[Ship] Arwing I + II

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
speedoflight

Re: [Ship] Arwing I

Postby speedoflight » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:40 am

FTL is 50% pure luck, always, so u will never know if u will pass through sector 1 or even u will die in the first 4 battles lol. The mod is fine as i tis, it doesnt need more powerful weapons or anything else. In fact is easier than i expected lol. I reached sector 3 and i just quit, since it didnt give me more challenge than anything else. I also like (even if i consider out of place) the text boxes in gibs lol, but only because it is something new. Good ship, a bit easy in my opinion (it doesnt have special hard issues, just a compact ship, that is not enough to make a ship harder), keep it the good job.
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
Pelehenten

Postby Pelehenten » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:56 pm

nahhh ... How can u say it didn`t challenged u like any other ship if u quit at sector 3. that`s not real a compliment for this work as well. seems u forgot about the fact that the arwing can only get a cloaking system and only have 3 weapon slots. so telling other people what a well playing ftl gamer u are, did not make any sense if u only played to sector 3 ...

the key point of my statement was ...
it is (on normal difficult) a freaking "trial & error" show as the video of gingerdrAgon showed and i had exact the same feeling by playing on normal.

and this difficult doesn' t fit with any other ship the subset people created, even not the rockcruiser which is so missile depending in early game.

so my feeling of this ship is finally ...

if u guys really want a challenge (without a shieldless ship) or Call it "hard" difficult feel free to try this ship...

it is really cool to see the cloaking image or the text boxes when ur ship crashes into peaces

sorry for my worse grammar ;-)
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:42 pm

Cloaking level 3, engines level 6, pilot level 3.. u know wat im talking about. Only having engines at level 6 in sector 3 i can say i will reach sector 7 without major trouble. Im not saying its easy, im saying its easier than i thought but its a challenging mod, i cant deny that

Besides, its easier for me because i play with a fleet delay pursuit mod to enjoy the game more, so yes, in the regular game the mod will be far harder. And maybe its because im used to play hard ships (i am a bit tired of testing the ships on my actual mod, all of em really hard and some of em really challenging (u will not pass sector 1 most of the time..) even with a fleet delay pursuit mod.

Its just im too lazy to remove the fleet delay pursuit mod :lol:, the game has no sense for me once i remove it..

BTW.. i never said i was a great ftl player.. did i??
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
Pelehenten

Postby Pelehenten » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:55 am

nahh ... it sounds like u ment to be a well playing ftl gamer. by the way i don't want to discuss this ...

u be right, saying it depends on how everyone plays the game :-)

hopefully we are fine with this statement.
do not want trouble :-)
VanguardOfValor

Postby VanguardOfValor » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:12 pm

Pelehenten wrote:in case of the huge amount of OP Ship Mods here, i have the feeling your`s is slightly a bit underpowered ^^

Yeah, I had designed it with difficulty in mind, but I think it turned out a little bit harder than I had in mind so I might release an easier version of it with slightly better weapons.

speedoflight wrote:FTL is 50% pure luck, always, so u will never know if u will pass through sector 1 or even u will die in the first 4 battles lol. The mod is fine as i tis, it doesnt need more powerful weapons or anything else. In fact is easier than i expected lol. I reached sector 3 and i just quit, since it didnt give me more challenge than anything else. I also like (even if i consider out of place) the text boxes in gibs lol, but only because it is something new. Good ship, a bit easy in my opinion (it doesnt have special hard issues, just a compact ship, that is not enough to make a ship harder), keep it the good job.

I'm really surprised you didn't have any trouble with it, but I suspect that's largely due to your lack of rebel fleet pushing you forward. Being able to go to every beacon in the first two sectors would make the ship much easier, because you'd get a LOT more time powering up with the easiest enemies. Without that easy huge ammount of early scrap I find the ship is generally really hard. :P Either way, I'm glad you found it interesting!

-----

Also, the first video of my run with the ship is now live, and you can check it out here.

Hopefully we don't get absolutely crushed, but we'll have to wait and see!
Various Valorous Videos, should you be interested...
VanguardOfValor

Re: [Ship] Arwing I + II

Postby VanguardOfValor » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:45 am

In response to people's comments about the difficulty of the ship, I've created the Arwing II, which is essentially the same ship but with a few slight tweaks made to the weaponry so that you start with a three-shot laser and a slightly weaker smartbomb to make the early game significantly easier.

I've added the link for it to the first post, but figured I should mention it specifically here in case it isn't immediately evident.

Edit: I think I'll change the thread title as well so people know there's an alternative...
Various Valorous Videos, should you be interested...
Pelehenten

Re: [Ship] Arwing I + II

Postby Pelehenten » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:55 pm

VanguardOfValor wrote:In response to people's comments about the difficulty of the ship, I've created the Arwing II, which is essentially the same ship but with a few slight tweaks made to the weaponry so that you start with a three-shot laser and a slightly weaker smartbomb to make the early game significantly easier.

oh, that's cool...
i'll try this new one asap, by the way i also made a winning run with the "Arwing I", so it's difficult is really only/mostly in the early game !

greats peleh :-)