FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.071

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:24 pm

Ah right, misread that. Unfortunately the graphic can only be changed globally, so you actual suggestion is also not possible. :( If it would be, it would have been done. :|

The engines of that craft should be disabled, but there seems to be some automatic reset going on when the event ends without combat. Similar things happen to the players engines and oxygen system, in other events...

Rebel sector scanning options seem to be ok though. Maybe post the name of the sector to determine where exactly that happened.
MightyKebab

Postby MightyKebab » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:11 pm

I've just registered to report a huge problem I've been having.

When the fleet artillery was first introduced, i immediately went on to check it out. When I arrived into a fleet-spotter event, the only thing in the background was the same one from the previous beacon, added on with a fleet background. As I engaged the battle I noticed that everything was glowing pink-black, and moving my mouse left traces of itself wherever I went. It was basically a missing background.

After the second update to this, knowing the fleet background was removed I went back again. Instead I was given an error message and a crash. I looked into the net for any solution, and I found out that removing prof.sav would help, as the file may be corrupted. I did exaclty that, not before using the profile editor to create a fresh new one. Now, it's the same missing background stuff. I experience this on planet and fleet artillery, and it may persist on minefield and nebula custom backgrounds. I renamed my CE file to .zip, looked into it. Everything was in place and in it's proper folder.

Sleeper Service, please attend to this matter whenever you have time. If you'd like screenshots, I'll do my best to get you some.

EDIT: I also have better planets and backgrounds v1.3 installed. I wonder if that makes it a problem.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:16 pm

Sounds like a common problem with the mod load order. If your use Better Planets and Backgrounds with CE it has to be loaded before CE, else this glitch occurs. That is mentioned in the OP, but It might be useful to put a load order template there to further clarify things.
MightyKebab

Postby MightyKebab » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:24 pm

I also crashed upon arrival to the sector "Kapzllk's *hiveorterritoryidontremember*, is this supposed to be a part of it? It only happened once.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:32 pm

Uh not really. Did anyone else experience crashes more recently? Also has anyone encountered the Mantis Minefield and PDS event? If these events might be the most likely crash cause, but I thought they work as intended.
MightyKebab

Postby MightyKebab » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:18 pm

I'm getting the crash again, it's message is: "This application has attempted to terminate runtime in an unusual way" or something similiar. I've done as asked, installing better planets and backgrounds 1.3 before CE in the modorder. I've also been tweaking around a few data.dat friendly ships, that doesn't have data-changing weapons that would conflict with FTL Homeworld addon like Ion dual lasers. I've only changed their hull value and added an augment to one. Though I believe this is mostly related to the background.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:22 pm

One thing: I had the "Knogsock" or whatever his greasiness' name is hiring event in an industrial sector. Everything fine, except for one thing: while the background is that of a (normal and animated) nebula, the beacon itself doesn't have the nebula-characteristic blue outline, and therefore it doesn't slow down the fleet either.

Could you explain more detailledly how the sector nebula zone texture works? I'm not sure what you mean by "globally".

EDIT: Found a quest bug on a video of (probably) 1.069. Not sure if you ever fixed it (13:33): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2csVwONZ4U
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:43 pm

Mr. Mister wrote:One thing: I had the "Knogsock" or whatever his greasiness' name is hiring event in an industrial sector. Everything fine, except for one thing: while the background is that of a (normal and animated) nebula, the beacon itself doesn't have the nebula-characteristic blue outline, and therefore it doesn't slow down the fleet either.

This might be vanilla related, but I'll look into it... Also see below on how this is possible.

Mr. Mister wrote:Could you explain more detailledly how the sector nebula zone texture works? I'm not sure what you mean by "globally".

Nebula beacons on the map and actual beacons with real nebula on them are separate thing.

Beacons get their nebula texture on the map and their hardcoded nebula fleet delay if their events are placed within any eventlist that is named starting with NEBULA_. The appearance of this texture can only be changed for the entire game. Different nebula textures for certain sectors or events are not possible.

Beacons get an actual vanilla like nebula if their event contains the "nebula" hazard.

Therefore it is possible to create beacons that appear as nebula on the map and delay the fleet but feature various other things other than actual nebula in their event (and the other way around, like in the Slognock event). Technically you could have nebula entirely composed of sun events or whatever events that contain no hazard at all, but still delay the fleet and appear as nebula on the map.
CE now makes use of this to create fake nebula, by adding custom static nebula backgrounds and using events to simulate their unique hazards.

Mr. Mister wrote:EDIT: Found a quest bug on a video of (probably) 1.069. Not sure if you ever fixed it (13:33): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2csVwONZ4U

I'm pretty sure that was fixed a while ago... Ginger is not using the current version.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:19 pm

Ah, I see, so the grey nebulae zone texture in your pic is jut th resyult of replacing the vanilla texture: you can't add new zone textures for differen stuff nd use thm longside the vanilla nebulae zone texture.

BTW: the mid-fight ion storm can really be a game chbger by interrupting aweapon's charge. Really cool, though I'll try to disable CE when I go for Tactical Approach. Or does the sector map hazard data also have a dependency on vent values similar to the nebula stuff?

EDIT: Typing in a phone hurts mu grammar senses.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:45 pm

No idea. I guess the only way to be really safe is to stay away as far as possible from any nebula when trying to get that achievement.