FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
User avatar
Estel
Posts: 465
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:03 am

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.084

Postby Estel » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:30 pm

Kartoffelr wrote:Another thing:
The encased systems actually can get damaged with the advanced ion weapons. And the enemy crew can't repair them. Is that intentionally?


That's actually very interesting, could you elaborate more on how that happened? I.E how the hell advanced ion weapon even targeted encased system to damage it?

Tchijf wrote: The last time i played, i was attacked by an Auto-Terminator (sector 2) and i had to fight vs. 3 Drones with missiles?! WTF? :D (tried in normal AND in easy)


If I correctly access my memory ( ;) ) auto-terminator is the modified ship you meet alongside bounty-hunter special event. If it is the case, then he is supposed to be hell. Trust me, he was already nerfed - in his first incarnation, he was flying Nemesis, and manifestation of Doom itself ;) Flagship was a piece of cake compared to this little devil.

Now, he is just "more-than-average" strong, especially, if you're unlucky enough to meet him early in game. BTW, I just *love* this event.

/Estel
subprogram32
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:16 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.084

Postby subprogram32 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:52 pm

After some testing, I found that BPAB works fine as the only mod, and CE + smaller mods work okay, but the combo of the two big ones seem to cause the freeze on menu. I don't really know what to do at this point, but I hope I don't miss out on anything feature-based without BPAB. Thanks for the advice in any case!
blipadouzi
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:00 am

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.084

Postby blipadouzi » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:05 pm

subprogram32 wrote:After some testing, I found that BPAB works fine as the only mod, and CE + smaller mods work okay, but the combo of the two big ones seem to cause the freeze on menu. I don't really know what to do at this point, but I hope I don't miss out on anything feature-based without BPAB. Thanks for the advice in any case!


The absolutely only thing BPAP adds is better backgrounds. So you'll have to use the default splash screens when you visit worlds, that's all. As far as functionality, weapons, events... It adds nothing.
subprogram32
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:16 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.084

Postby subprogram32 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:11 pm

blipadouzi wrote:
subprogram32 wrote:After some testing, I found that BPAB works fine as the only mod, and CE + smaller mods work okay, but the combo of the two big ones seem to cause the freeze on menu. I don't really know what to do at this point, but I hope I don't miss out on anything feature-based without BPAB. Thanks for the advice in any case!


The absolutely only thing BPAP adds is better backgrounds. So you'll have to use the default splash screens when you visit worlds, that's all. As far as functionality, weapons, events... It adds nothing.


Ah awesome! I will just have to use my imagination. XD Thanks again!
User avatar
Sleeper Service
Posts: 2305
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.084

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:43 pm

Kartoffelr wrote:Another thing:
The encased systems actually can get damaged with the advanced ion weapons. And the enemy crew can't repair them. Is that intentionally?


True, I didn't think about that possibility. Was not intended, but I guess it provides a nice perk for the heavy ion weapon line.
User avatar
Estel
Posts: 465
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:03 am

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.084

Postby Estel » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:04 pm

I just got blown to bits during rather strange situation. I was fighting with spotter drone @ rebel fleet - I planned to hinder its weapons, and run from artillery fire ASAP. I had engines 5, so my FTL was charging quite quickly. At some point during battle, my engine got damaged by 2 (normal damage, not ION), so I had 3 bars left.

Now, about the strange thing - despite having functional and manned pilot controls, and powered (to 3 bars) engine, I wasn't able to jump out - they FTL button looked like charged, but gray. There was |*no* mention about "no pilot" or off-line engines (as that wasn't the case), nor changing indicator. I was just, well, unavailable for clicking, just like "ship" button during any battle.

Now, I can't tell for sure due to heated battle, but I think that FTL got charged to full *before* engine got damaged (might be wrong about that) Nevertheless, I never saw engine stopping to charge due to being damaged (as opposed to fully damaged/destroyed), and if my memory serves me well, damaged but operative engine never hindered possibility to jump into FTL. Anything changed about it, recently?

/Estel
The Captain
Posts: 388
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:44 am

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.084

Postby The Captain » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:14 pm

Was your piloting or engines ionized? Or maybe the enemy had an FTL Jammer?
User avatar
CrashSanders
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.084

Postby CrashSanders » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:27 pm

Umm, Sleeper... Do you know that you are missing about 3/4 of your OP?
Image
User avatar
Sleeper Service
Posts: 2305
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.084

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:41 pm

Not sure what happened there. PMed Ultramantis about that...

@ Estel: Sounds a lot like you went out of fuel with that jump.
Last edited by Sleeper Service on Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PaladinGreco
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:56 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.084

Postby PaladinGreco » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:44 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Don't forget that CE is designed to be harsher.


Really? That's news to me. So you've finally abandoned the idea of keeping the curve as close to vanilla as possible. That's unfortunate. =/

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests