FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
RAD-82

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.2 / CE Infinite 1.2 (AE Compatib

Postby RAD-82 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:14 am

Qli wrote:Can C layouts be unlocked playing the mod or we need to unlock them in the vanilla version and then run the mods?

Yes, C layouts can be unlocked. You just have to use a B layout with Advanced Edition content enabled, and make it to sector 8.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
Qli

Postby Qli » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:24 am

CE changes ships loadout tough, so is there a post somewhere describing the modded starts?

(I'm trying to get Engi and Stealth C without throwing my pc from the window).
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:40 am

Hey, sleeper, this happened in the version just before AE:

I thought huge nebulae weren't going to happen. Or did I misunderstand? Anyway, this sector was my only choice.

In the previous sector I gained 2 crew, and I was a little annoyed that they were both AIs. But they turned out to be lifesavers. Being in constant danger with life support slowly failing, I jumped as soon as my little engines would let me. After the third jump I had to move an AI to pilot and the other to engineer, while the rest of the crew huddled in the medbay - or ran back and forth in it. I did manage to make it to the clear beacon on the fourth.

Unfortunately, I think not gaining any rewards in this sector set me up for a failed ending. On the way to the boss I lost my pilot to an event, so an AI took over. Then I lost one of my three Mantises while boarding, and both AIs got taken out by separate big hits. I moved my Human engineer to pilot, and my Zoltan shields officer to engineer, with two remaining Mantises for boarding. I think I made it past the first stage with the boss, but got blown up after.
Nicb1

Postby Nicb1 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:27 am

I was playing the new 1.2 version today and got to an event where I jumped into a rock fleet exercise and told that one warship was sent after me, right after clicking continue the game then crashed for me. Not sure if I didnt install the mod correctly or if this is a bug. (I was using the Lanius ship at the time)
Estel

Postby Estel » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:49 am

Sleeper Service wrote:CE 1.2
- CEs AE related contend will only appear when activating AE in the hangar, just the same as with vanilla AE content

I know it's a question "for future" as fixing compatibility glitches with AE is priority now, but I was wondering - would it be possible for Ce to (ab)use AE content switch to do something awesome? Like, there could be a script that re-packs one's FTL files in a way that even without AE-switch set to "ON" AE's content is included, and then, setting it to ON gives player 9*3 new ships to play with - without actually overwriting anything from mod manager, as switching between 2 sets of ships would be just a matter of pushing AE's switch!

This way, CE could enter new awesome step of development, adding "CE's new player ships addon", integrating and tweaking the best (non-op) custom player ships out here, all fully integrated with CE's content/special quests/etc/.

Sleeper Service wrote:- For some unknown AE related reason, Light Lasers pierce Zoltan shields now; which is actually fine with me

"Nearly impenetrable shield", eh? That blocks rockets as huge as 1/10 ship, but is penetrated by some small pesky laser, even when 5-bubbles strong? Not sure if I'm as OK with that as you, lore-wise :D Lets see how it works out in the actual game...

Sleeper Service wrote:- Internal Effector can now target Mind Control and Hacking system as well
(...)
- Internal Effector and Onboard Clone Lab removed

wut?

Sleeper Service wrote:- CEs layout related boss changes reverted for now
- The boss now uses its hard mode layout also on Normal and Easy (subject to change)
- The boss no longer calls in Artillery in phase one (subject to change)
- The boss no longer suffocates its crew and activates a backup drone system in phase three (subject to change)
- Boss Ion number of shots reduced

Sad panda :( I understand that it's subject to change, but boos was so fleshed-out and really balanced in CE, not to mention all those lore-heavy things about artillery support... Waiting eagerly for re-introduction!

Sleeper Service wrote:- Although rouge AI are a great concept, they will all go rogue now.../quote

wut 2?

Sleeper Service wrote:- Deep space elite variants for new enemies added (excluding pirates, they will fall behind in the endgame)

Any particular reason for that? Or it's subject for change, and pirates will catch up in later versions?
---

Other than that AWESOME work! I really, really like how those changes sounds, and I'm eager as hell to try them in actual game :) Huge "thank you" for all hard work you had to do 'till deadline, to make CE integrated with Ae possible since day 0. Before your first announcement re taking part in beta I suspected that it will take something like a month after AE release... Respect, huge respect!

Personally, in the awesome "Sea of changes" ;), I'm somehow unappropriated excited about integrating CEPM into CE/AE. I really liked the idea, but never used it myself - as it was changing "everything" for player or enemy, it seemed a little unnatural to me. Not, all the variations in per individual crew-member (down to, eye colors, FTW?! Upon reading about it, I was thinking if we're still talking about FTL, not some cRPG hero creator ;) ), it will really help to have a little closer bond with our team.

Cheers,
/Estel
Acceleratio

Postby Acceleratio » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:09 am

Nicb1 wrote:I was playing the new 1.2 version today and got to an event where I jumped into a rock fleet exercise and told that one warship was sent after me, right after clicking continue the game then crashed for me. Not sure if I didnt install the mod correctly or if this is a bug. (I was using the Lanius ship at the time)

Same happened to me. Also with another event in the final sector where I could use zoltan shields to distract artiellery. The game just shuts down. On reloading i got a new crewmember for some reason. Rejumpin to the same beacon made the crash come once again.
Dreadlord

Postby Dreadlord » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:06 am

Greetings, everyone! I returned to FTL and CE after a long break and saw there was a huge content update, and that the CE mod was also updated for FTL: AE.

I've tried to install everything from scratch: FTL via Steam, then CE 1.2 using the Mod Manager (which remained since the last time I played the game). I see the loading screen with the space station, however, after loading finishes, the game instantly crashes with this error. The three buttons are Russian variants of "Abort", "Retry" and "Ignore", and pressing any of them just closes the game. If I revert the game to vanilla using the Mod Manager, the same thing happens: in order to make FTL work, I have to delete the game and reinstall it from scratch.

Apparently, I did something wrong, even though I have no idea what had happened. The Mod Manager also gave me some warnings along the road, see the attachment.

What did I do and how should I install the game/mod so that they run properly together? Any help would be gladly appreciated.
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:18 am

Dreadlord wrote:Greetings, everyone! I returned to FTL and CE after a long break and saw there was a huge content update, and that the CE mod was also updated for FTL: AE.

I've tried to install everything from scratch: FTL via Steam, then CE 1.2 using the Mod Manager (which remained since the last time I played the game). I see the loading screen with the space station, however, after loading finishes, the game instantly crashes with this error. The three buttons are Russian variants of "Abort", "Retry" and "Ignore", and pressing any of them just closes the game. If I revert the game to vanilla using the Mod Manager, the same thing happens: in order to make FTL work, I have to delete the game and reinstall it from scratch.

Apparently, I did something wrong, even though I have no idea what had happened. The Mod Manager also gave me some warnings along the road, see the attachment.

What did I do and how should I install the game/mod so that they run properly together? Any help would be gladly appreciated.

Did you delete Slipstream's backups? Every time FTL is updated, you need to delete the data.dat.bak and resource.dat.bak (something like that, anyway) files in Slipstream's 'backups' folder. Otherwise, you'll try to mix the updated engine, old data files AND updated mods, which never ends well.
Dreadlord

Postby Dreadlord » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:36 am

dalolorn wrote:Did you delete Slipstream's backups? Every time FTL is updated, you need to delete the data.dat.bak and resource.dat.bak (something like that, anyway) files in Slipstream's 'backups' folder. Otherwise, you'll try to mix the updated engine, old data files AND updated mods, which never ends well.

Oh well, I wasn't aware of this, and, apparently, it actually happened. I found the backups and removed them, now FTL seems to run properly with the mod. Thank you!
Delphi

Postby Delphi » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:52 am

Hi Sleeper, the new version is really great as always. Thanks for your work!

3 Things I noticed so far:

There seems to be a problem with the effector 2 weapon (easy to test with engi B Layout). The sound effect of the hacking just never stops once used for the first time only restarting helps.

The encounter with ship, which allows you to buy special tech (chaff launcher etc.) Is broken because of the new ui. Still works but looks terrible.

One tging that you might change (if possible): Make AI Avatars immune to mind controll(like slugs). It doesnt really make sense for them to be contrallable, does it?

Thats all for now.