FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
ikeelyou300

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.084

Postby ikeelyou300 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:08 am

Well that is really weird... So based on what I said in my previous post about artillery i tried to do the same thing for the 2nd sector. It didn't seem to work the same way. it still works exactly like I said in the 1st sector, but not the second. i tried multiple configurations.
Art 1: Pow 6 1:7 1:6
2:6 2:7 2:6
3:6 3:7 3:6
4:0 4:3 4:3
5:3 5:4 5:6
And I tried using "loss"=3 & 6 for all of these and every single time. The 4th artillery would always be powered. Although one time I got it to still show only 3 artillery. The other 2 didn't even appear in the UI as powered down they just werent there and I was actually trying to keep the 5th one up. I don't know why this is... hmm... Still glad it works in the 1st sector though so that way its possible to hack the targeting with loss=3.
rex4

Postby rex4 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:22 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:I actually tested this a while ago. Turned out forcing blue options this way is not possible. If an event just has blue options, than it will not be displayed. If the event also has a white option, then it will appear alongside, which allows the player to get around the intended outcome.

At worst you could do like for trade system: "[not selecting this option is cheating, hiding the other option is impossible because of moding limits]".
Knightmarez

Postby Knightmarez » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:24 pm

AN IDEA FOR THE END BOSS.

What if i made you guys a new ship model that looked like it was made by fusing together various races into one ship...and then given a rebel paintjob.

We could then increase the difficulty of the end boss by giving it various augments.

First stage
Automated reloader
Rock hull
Stealth Weapons

2nd stage
Engi Medibay
Slug Gel

3rd stage
Zoltan Shield
Mantis Pheromones

I could make it so that the 'rock hull' looking parts get shot first.
Then the Engi/Slug section blows off

Then you are left with a fast ship with zoltan shields, and as power is directed to the teleporter they all become faster.

I'm just throwing the idea out there. We could make a 'new' boss that is some sort of hideous monstrosity.
A Frankenstein monster, Shall i build the ship hull for this idea?
Last edited by Knightmarez on Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmarez

Postby Knightmarez » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:29 pm

If the event also has a white option, then it will appear alongside, which allows the player to get around the intended outcome.

Dude that might be not true......Make it so the event LOOPS?

Choice A
Choice B

If you choose A you get ....

Choice A
Choice B

....if you choose A a 2nd time,

Choice A
Choice B

And it loops for-ever. I mean that doesn't crash the game or cause a bug righT?

If not you would be 'forcing' people to choose a blue option. Just make sure that a blue option is available. otherwise the player will be stuck in a loop forever.

CONFIRMED CAUSES CRASH

ahh well worth a try.
Last edited by Knightmarez on Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:51 pm

Knighty, that sounds like a bad idea, since I believe events are self-contained and must be written down as trees, not links.
jep

Postby jep » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:34 pm

AFAIK, the game crashes when it reads in the events file and finds a loop.
Knightmarez

Postby Knightmarez » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:45 pm

Aaaaaaaaaahhhh...but not if you just make it have a tree branch like 100 clicks long.

you could make it 'loop' 100 times, almost no-one will click that many times, so you could Trick the person into think it was a loop, when infact it was a very thin strong branch that EVENTUALLY ends....but who is going to click it like 100 times right?

If you phrase it right

'' you think about it, then decide.... ''
2 To pick the blue option

or something like that, you could totally trick them into think it *was* a loop.

No idea what specific script event would want you to ALWAYS pick a blue option though....there must be something :) Glad i found a work-around.
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:09 pm

Re: Engi chat results

"The Engi crew member tries to explain to which extend* it is able to have individual feelings." - *the extent to which

"The Engi crew member suggests to equip* the ship with several advanced drones. It claiming** that these...." - 1)equipping; 2)It is claiming
ikeelyou300

Postby ikeelyou300 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:19 pm

Although, it would be cool to have conversations between 3 crew members, but I don't think it worth it to break the immersion of the game by forcing people to do something.

About the frankenstien monster rebel flagship. That is a cool idea, but I don't think it would be right for the Captain's edition. Maybe it's own mod. Mainly because the rebels just don't use technology from any race other than humans, except for their cheaty zoltan shield.
Knightmarez

Postby Knightmarez » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:20 am

and the ion cannon from the engi, the missile from the rock.......
We are enchancing everything, why hold back on enchancing the end-boss. Got a bit too easy don't ya think?