Sleeper Service wrote:In general, I will not rewrite any pre-AE weapons to feature AE stuff. I want to maintain the content generation and feel like the existing weapons work well as they are. Id rather make new weapons with the new features, just like the defs did not just put the charge feature on their regular lasers. The weapons you have suggested are already in the mod by the way, as new weapons (Scatter Flak, Missile Flak).
Yea, noticed the new ones, which made me even more surprised, that the old ones remains unchanged you're the boss, boss but it doesn't feel coherent - after all, scatter lasers/swarm rockets are essentially doing exactly what "flak targeting mechanism" is doing (heck, swarm rocket even have as big impact explosion animation as flak targeting circle), hitting multiple projectiles over wide area. We just were not having proper mechanism to implement it - now, when it co-exist with "proper" scatter lasers/swarm missiles, it looks a little strange, both in gameplay and lore-wise (if they can shot such goddamn amount of missiles with sniper-like precision, why they haven't do the same for flak missiles? Heck, it's the same thing.)
Now, thinking about it, i DO see a reason for scatter laser to live (maybe under different name - multi-micro laser? ) - it consumes only one shield bubble but hit "multiple" hull surface, while flak lasers are shield-busters, able to remove 5 layers of shield at one shot (and even hit two things inside, if you're lucky). But swarm rockets alongside flak rockets looks off, IMO.
Just my random rambling above, not that it should matter much
Sleeper Service wrote:Why do you think this cool down reduction too fast?
Because - following example of 16 second dual laser, that after 3 shots reload in 7 second - it's basically a 7-seconds reload weapon for all intent and purposes, apart from first few fights in sector 1. Everywhere else, fights take *much* longer than first 3 volleys, and player can, generally, forget about the first, higher cooldown digit. And, frankly, those 7 seconds for 90% of fight IS overpowered, as hell. Played with this weapon and blowed everything way too easy.
Giving it smaller cooldown reduction over longer period of time would really make this weapon matter much in later-game, longer fights - where this more than 60% reduction of reload time after 9 volleys would help a lot (BTW, numbers are just proposition, to explain what I mean. I don't say that this actual -1 second for every shot is ideal). It would be different weapon, aimed at those long encounters. Now, it's a basic 7-second reload dual laser with fancier description.
Sleeper Service wrote:I doubt that this is possible and it is a little hard to test. Maybe someone finds out.
Just to be sure, that we're talking about same thing - I mean perfectly "normal" multi-stage quest (like the Curator one is, multi-staged), that would fit the lore, give some reward, and write about how you got a Lanius ship possessed, for Federation fleet. Again, I'm *not* talking that it should unlock Lanius ship in hangar, or give it a "Q" achievement - it would be for our lore-geeky pleasure and personal satisfaction
Now, if we not misunderstood each other, why it isn't possible, if multi-staged quests (The Curator) are already in CE?
BTW - some time ago, I've asked, if you could integrate Corpses:
...as having it being incompatible every new CE release is getting old (and it seems unmaintained anymore ). I may be wrong, but it seems to me, that it should be pretty easy for you to implement, and wouldn't cause problems/require maintaining afterwards. Any thoughts on this?
Small report supplement:
1. Systems that are effectorized by enemy before fight, block personnel from giving it manning bonuses. At least, it's the case for Weapons system - my guy was just standing there, doing nothing, and weapons lacked his 20% reduction of cooldown (check by moving him outside and inside the room). I guess it may be the same for player-used effector on enemies? No idea, if it was working as intended before AE, or no one noticed it? (Severity: Medium)
2. If you mind-control black market trader in nebula, he reveals weapon he is trying to sell, and might give you a discount (or might not). Sadly, there is no option to attack him, if his offer offended us despite that before trying mind-control, it is possible. BTW, IDK if it's implemented, but it would nice to have a very small chance, that he realizes you tried Jedi Mind Tricks on him, and becomes hostile himself (Severity: Minor)
3. There is this event in nebula, where "you see a small pirate station nearby" and "you're not sure, but they might be preparing to board you". Sadly, there is no station - only boarders beamed on ship. Considering, that we already saw the station, it would be nice to initialize attack vector, repelling boarders simultaneously (Severity: Minor)
4. This (below) outcome of conversation with Engi crew member seems to be outdated, especially, that other possible outcome of same event is information about hacking system being already spread around galaxy IDK if it's the same case for Engi talking about battery system (have seen the new one, where he stresses importance of battery system, not sure if you removed the one where he writes concept for it, and rest of crew thinks "it's crazy idea and will never work"):
1. There is this event, where you see a refueling station broadcasting good prices, dock, and are (can be?) attacked by bomb pumped to engines, giving you 3 hull damage, 3 damage to engines, and boarders to fight off. I think that this event is painful/risky enough, to have a loot prize attached to boarders (for scrapping the fake fueling station after repelling them, for example). BTW, nice usage of new even possibilities!