FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
dalolorn

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.205b/Inf 1.205/EL 0.95

Postby dalolorn » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:54 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Are you a native English speaker then? If so then you are ridiculously smug about knowing your mother tongue so well. If not, you still appear like you are just here to rant. Maybe write me a few thousand lines of dialog in your second language, so I can go through it and call it crap. Would you enjoy this? I certainly don't when you do it. I find it pretty mean spirited and it is also not constructive at all.

*chuckles for no apparent reason*

Funnily enough, English is my second language, and I think I'd have an easier time writing in it than I would with Croatian, which is supposed to be my first ('mother', as you put it) language. Then again, I did grow up with both languages... Anyway, I agree that that post of his was rude.
rannl

Postby rannl » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:50 pm

commode7x wrote:You say that as if I didn't search through the previous thread posts on the issue. There's three pages of people talking about the issue, if you didn't bother to do the search yourself.

Sleepy, maybe you should add a footnote in bold letters on the OP: NO TROLLING!

Edit: I've always made sure never to reply to posts which annoyed me, but I've made an exception in this case.
The reply to my matter-of-fact post (which responded to a very rude post) was inaccurate and on the same rude, smart ass tone of the previous post.
The only conclusion I can think of is that this is trolling. Hence my request above.
Random Commander

Postby Random Commander » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:30 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:That is indeed one of the famous Default Placeholder Riggers. Where you playing Infinite?

Why Yes, I was. With the EL addon. Though I think it's more of an infinite problem than an EL problem.

EDIT: Woah, whole entire page while I accidentally left this going! Sorry for the derail...
rex4

Postby rex4 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:30 pm

Used the drone part manufacturer, I received missiles.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:15 am

I just found a mistake with the vanilla FTL game! There is an out of place apostrophe in the quest for the stealth ship! You can use it to figure out what Rebel ship is real and which one is the decoy!

OMFG This ruins the entire game for me. This game looks like crap. I'm never playing FTL again. Goodbye everyone!

I can't believe I wasted ALL my money on this game. I spent a whole $2.50 for it, I could have had a MilkyWay bar instead!!! I can't believe the TWO PERSON development team wouldn't catch that!!!

8-) See how ridiculous that sounds? OK, that's the end of that.
Yachto

Postby Yachto » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:58 am

EL BUG REPORT
Not sure if this is the place I should put this but here we go.
So I happened upon an Upgraded Chain Vulcan with cooldown x0.85, making the Chain Charge Cap -0.6.
bugged Vulcan.jpg

meaning that when it got to its max charge it just stopped firing.
Just thought I'd let you know, and keep up the good work. :mrgreen:
Sparky98798

Postby Sparky98798 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:20 am

I love this mod. Has anyone else got a 'Replicating Repair Bomb' before? Replicating makes it cost no missiles, so it is free hull repair anywhere, with +1 Hull every three seconds. It's even super practical to use in battle. I didn't get to fight the Flagship with it, but I suppose it would even be awesome there.

Might be overpowered, but 'Replicating' is probably super rare, anyways.
spudcosmic

Postby spudcosmic » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:34 am

I'm thinking you should change scatter lasers into "laser shotguns" with the flak targeting; just a purely cosmetic change to make them feel different from the burst lasers. If you make the AoE range tight enough so it can't miss rooms and just have the amount of shots equal to the the scatter laser level, it wouldn't make the damage any different from normal scatter lasers right? This might also make room for a mid scatter laser with three shots and two power.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:51 am

spudcosmic wrote:I'm thinking you should change scatter lasers into "laser shotguns" with the flak targeting; just a purely cosmetic change to make them feel different from the burst lasers. If you make the AoE range tight enough so it can't miss rooms and just have the amount of shots equal to the the scatter laser level, it wouldn't make the damage any different from normal scatter lasers right? This might also make room for a mid scatter laser with three shots and two power.

I know that Sleeper wants to keep scatter lasers separated from other AE type weapons. I suppose your proposal of a purely cosmetic change wouldn't be too bad, but it might take Sleeper a lot of work. Really a lot of the original CE weapons are standalone. Not many of them need the AE mechanics when you think about it.

As far as new weapons go though. I wonder though if it is possible to make a sort of AOE Effector or the Cluster Bombs actually cluster as I would really like to see that. I know the burst weapons can't actually fire bombs, but maybe they could work similarly to the neural stunner?

Some other ideas might be a "charge" cluster bomb if that is possible. A Vulcan type weapon that is instead a charge (rather than chain) weapon and can charge slowly for up to 5-6 projectiles. And a charge mine launcher.

And lastly I still think a system beam would be a good alternative since ion beams don't work right.

As far as drones go, I do not have enough experience with the new drone mechanics to come up with any ideas for those.

EDIT: did you ever get around to making Effector warnings purple? I think that would be a good change consistency wise and graphically.
spudcosmic

Postby spudcosmic » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:44 am

You know, we should take some time to all brainstorm more AE CE weapon ideas. I can't really think of anything myself right now, too late in the night for creativity, but I feel there's so much potential with the new combat mechanics in AE and that the current CE build isn't taking advantage of it as much as it could.

Edit: Nevermind, that picture of a vulcan cannon a few post up stirred a bit of creative juices: How about a vulcan focus beam? With 2 damage to give it an lethal edge over the vanilla vulcan, but 1 damage would still be pretty powerful... drain their shields and they will die a death of a thousand cuts.