FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.095d

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:13 am

Yeah that was planned to be one of the special weapons added in the latest versions. Reverse Ion Bomb (far left) all done with custom projectile and explosion.
I didn't like the fact that you can extend the Zoltan shield life bar beyond the original five hits. That would be easy to abuse and it also looks horrible on the UI, so I took that out again.
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.096

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:01 am

New version. Bugfixes, mainly.

- Exit beacon in any nebula will call neutral nebula events now (stable?)
- A few barge class enemies can upgrade their signature system further than normal now
- Minimal sector for Engi AI ship removed (possible unknown crash cause?)
- Hider does no longer join your crew for fun when paying his fare
- Stray fleet event fixed
- Sensor reset from all post- and in-fight hard resets removed
Estel

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.095d

Postby Estel » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:39 am

Sleeper Service wrote:You should get the options when you hit continue. I guess this is not obvious, but if you spend your time establishing connection with the fleet than you don't get the chance to do the other stuff.Does this feel off?

Thank your super fast reply and fixes :)

It absolutely feels correct - I presumed that hitting continue = closing event window and continuing journey, like it's in most cases. It is some limitation of the event engine? Otherwise something like "Consider your other options" instead of "Continue" would be more self explanatory.

As for Zoltan A, sorry, I haven't checked the A version - I thought engineering options are attached to faction-classifying augments, got my facts corrected, thanks. I agree with Zoltan's dillema - ships is pretty powerful already, apart from diplomacy, there is immunity for 99% of artillery (I suspect boss phase 1 artillery could still work, due to being repeated), thanks to Zoltan's shield. OTOH, it would be nice to have some shield-related engineering options... Hm, it's pity, that this self negative-ionizing can't be limited to not exceed initial 5 bubbles.

Downloading latest version, can't wait to play it :D

/Estel
Delphi

Postby Delphi » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:09 am

I know you will hate me for this sleeper, but I was recently watching the movie Captains Edition 1.096 - "Return of the Testrel" :)
Estel

Postby Estel » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:23 am

Episode V: Testrel Strikes Back :roll:

// Edit

Ops, Delphi beat me to it.
Delphi

Postby Delphi » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:47 am

:D But we had the same thing in mind ;)
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:07 am

Because, if the negative-ion bomb had positive system damage, the system damage would still not get past the Zoltan shield, right?
MightyKebab

Postby MightyKebab » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:23 am

Found another one of those Zoltan enemy surrender bugs, this time it's related to an event where your way is blockaded to the store by a pirate.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =224624684

EDIT: Went into an AI sector, Inquired about special tech to a black market dealer in nebula, bought a Rock Chaff launcher but it gave me recon drone instead.

EDIT 2: Found yet another bug: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =224632726

I decided to fire upon the slug ship even after it surrendered and gave me some fuel. As a result, my level 3 sensors activated in the nebula.

EDIT 3: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =224636275

Reason with the biggest and most powerful ultra-cruiser of FTL universe, owned by the faction that is utterly hostile to the federation? gg no re
Last edited by MightyKebab on Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.096b

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:35 am

This Testrel buisness is getting tedious... Slug surrender sensor reset will be fixed next time.

1.096b
- Testrel VI: Annihilation
- Zoltan negotiation option for Slaver ship added
- Weapon trader now sells what they are supposed to
- Weapon trader special offer descriptions include hint's on what the stuff actually does
already last updates:
- Zoltan negotiation offers rebalanced
- Ship Blue Options for Federation Cruiser added
MightyKebab

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.096b

Postby MightyKebab » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:47 am

Sleeper Service wrote:This Testrel buisness is getting tedious... Slug surrender sensor reset will be fixed next time.

1.096b
- Testrel VI: Annihilation
- Zoltan negotiation option for Slaver ship added
- Weapon trader now sells what they are supposed to
- Weapon trader special offer descriptions include hint's on what the stuff actually does
already last updates:
- Zoltan negotiation offers rebalanced
- Ship Blue Options for Federation Cruiser added

I found a fourth bug, you might want to check my 3rd edit.

EDIT: Nevermind, tried to negotiate using my upgraded systems to my advantage, and in the end it just proceeded to fire upon me. I really like your idea of attempting to intimidate your opponent with your systems. Gives a bit of Mass Effect conversation aura.