FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
ikeelyou300

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.084

Postby ikeelyou300 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:07 am

Another way the systems can get damaged if they are hit by a solar flare, but there are no ships in CE that have invincible rooms that appear near solar flares. I just thought that was interesting to note.

But what other ships besides the Zoltan station have impenetrable systems? There should be a few more ships with this systems.
MightyKebab

Postby MightyKebab » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:24 am

ikeelyou300 wrote:Another way the systems can get damaged if they are hit by a solar flare, but there are no ships in CE that have invincible rooms that appear near solar flares. I just thought that was interesting to note.

But what other ships besides the Zoltan station have impenetrable systems? There should be a few more ships with this systems.

There are. I encountered a Rock Ironclad with encased doors system yesterday. To my luck, my Slug Skirmisher (Had it modified heavily myself) was focused on burning ships and killing crew. Took me some time to defeat the tough bastard. These are rare mini-boss like enemies though.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:01 pm

On the later sectors, if the fleet catches up to you, you might behold the sight of supra cruisers with encased weapons. Those are the very worst.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:50 pm

Double-posting because what I'm gonna say is quite more relevant than before.

Wow, enemies with combat augments on the first sector are no joke uh, having even a single bar in weapons restricted can be very problematic dependin on the ship. On that note, how many bars do they take away from you on subsistems? I was thinking maybe you should make them hack two bars on doors and oxygen (and helm?) when they target them, so there is an event-specific reason to have them upgraded to lv3 (I recall all their blue options are avaliable at lv2 already).

What happens exactly if you use a drone set with a bomb-type weapon? Does it crash the game, does it act as a laser, or does it do nothin'? Because if it simply does nothin', I can think of a few uses for dummy drones.

Oh, and you should edit the text from the vanilla mantis camp quest event (whose defense ship BTW had two shield layers when I found it on my third jump, challange accepted) so that it mentions the PDS presence too.
Knightmarez

Postby Knightmarez » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:01 pm

ok i 'fixed' my earlier problem with the CE weapons not turning up, turned out the my download was glitched and the file wasn't properly installed and downloaded, a re-download and everything is working fine.

Just lost a play-though due to hazzard zone radiation killing all my crew but one rock member on 5 health, who then took a basic laser to the face.

GG, great addition, loved it! fantastic.
DragonMaster2962

Postby DragonMaster2962 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:25 pm

i wish there was a way to only have the parts you want *sigh*
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:33 pm

More spelling/grammar.

'As the thing explodes* it sends a last message: "I don't blame you.".**' - 1) add comma after "explodes"; 2) remove extra period after closing quotation mark.

'Your ship is hailed: "You have been identified ... in range of this units* weapon clusters." - "unit's"

'The Engi crew member claims it once survived being shot at with a scrap firing* flak gun. If your wouldn't** know better, you'd sy the robotic crewman is actually proud of the feat.' - 1)"scrap-firing"; 2) "you didn't"

'An advance Rebel automated ship remains stationed near a small Rebel space-station*.' - replace hyphen with space.

I started a game with 1.084 - got to third sector, no crash so far. /crosses fingers
I'll try and keep track of sector names in case I do crash.
KJ4VOV

Postby KJ4VOV » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:16 pm

Just got to a sector with a station that was supposed to repair damage for free because the zone is being evacuated. It didn't and I had to pay instead.
Due to the rising cost of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.
ikeelyou300

Postby ikeelyou300 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:09 pm

Mr. Mister wrote:What happens exactly if you use a drone set with a bomb-type weapon? Does it crash the game, does it act as a laser, or does it do nothin'? Because if it simply does nothin', I can think of a few uses for dummy drones.

I brought this up a while ago when I thought it would get the final boss to be able to use artillery. When I tried it myself the drones do something very very strange. They fire the bomb and you see the animation for the bomb detonating and exploding in the room it was fired at, but then it does no damage and the animation repeats again and again and again. Even after the other bomb is fired till just have two bombs stuck in an infinite loop and so on. I can't possibly think of any use for dummy drones now unless someone knows how to fix that little problem.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:37 am

Uhm... maybe to obscure the view, like sensor-jamming, similarly to the squids in Mario Kart?