[MOD] A Strange New Galaxy 04.01.15 (AE)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

Re: [MOD] A Strange New Galaxy 04.01.15 (AE)

Postby stylesrj » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:28 pm

Hey Metzelmax, I love coming back to this mod occasionally (hence why I haven't said anything about it in months).
I figured out how to work that Celiak Cruiser with no power at the start and I have to say once the ball gets rolling, it gets rolling.

But there's some bad news I have to inform you about...

There are some events out there that kill off your crew and your Clone Bay does nothing to bring them back. I lost a Zoltan due to some Uz'ran event involving communication going wrong. Now maybe it was written down they couldn't be revived in the text, but all I saw at a glance was "Your Zoltan died. Have fun" with no additional text explaining why they could or couldn't come back (as most Clone Bay events do)

I'm not sure if there are any other events that do the same thing, but maybe look into it.

Also, I think I might just do another video run of this mod. I have to say it's really well done and it does need more attention from the community.

EDIT: Also, I like the Last Stand events where you can get free stuff to help assist the Flagship battle. But a little word of warning about disrupting enemy Hacking - The game doesn't like it when you damage a fully disrupted enemy Hacking or Mind Control module and it may cause game crashes. Might want to put something in the event on Phase 1 like "The Anterian Cyber Freak says there may be some system issues if you damage the Hacking system. I recommend not firing upon it."
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:04 am

And it seems the Mantis Katatonik has gone ahead and made one of this mod. There's quite little to complain about although at one point he did lose a crew member to something during combat without warning.

https://youtu.be/czJsqSfgeJA
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:41 pm

Yeah, It kind of sucks that so many hard coded shit is in the way all the time. It makes no sense that disabled systems on flagship cause crashes and on normal ships they dont... I actually never noticed that since I never tired to destroy disabled systems :?
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:16 pm

Metzelmax wrote:Yeah, It kind of sucks that so many hard coded shit is in the way all the time. It makes no sense that disabled systems on flagship cause crashes and on normal ships they dont... I actually never noticed that since I never tired to destroy disabled systems :?

Actually it applies to any enemy ship with the new systems. Captain's Edition had to change the Advanced Plating from fully disabling Mind Control/Hacking to only partially disrupting them because if they get destroyed by a stray shot or something, the game crashes.
kulfyr3

Postby kulfyr3 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Is it possible to download this without changing the ships you start out with, i like the designs, it's just that i like the others better :P
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:12 pm

You could download the Captain's Edition Vanilla loadouts. That'll put the classic ships back in ;)
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:20 pm

Link seems down, do you still have it anywhere? Someone asked here https://www.reddit.com/r/ftlgame/comments/5sqr81/does_anyone_have_a_working_link_for_a_strange_new/
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:54 pm

meklozz wrote:Link seems down, do you still have it anywhere? Someone asked here https://www.reddit.com/r/ftlgame/comments/5sqr81/does_anyone_have_a_working_link_for_a_strange_new/

for the time being, I took it upon myself to upload the mod file to Mediafire, available here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/eendayxt2 ... Galaxy.ftl

file should work fine. if it doesn't lemme know ;)
MonarchV

Postby MonarchV » Sun May 14, 2017 10:59 pm

Download link isnt working. :?
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Mon May 15, 2017 12:48 am

Here's one.
mr_easy_money wrote:for the time being, I took it upon myself to upload the mod file to Mediafire, available here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/eendayxt2 ... Galaxy.ftl
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.