FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
User avatar
Sleeper Service
Posts: 2305
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.205b/Inf 1.205/EL 0.95

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:45 am

Russian Rockman wrote:Ok I understand your argument about the Zoltan shield, but then at least you should change the description of the Zoltan. It is not really nearly impenetrable anymore. ;)


Yep makes sense. Nor sure about how system damage behaves with that. Anyone got shot by Light Anti-Crew Missile drones while commanding a Zoltan ship yet?
chuisfree
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:06 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.205b/Inf 1.205/EL 0.95

Postby chuisfree » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:53 pm

rannl wrote:Okay CF.
First of all, you might want to reinstall FTL and delete the backup files in SMM, since I'm pretty sure the SMM .dat files have been corrupted.
Next, try to install only the following mods, in the given order :

Ftl captains edition 1.205b
CE infinite addon 1.205
CE endless loot 0.95
CE Non-EL enemies addon
CE additional music addon

If you still get the same error, try it without the Non-EL enemies addon.


Thanks Rannl!

Your load order works! So, does that mean it's a problem with Better Backgrounds and Planets? I even tried it with version 1.21, but to no avail.

Here is the load order I am using now and it seems to work -- ie, it patches, I see the new menu screen and new content, and there's not immediate crash to desktop:

Expanded Enemy Window 1.0
Highres Backgrounds V1.0
Ftl captains edition 1.205b
CE infinite addon 1.205
CE endless loot 0.95
CE Non-EL enemies addon
CE additional music addon


Again, thanks a million!
rannl
Posts: 335
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:13 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.205b/Inf 1.205/EL 0.95

Postby rannl » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:03 pm

chuisfree wrote:Thanks Rannl!

No Problem CF. Enjoy the game+mod and comment! ;)
chuisfree
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:06 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.204/Inf 1.204/EL 0.93

Postby chuisfree » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:13 pm

AlfieSR wrote:
Sleeper Service wrote:Nothing forces you to take these options, ignoring piracy options when commanding non-hostile faction ships is kind of the way to go. ;)


Indeed, which is why I can understand not making the addon. I'm just a bit slow when it comes to figuring out whether something actually is or is not a piracy option, and it bothers me.


I understand the point that "piracy runs a risk and you shouldn't take the option if you are not willing to take the risk", but I think I agree with AlfieSR here. I chose one act of piracy and I got something like,

"This is an act of piracy, you better see how your crew feels about it ..."
1. Continue

Why is there no option to NOT continue? I would have liked the choice to be like, "Oh, this is in fact piracy and I don't want to be a pirate. I'll choose 'Option 2. Change your mind and let them go' " Or something. It's like, once you select a piracy option, you are locked in, even if you don't perceive that you are being a pirate right away.

Just my two cents.
User avatar
Sleeper Service
Posts: 2305
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.205b/Inf 1.205/EL 0.95

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:30 pm

chuisfree wrote:Why is there no option to NOT continue?


Mainly because I deemed it kind of obvious that attacking non-hostile civilian crafts is piracy. I considered giving the initial options a [ Piracy ] tag, but I guess your suggestion could also be an option. I'll put that in.
chuisfree
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:06 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.205b/Inf 1.205/EL 0.95

Postby chuisfree » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:37 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:
chuisfree wrote:Why is there no option to NOT continue?


Mainly because I deemed it kind of obvious that attacking non-hostile civilian crafts is piracy. I considered giving the initial options a [ Piracy ] tag, but I guess your suggestion could also be an option. I'll put that in.


I think with the sheer newness and overwhelming options this mod gives, having some way to backout of (or identify in the first place) piracy options is a good idea. I chose the piracy option because I thought maybe it would be like one of those multi-step quests where if you intimidate someone, they'll give you something better. But nope, it's just that you're about to kill innocents and you can't stop now. :lol:

Yeah, if you made a change I think that would be good.

Ps -- great job being so active, responsive, flexible, and dynamic. You'll be able to write a killer CV one day.
User avatar
Sleeper Service
Posts: 2305
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.205b/Inf 1.205/EL 0.95

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:43 pm

chuisfree wrote:I chose the piracy option because I thought maybe it would be like one of those multi-step quests where if you intimidate someone.


I see. You can kind of do this with the Requisition License by the way, CE got you covered. ;) It has a chance to make people hand over stuff for free when initiating piracy fights, but if they decide to fight it out and you ignore their surrender and kill them then the crew will still get a little disturbed. :)
lolight2
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:47 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.205b/Inf 1.205/EL 0.95

Postby lolight2 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:51 pm

Hello, im new to the forums. I created an account to ask a simple question to sleeper, Can i still unlock the normal ships with the Captains edition installed? And if soo, is there a way i can disable the custom random sector names you implemented soo i can search for the appropriate sectors which have ship unlocks?
Please try o reply quickly if you can :P
Russian Rockman
Posts: 819
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:43 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.205b/Inf 1.205/EL 0.95

Postby Russian Rockman » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:01 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:
chuisfree wrote:Why is there no option to NOT continue?


Mainly because I deemed it kind of obvious that attacking non-hostile civilian crafts is piracy. I considered giving the initial options a [ Piracy ] tag, but I guess your suggestion could also be an option. I'll put that in.



I thought this was an option already, but maybe only for certain events. Since I saw TotalBiscuit's review if the CE I started really think of how important it is to make the mod intuitive. I think you did a pretty good job of making piracy consequences clear, and I love seeing people's faces when their crew leave, but I guess thus is another good addition.

And also I really honestly truly think you should have a tip that just says "Tip: READ TIPS, THEY GIVE YOU IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!!! Even a veteran captain needs to brush up on their basics from time to time ;) "
Delphi
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:30 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.205b/Inf 1.205/EL 0.95

Postby Delphi » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:09 pm

Regarding the Zoltan shields: The best outcome would be, if they would function like the pre AE shields, and you would only be able to bypass them with light weapons, if you have a Zoltan shield bypass unit. But I guess, since there is no way to let augments interact with anything directly, that this could only be hard coded :(

It´s a shame, because this would make sense and add a new tactic.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests