FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.29/Inf 1.28/EL 1.286

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:19 pm

DatNoob48 wrote:I was wondering if I would be able to use your hull designs as some of the enemy designs changing their layout and setup.
So yeah, as meklozz has pointed out, the mods content is free to use for everyone. You can check back with the original creators of certain assets, but I assume they are usually aware of CE content policy and it might at times difficult identifying the exact original author of a certain ship.

I played again with your newly updated music addon and noticed something different. Again, industrial sector, after jump visited few sectors, music is ok (fights and neutral music), but then after I think 4th, 5th maybe 6th jump silence. Nothing beside sounds of my crew or engines after jumps. That's all what can I say for now to help u find the source of the problem. I think it's not connected to the last update and could be present before, coz I really often tune down music of ftl and listened to music played on the background app.
Ok if some else has similar problems please let me know.
ahmedoo

Postby ahmedoo » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:15 pm

Some minor things from my last run:
1.U can check one of the minelauncher if it has good aiming because in example below i marked a weapon and where it hit over my ship. I'm not 100% coz its lasted very short amount of time but i think its moved from the center (some prefix?).

https://zapodaj.net/3dbea109b315f.png.html

2.And one thing: Can u move weapon gibs to the left in ships like that one below?. It would look more proffessional if the weapons were centered in that holes :)

https://zapodaj.net/fb0e6048e3a43.png.html
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:52 pm

ahmedoo wrote:2.And one thing: Can u move weapon gibs to the left in ships like that one below?. It would look more proffessional if the weapons were centered in that holes :)

I never liked those Rebel ships of that type. They're clearly designed for Flagship type guns but never have them and giving them any other weapon makes them look bad.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:33 am

ahmedoo wrote:Some minor things from my last run:
2.And one thing: Can u move weapon gibs to the left in ships like that one below?. It would look more proffessional if the weapons were centered in that holes :)

https://zapodaj.net/fb0e6048e3a43.png.html

It'll be impossible as large weapons would not be centred across all weapons, naturally small thin/ narrow weapons will be off to the left and big ones of to the right...

however since things things only weapons are "Flagship artillery" i wounder why sleaper didn't make weapons exclusively for it?... I mean he already has virtually any kind of "arty" weapon art out there, ranging from ion stun bursts to mini hull missiles. It is not that hard converting them into regular functioning weapons I think. Have different power levels and stats and before you know it boom. You got yourself weapons that fit perfectly on this thing!... but out of curiosity: how does a ship with 1-3 weapons behave as an enemy if that's possible? I saw no enemy ships yet with a limit in WT made...
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:07 am

DatNoob48 wrote:Hey Sleeper Service,
I was going to make some mods just kinda changing some stuff up in CE.
I think of CE is one of the best mods on the forum and the ship diversity really helps.
Problem being that I have no artistic talent whatsoever. I was wondering if I would be able to use your hull designs as some of the enemy designs changing their layout and setup.
Just remember that this mod may never happen but either way I would mention you for the ship hull designs.
Again, this may never really happen but I thought it would be important to gain permission before just going and using your hulls. That's kinda stealing.
Thanks.

well I do say I have quite a lot of artistic talent and borderline coding.
If there is anything in specific you want you can give me a hit.

I should also say that Sleepers copyrights notice only applies to his work here... so making it obvious here that all hulls I've made here are free to be used as well.

Federation Light Artillery
Federation Defender
Mantis Minelayer
All Vintage Rebels, type A, B (rebel standard paint), Pirate A, B.
Some Type B and C's for Engi...
I think I did some type B's and C's for some Zoltans but I can't remember which one specifically...

I am also doing hulls for some up coming ships, Vintage rebel Cruiser, Slug interceptor (name place holder), etc... want pics for them?
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:30 am

Question: when browsing the augmentations with Superliminality, I couldn't find the Adaptive Gel Suit.
Any idea why?

Finally, two more text errors
Image (nothing wrong in chatting inside a space minefield!)
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:29 am

Hey sleeper I just wanted to know for the unlock quest for the rock cruiser is if it is possible to remove the teleporter of the Rock Assault you have to fight at the sun beacon?

Because one of the events that made me a little bitter (I started a brand new save for CE only) was that he had a teleporter and kept teleporting onto my ship with 2 rockman, and due to this they were always understaffed on their ship in this battle. I didn't even fire my weapons at him the entire time and had good evade, cloak, and shields to tank his lasers out but the fires from the solar flares disabled him and soon the fires spread wildly... his O2 failed and everyone died aboard his ship...
I just feel that maybe removing the teleporter as a possible system for that ship could make him more fire resistant or maybe give him the augment to put out fires himself as a safety measure... of course, this is assuming you want the RNG of FTL to accidently kill the rock ship in that case alrighty then...

EDIT: and at the last stand there's a typo, for when you use the fed vindicator beam blue option to give some artillery support (blue option) one sentence is "Spotter ships are send out and start to mark targets for your beam strikes.", send is incorrect, in this sentence it would be sent.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:40 am

R4V3-0N wrote:Hey sleeper I just wanted to know for the unlock quest for the rock cruiser is if it is possible to remove the teleporter of the Rock Assault you have to fight at the sun beacon?
I try not to mingle too much with existing content, if the devs considered that fight fine as is then that's good enough for me. The way I see it, those Rocks occasionally biting off more than they can chew is a nice touch as well. I also try to refrain from de-randomizing ships (that's my stance in regards to giving the the Reb Assault custom boss-like guns) since that is pretty essential to make each fight a emergent, unique "puzzle" you have to solve.

Auron1 wrote:Question: when browsing the augmentations with Superliminality, I couldn't find the Adaptive Gel Suit.
Adaptive Gel Suits is based on Emergency Respirators, I think the ingame ID is "O2_MASKS" or something similar.

Auron1 wrote:(nothing wrong in chatting inside a space minefield!)
Well, the minefiled "lingers a few clicks away", the idea was that it is just a backdrop for an empty beacon, but the tooltip doesn't make much sense in that regard. This might get fixed. Another thing: Your last screenshot was meant to point out that text clobbering still happens, right?
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:37 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:
Auron1 wrote:(nothing wrong in chatting inside a space minefield!)
Well, the minefiled "lingers a few clicks away", the idea was that it is just a backdrop for an empty beacon, but the tooltip doesn't make much sense in that regard. This might get fixed. Another thing: Your last screenshot was meant to point out that text clobbering still happens, right?

Yes, that too.
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:34 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:{Auron 1's} last screenshot was meant to point out that text clobbering still happens, right?

also isn't the description for the nano-bot danger a little funky? --> should be: "you're" instead of "you'r", "all systems will be jammed" instead of "all system will be jammed" (one s)