[SHIP] Fion Cruiser

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Yuurg

[SHIP] Fion Cruiser

Postby Yuurg » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:05 am

Hello again this is my second ship mod so far.
This is the Fion Cruiser, a ship built around Fire and Ion.
Its hull is half red, half blue and half Rock, half Kestrel.
It has a cool fancy reddish bluish shield.
It starts with an ion blast mark 2 and 2 fire beams, and 5 weapons power, which means you can only power 1 fire beam at the start.
It also starts with level 2 sensors.
The interior is as close to the original Rock and Kestrel ships as possible, but split in half. Also, you start with 2 humans and 2 rockmen, which are perfect for boarding and burning.
This ship is pretty powerful, perhaps even overpowered, but with no damaging weapons you'll have a hard time dealing with Rock ships and Automated ships.
Here is a picture of it with its room layout and shields:

And here is a picture without rooms:

Picture of cloak:

Please post feedback and/or bugs here.
To-do:
Add gibs

V1.1
Fixed shield room using wrong graphic
Fixed oxygen room using stretched-out graphic
Fixed cloak animation to match the ship instead of being bloated

V1.1.1
Added invisible floor so some people won't see the ship as a black rectangle
Fixed cloak room graphic being squashed

V1.2
Added regular floor

Thank you!

Note: I would love it if VanguardofValor did a lets play using my ship!
V1.2 DOWNLOAD LINK
http://db.tt/PiFlgXZw
Last edited by Yuurg on Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 11 times in total.
966socho

Re: [SHIP] Fion Cruiser

Postby 966socho » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:08 am

I like the color scheme, but I think finding a to make the split look more organic would be awesome. :)
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:55 am

966socho wrote:I like the color scheme, but I think finding a to make the split look more organic would be awesome. :)

I agree. Maybe fade from blue to red like you did with the shield? Though that may make the ship mostly purple... Hmm....
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Ora_unit_SR388

Postby Ora_unit_SR388 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:51 am

You did a good job at splicing this together! I think you did well for a begining mod!
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:26 pm

5thHorseman wrote:I agree. Maybe fade from blue to red like you did with the shield? Though that may make the ship mostly purple... Hmm....

Or scraped paint effect, would allow it to transition from one color to the other in an organic fashion, without taking too much space
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Dirka

Postby Dirka » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:42 pm

Wow, this is hands down the best-looking ship model I have seen so far. The color scheme is kinda neat, but the overall shape and the transitions are wonderfully organic. The ship looks sleek, powerful and very "FTL-ish", if you know what I mean.

Great Job!
Thunderr

Postby Thunderr » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:11 pm

966socho wrote:I like the color scheme, but I think finding a to make the split look more organic would be awesome.

It doesn't need to be organic, because the ship is meant to look clashy.
I like how it turned out, and I'll do a run with it soon! Does it replace the kestrel?
Yuurg

Postby Yuurg » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:37 pm

Thunderr wrote:
966socho wrote:I like the color scheme, but I think finding a to make the split look more organic would be awesome.

It doesn't need to be organic, because the ship is meant to look clashy.
I like how it turned out, and I'll do a run with it soon! Does it replace the kestrel?

Yes, it replaces the Kestrel
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:39 pm

Nice concept, some things i noticed ->

Y u included the room interior graphics as well in your mod? since u are using the same as the vanilla ones, u dont need to. Anyways, u didnt include the glow images, so if those were original interior images glows will not work. But since u are using the same interior images as the vanilla ones, forget about it xD (but just for u to know, when u make custom interior images u need to add the glow as well). Probably u used superluminal to make the ship, and u forgot to include the interior image glows as well. Or maybe u used an older version of superluminal.

Didnt test the cloak, but in theory, the cloak image needs to be 20 pixels bigger horizontally and vertically than the hull image, if not the cloak image will be streched in-game.

Anyways, i like the idea of mixing 2 differents colours, not just pick 2 parts of a ship and join together.
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
Thunderr

Postby Thunderr » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:40 pm

Yuurg wrote:Yes, it replaces the Kestrel

Cool. For the shield room glitch, the issue is the image for the room. You just need a new image for the shield room, and if you don't want to make your own, there are many in the FTL/img/ship/interior directory.