The music site that kartoFlane recommended indeed has a nice selection. I found some tracks that more or less match FTL's style. Often the artists also released remixes there, that made putting together explore and battle themes easier than I expected. But it's probably still noticeable that the stuff I choose is not part of the original soundtrack. Ben Prunties stuff is really hight in quality and coherency. It's hard to match that level with music that was not specifically created for a game and not specifically created for FTL itself.
So I'm not entirely satisfied with what I put together to add some additional for CE. That's why this part of the mod is released as another small addon
, so you can decide yourself if you want the new music.
The CE Additional Music Addon contains five new music themes, each complete with explore and battle variant. They will play in most of the new sector types added by CE. Some feature quite organic transitions between the situational tracks, others make the transition a little abrupt. The civilian tracks match FTL style quite well IMO, but the stuff for the more dangerous sectors is a little dark and sometimes to fast. Well, its up to you if you want to use it. The addon has to be loaded after CE in order to work.
The main mod has also been updated to fix all this small bugs that where discovered lately. I also got around adding the ice field hazard and reworked AP weapons a little.
- HE: One custom nebula type hazard for Engi sectors added
- BA: One weapon added
- Burst firing light lasers now pierce two layers of shields
- Light scatter lasers cooldown decreased
- Fire Focus Beam reworked
- Heavy Scatter MK II does the correct amount of damage now
- Simurgh missiles rarity slightly decreased
- Some zero power systems in various ships blueprints fixed
- Systems disrupted by enemy combat augments should now come online again after the fight
- Rock Cargo Ship is no longer crewed by boring humans
CE Additional Music Addon 1.0 released
- Some creative commons music for most of the new sectors added, all tracks include explore and battle variants
- Custom title screen added
A Flaming Pineapple wrote:Are there any weapons/augments/drones etc. that one should grab if they have the chance? I like all the new stuff that CE adds, but I feel that a lot of the weapons aren't very good or useful. Scatter laser is cool, but why not just go with a normal laser that can damage systems as well?
CEs weapons come in all tiers. Not every weapon is designed to be "as good" as certain other other existing weapons. One could also ask why not use a Glaive Beam instead of a Pike Beam? Usually the answer would be: cause not always both are available. IMO, FTL is about making best use of what you get. Usefulness is relative and situational and also depends on the players ability to adopt. And discovering how to make good use of what you get is part of the fun.