FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
ikeelyou300

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.081

Postby ikeelyou300 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:47 am

Sleeper, I've been experimenting with the boss and I've found that it can use drones on the 1st and last stages. (I moved the drone room to the weapons room and sensors to the drone room) I don't know what went wrong with your Rebel Fleet Artillery targeting for the final boss, but is it possible to give it an invisible and very slow firing drone that targets the player ship for the fleet artillery? Instead of a standard weapon. I realize there are several problems there, but it might be a possible workaround.

I tried this myself, but the Artillery "Bomb" never detonates. Then I tried it with a standard bomb and same thing. It just repeats the animation over and over. Is it possible to make drones use bomb? i hope so... i'd really like to see this work.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:52 am

Drones can't have bomb weapons at the moment (thats why CE features this light missile drones). Also I though the drone system will be shut down automatically in the 1st and last stage. Did you witness the boss actually using drones in this phases? Could be interesting...

The whole concept of the artillery is depending on a usable weapon system never the less... Dummy drones can't do that stuff for various reasons.
ikeelyou300

Postby ikeelyou300 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:24 pm

Yes I gave the boss drones inthe first and third stages and it is able to use up to four just like normal. The only thing that didn't work is when I made a "bomb drone." It sucks that you can't have a drone do he artillery I was hoping that would work... But anyway yeah I have been tweaking with the boss a lot. I'm a big fan of the few tweaks you've made and attempted with the boss, especially ones that diversify it.

I guess it's possible to just have an invisible drone shoot artillery at the player ship as if from the rebel fleet without warning, like on the clip for the Advanced Edition. But obviously that's not really the traditional way artillery works for the CE. Guess I'm all out of ideas then.
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:08 pm

Well if you rework the art to a laser it works with a invisible drone.
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?
ikeelyou300

Postby ikeelyou300 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:22 pm

Metzelmax wrote:Well if you rework the art to a laser it works with a invisible drone.

I was thinking more of a missile, but that wouldn't be the same because it would have to travel to the ship (I think) Unlike a bomb which immediately teleports into the room it's targeting. But yeah you could just make a big ass missile hit the ship like it was being hit by a closer rebel ship. And maybe after the impact it could say something like the "suppressive fire" when lasers hit shields sometimes. Thanks a lot computer...

By the way... Does anyone know how to change the amount and or type of crew that appears on the rebel flagship?
Supposedly it can be done.
ikeelyou300

Postby ikeelyou300 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:29 pm

I just found out you can designate events as unique inside event lists. This is probably old news right?

The only problem is if the eventList gets called more times than the amount of events in the list it will crash the game unless at least one of the events is not unique. So for example if you have 3 events in an event list that are all unique and the eventList gets called 4 times the game will crash, but if you have 2 unique ones and a normal one it's fine.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:03 pm

ikeelyou300 wrote: Metzelmax wrote:Well if you rework the art to a laser it works with a invisible drone.
I was thinking more of a missile, but that wouldn't be the same because it would have to travel to the ship (I think) Unlike a bomb which immediately teleports into the room it's targeting. But yeah you could just make a big ass missile hit the ship like it was being hit by a closer rebel ship.

Anything fired by invisible drones will just appear out of thin air around your ship. This whole concept was kind of cancelled because of that.
Delphi

Postby Delphi » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:05 pm

Thanks for working on updates even on your holidays :) I´m currently playing 1.081 and I have a crash to report. It happened with the slug cruiser on my jump to sector 2 (red sector, freedoms end). I don´t know if this crash is repeatable, but perhaps you have a way to check this.

Thanks again for your great work :)
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:10 pm

Some spelling & usage notes, crash note then Sector Scanners question at the bottom.

"The Rebel ships have taken defensive positions far away from the beacon. ... It acquired your ship and transmits you* position..." - should be "your."

Same event: "Soon their long range point defense artillery ..." - "long range point defense" strikes me as an odd. I don't think a point defense system would have long range, because something with long range would have more uses than just point defense - like offensive uses.

"The auto ship* activates its self-destruction** sequence." *I would use "autoship," but that's my opinion. **"self-destruct"

"Surprisingly, the Engi actually has hobbies. It constructed a perfectly usable drone template in it's* free time ..." - possessive "its."

In 1.081 I had a crash going to sector (I think) Free System of S-(somebody).

When you first arrive in a sector, is using your Sector Scanners supposed to be an option? Because I had options to talk to the crew, but not the scanner. This was in the second sector (I used it at the start of the game; crashed going to third sector).
Kartoffelr

Postby Kartoffelr » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:40 pm

The new "Man of War" slug ship is a pain against auto-scouts and auto-satellites. You have one 2-shot gun that damage hull, not system and nothing more. Considering how many auto-scouts/satellites you meet, i would like to see something changed here, All of them deal massive damage and often just decide to go suicide, you can't do anything against that. it is no fun with this ship, at least in the first 2 sectors.

Some bug:
In some of the Tips at the game start there is a glitch where some letters? symbols? in the last sentence are changing at extreme speed. Like, 10 times per second. I marked it here: