FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
User avatar
Estel
Posts: 465
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:03 am

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.092

Postby Estel » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:37 am

Sleeper Service wrote:Thanks again for all that typo tracking, I'll put that in.

I actually really liked the peacefull-options-for-Zoltan-ships idea that came up earlier. I already implemented that. :D Captains of Zoltan ships will have a chance to avoid combat with certain factions and in some situations. Further they will have the ability to negotiate better surrender offers, which really makes leaving people alive more attractive while playing Zoltan ships.


Whoa, I'm really glad you have liked it, and even more to hear, that you've implemented and improved it! Negotiating better surrender (carrot) results seems so natural and better than the approach I've proposed in initial draw, punishing for *not* accepting surrender (stick). Yay for for it!

Sleeper Service wrote: While putting this in I was looking at the whole combat augment framework again. I realized that there is also a place for global player surrenders. So in the next version the player will actually be able to surrenders when facing sentient opponents that are still prone to reason and not completely your sworn enemies. That can get you around tough fights and might be useful in certain situation. You will have to hand over supplies when you surrender, just like your enemies usually do.


Awesome, especially after talking with slugs and hearing "why won't you sssnide your pride and sssurrender when you're outgunned, enemiesss are doing it all the time..." for solid few versions, already :D I wonder, how it will work? I can guess it won't be possible to offer surrender at any given time during battle.

BTW, maybe it would be interesting to make surrender more costly, the more player ship's hull is damaged? Is it possible?

/Estel
ikeelyou300
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:46 am

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.092

Postby ikeelyou300 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:17 am

WOW, I am very interested to see how the player surrenders work, I never would have thought this was possible!! Will you be able to suggest different surrender options with different chances of acceptance?

Also I like the idea of the Zoltan's negotiating surrender. We're starting to get into RPG elements now... :D
To offset this were you saying that the Zoltan ships will refuse to engage certain ships like Zoltan ships? Because if they refuse to engage pirate ships that doesn't really make sense, but I'm sure you've got it worked out.

I would really like to see even more expansion upon the different faction ships. I would like to see as many different reasons to keep those special augments as possible!! Engi-med not dispersal should have more options with Engi ships too, (or AI ships?). It is too bad you can't just give Inate options for the different ships and it is too bad that the faction augments can not be upgraded in any way because. not all I them are the most useful later in the game. :cry: (Can you have multiple augments with the special augment abilities or is that hard coded to work with the specific augment name?)
fredhh
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:07 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.092

Postby fredhh » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:04 am

A big Thank you for adding more download site and bittorrent links, now it's much easier to get the latest version, Bravo!
User avatar
Sleeper Service
Posts: 2305
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.092

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:56 pm

Surrender will indeed only be available when combat begins. And there will be some limitations due to how the events "hidden" tag works. You will be able to offer different amounts of supplies, but wont see how much exactly you will give (necessary to hide the actual outcome, aka if surrender is accepted). Hull checks are not possible.

ikeelyou300 wrote:To offset this were you saying that the Zoltan ships will refuse to engage certain ships like Zoltan ships? Because if they refuse to engage pirate ships that doesn't really make sense, but I'm sure you've got it worked out.


The second option of zoltan ships will be to "find a peaceful resolution" when engaged with less aggressive faction. This is basically a player surrender that does not cost anything, another way to avoid combat with undesirable opponents. Of course diplomacy will not work with Pirates, Rebels and the like...

ikeelyou300 wrote:I would really like to see even more expansion upon the different faction ships.


I would like that too. Unfortunately we are already scraping at the bottom of this aspect. The hostile factions could get some more options in their own sectors I guess. IMO Engi Medbots already give a lot of options in the quarantine sectors, making the ship feel like a real medical/aid vessel for this area.
The Captain
Posts: 388
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:44 am

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.092

Postby The Captain » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:58 pm

KJ4VOV wrote:
The Captain wrote:More spelling/grammar/usage stuff:

Sector name: "Bio-Hazard* at 8.251.71" - "Biohazard."Speaking as a retired EMT, and current fire department volunteer, "bio-hazard" is perfectly acceptable in my line of work.

That may be so, but I'm of the opinion if the hyphen doesn't need to be in there, leave it out.

'Your Mantis is coughing up some acid as you approach it. "Better stand back* Captain...." ' - add comma after "back."Disagree but it's debatable. Commas should usually indicate natural pausing points in speech, and most people would not pause there. But, as I said, it's debatable these days.

Not just natural pausing points in speech, but also before or surrounding the name or title of a person directly addressed. (I will concede that a title used when directly addressing someone should be capitalized.)

Re: the new Crystal Lockdown Blast weapons - the label on the weapons for the UI was too low. "Lockdown" appeared at the bottom of the weapon box, and "II" or "I" below the box. Also I hated them. They're just too slow, which far outweighs their brief lockdown and even the high breach % of the Mk II. I'm going back to the regular Crystal weapons, which are slow but more tolerable.

And yet more...

'The Crystal ask* you to talk in private.... "I've done it** Captain, I reproduced the secret retaliation device of our war-fleet*** aboard your ship." ' - [And it still sucks. But flying the Crystal A, I had two to sell.] 1) asks; 2) comma after "it"; 3) war fleet.

'You follow the distress beacon to small asteroid belt. You find a small ship struggling to maneuver.... They message* you,** "Help! Our shields are down*** and I don't know ...." ' - 1) I think this should be "It messages," referring to the ship; 2) colon instead of comma; 3) add comma after "down."

"You spot a small Rebel ship nearby. It seems to have been re-fitted* for transport ..." - refitted.

"During the conversation, the Rockman reveals that one of the reasons for it* to leave the homeworlds is that it wasn't allowed to marry its great love. The couple was from different casts**." - 1) "it decided" sounds better to me; 2) What, "Mamma Mia!" and "Les Miserables"? ;) "castes."

"The satellite breaks apart* and you collect what remains functional." - add comma after "apart."

"During the conversation, the Rockman says it is content to serve.... judge it by its low cast*." - caste

"A quick scan after you arrive reveals high concentrations of fuel... You are about to begin extraction* when your targeting detection ** lights up. A corporate scout has staked its claim here*** and they seem...." - 1) add comma after "extraction"; 2) "target detector" is better, I think; 3) add comma after "here."

"An advanced* Rebel automated ship remains stationed** near a small Rebel space station." - 1) is this supposed to be "advance"? The ship didn't seem that advanced to me; 2) while correct, I don't like "stationed" used so close to "station"; either remove "stationed" or perhaps replace with something like "posted."

The Rockman is seriously wondering how it feels to be burned... "What do you mean by "pain",* Captain?"

- Single quote marks around 'pain,' and comma inside the last quote.

'Once you arrive at the location of the distress call* a small cargo ship hails you,** "Shiny! Glad you are not another pirate. We got ambushed by some outlaws*** and our shield power couplers...." ' - 1) add comma after "call"; 2) replace comma with colon; 3) add comma after "outlaws."
Lunar
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:47 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.092

Postby Lunar » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:59 pm

Finally beat a captains edition run: Btw, I have a feeling that the O2 turning off on round 3 is probably a thing in this mod so the ai will take over, but I don't think that aspect working too well.

http://imgur.com/a/vFJcS
Mr. Mister
Posts: 492
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:51 am

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.092

Postby Mr. Mister » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:41 pm

If that was still 1.091, then it was fixed in 1.092. If it was 1.092, then sleepyhead missed another instance of the medbay not being disabled. Too bad one guy managed to stay alive, you would have had fun with the new AI awakening trigger.

Though, come to think of it: you can always remove the medbay from the third phase's blueprints, if you think it's not worth making sure all possible events disable it.
ikeelyou300
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:46 am

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.092

Postby ikeelyou300 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:18 am

Word to the wise, when I was experimenting with Boss I found that it can only disable one system per event in the event chain. So each text box can only use one loss/divide/limit function etc... That might be what Sleepy's problem is with the 3rd stage.
Kartoffelr
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:07 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.092

Postby Kartoffelr » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:37 am

The O2 control in stage 3 is indeed a bit strange.

Yesterday i beat the boss with the zoltan B and didn't kill the crew in stage 2.
So in stage 3 the O2 system on the flagship was disabled, so basically the ship killed its own crew - except one human after the O2 in the air ran out. This poor guy alone escaped into the medbay and from then on tried to run to the shield system to repair it. Of course he had no chance, his HP got to low before even 1 bar was repaired, he ran back to the medbay, and then he tried again.

Of course i had no motivation to kill him or disable the medbay and so i avoided the whole A.I. avatar spawn stuff. :oops:

Another thing:
Does anybody know how the game calculate the crystal vengeance augment chance if you have more then one? :D :D
Yes, they all grew in the crystal crewmembers quarter.
Do i get 3 chances per hit, each with 25% Or one chance of 75% Or still 25% and wasting two augment slots?
3.jpg
MightyKebab
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:00 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.092

Postby MightyKebab » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:16 am

Kartoffelr wrote:The O2 control in stage 3 is indeed a bit strange.

Yesterday i beat the boss with the zoltan B and didn't kill the crew in stage 2.
So in stage 3 the O2 system on the flagship was disabled, so basically the ship killed its own crew - except one human after the O2 in the air ran out. This poor guy alone escaped into the medbay and from then on tried to run to the shield system to repair it. Of course he had no chance, his HP got to low before even 1 bar was repaired, he ran back to the medbay, and then he tried again.

Of course i had no motivation to kill him or disable the medbay and so i avoided the whole A.I. avatar spawn stuff. :oops:

Another thing:
Does anybody know how the game calculate the crystal vengeance augment chance if you have more then one? :D :D
Yes, they all grew in the crystal crewmembers quarter.
Do i get 3 chances per hit, each with 25% Or one chance of 75% Or still 25% and wasting two augment slots?
3.jpg



Wow, your ship must hold a serious grudge, :lol:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests