FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Kartoffelr

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.094

Postby Kartoffelr » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:26 am

MightyKebab wrote:Why place a Shields Computer in middle of the room? Is it how it's meant to be or was it unintended?

I doubt this is a CE ship.
MightyKebab

Postby MightyKebab » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:15 am

Kartoffelr wrote:
MightyKebab wrote:Why place a Shields Computer in middle of the room? Is it how it's meant to be or was it unintended?

I doubt this is a CE ship.

It's a Rebel Interceptor. If you're talking about the slug-like ship I'm playing, It's called Slug Skirmisher by irons77. However, I modified it with a beam weapon and combat augment. In case that was the only ship you saw, I've uploaded a link for the screenshot so you can see the interceptor.
Kartoffelr

Postby Kartoffelr » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:22 am

These links to pictures in this "steam cloud" only lead to downloading a file called "Download"

Code: Select all

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3282298620258514878/1799D831A47047F1FEE9B776B5E2EEA8E0004A69/

if you try to open them in a new tab. If one rename them to .jpg, it is indeed a picture. Still annoying.

Now i see what you mean :D Looks like the console should be one quare further below.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:47 am

Oh well, superliminal seems to forget a lot of things when I load old projects. Have to place these stations manually again. Also the Crystal Vengeance is not working as intended...
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:11 pm

He's working on one of those fancy space-age tablet PCs.
MightyKebab

Postby MightyKebab » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:18 pm

There's also this too: Why is the weapons computer is strapped on the interceptor's door?
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:20 pm

What if you just give the Crystal Vengeance a null price? Would make sense since it's something that has to grow inside the ship, so removing ti won't make it installable somewhere else, and it would encourage more players to keep it on both the starting Crystal ships and if a Crystallite grows it.
spudcosmic

Postby spudcosmic » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:23 pm

I had a little bit of a bug, when surrendering to the event where "A zoltan takes your silence as agression" event, I got the text CE_ZOLTAN_SURRENDER_TEXT or something when I hit surrender. My guess it's a placeholder that your forgot to remove?
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.094b

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:15 pm

Quick fix for the bugs found so far.

1.094b
- Crystal Shard reworked again, did not work as intended
- Rebel Interceptor layout fixed
- Zoltan player surrender textlist fixed
- One incoherent Zoltan negotiation option removed
- Surrender betrayal default outcomes fixed
- Tips for player surrenders added
ikeelyou300

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.094b

Postby ikeelyou300 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:27 pm

I've been busy lately and haven't gotten my fix of ftl lately. I still have a few questions about the surrenders...
So Mantis and Rocks still can't betray enemies??? That makes sense because the Rock aren't evil and the Mantis have some sense of honor.
And the Slugs can still betray people with no consequence??? That makes sense, but it seems like it might be broken if you get like double rewards. Have you balanced this somehow?.. Slugs can do every dirty thing imaginable if I'm correct, including slavery, piracy, and betrayal.
Do zoltans try and negotiate surrender, before a fight?
What are the outcomes of the player surrendering? Can other people betray you? Do they always accept your surrender? Do thy maybe demand extra for acceptance sometimes?
I think those are the only questions I have...
But, would it be possible to maybe, "bribe" Rebels sometimes? It would have to be more expensive obviously, but maybe... Just an idea.
Thanks.

EDIT: Since you are changing up the Crystal ships, I forget, do the Crystal Vengeance shards pierce shields? If they don't thats why I remember them sucking. Is there a way to change what weapon is fired by Crystal vengeance? If they do pierce shields then maybe you could make a crystal ship that has NO SHIELDs, but a natural hull regeneration ability and higher Crystal vengeance chance. Perhaps turn the Hull Repair Arm into a Regenerative Crystals augment since the Hull Repair Kit is waaaay better anyway. This would make the ship more unique and would be good for something like the Carnelian which starts out with no weapons.

On a related note i find it pretty difficult to get to the Crystal Sector in vanilla and near impossible in CE. Could you maybe change the probabilities of coming across the crystal pod in the CE sectors, like make it highly probable in hazard or uncharted type sectors (or you could even change it up more, like have it be able to show up in a store, someone thinking its a relic, or from other events). Maybe even add in some options for the new events so that if you come across any remotely friendly Zoltans they can open the pod and MAYBE even make a portal possible or guaranteed in other sectors other than the Rock homeworlds (or even integrate it into the conversations somehow). :) Just because right now it is simply too unlikely to ever get to the Crystal sector in CE. I feel like the Crystal should be more integrated into the game then they are. They are very cool.
Last edited by ikeelyou300 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.