rockman wrote:<choice req="hacking" lvl="1" max_group="0" hidden="true">
See... What is "max_group"???

That will display only one of the choices that require that have the same requirement. Does not have so much to do with forcing blue options.

Russian Rockman wrote:If you wanted to though I don't think it would actually be that difficult to implement rising power costs for using multiple combat augments.
You could just have the first one cost (-2 power),
--> Choosing to activate the second one would immediately remove another (-5 power)
---------->Choose which 2nd combat augment you want
------------------>Choose to use a third combat augment (-10 power)
-------------------------->Choose which 3rd combat augment you want
------------------>Change your mind (clear +5 power)
---------->Change your mind (clear +2 power)
Or something like that...

Yeah, or something like that. Its actually not that trivial. Only one system modify tag can take effect, so it would require custom event trees for each possible aug combination. These are already there for two augments, but a third one would swell the involved event trees a lot. Also each of these choices need to check your max reactor power to prevent crashes, meaning there has to be a second layer of choices between each of theses which does make the whole aug use way less streamlined. You wont be able to choose your combat aug immediately when the fight starts, instead you'll have to go through the double checks that verify your reactor each time.