[Ships/Weapons/Drones/Events] Omicron Dynasty Updated 18/08

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
ChrisM1A2

Re: [Ships/Weapons/Drones/Events] Omicron Dynasty Updated 18

Postby ChrisM1A2 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:00 pm

I agree, looks completely epic. Almost looks cooer than some players ships. You can even see depth in it, which is really cool. Gah, wish I had more time to check out your mod. [ V lol, it does look like it would make an epic guitar as well. I wonder, there are places where you can get custom built guitars, right? ]
Last edited by ChrisM1A2 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:05 pm

speedoflight wrote:Image

I so want to play that! Not as a ship, as a guitar. Meedly meedly meeldy meeeeeeEEEEEeeee!
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:25 pm

Hmmpf.. nice idea!! the guitar fleet!! :lol:
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
ChrisM1A2

Postby ChrisM1A2 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:22 am

XD and then, have the visuals for the lasers/projectiles be musical notes. Okay, I'm totally doing that once my eyes stop hurting. If you wanna have em in as a little joke for a certain weapon, just let me know. I'll try to stay similar to the colors of either your projectiles, or the vanilla ones. This is so going to be a thing.
Ora_unit_SR388

Postby Ora_unit_SR388 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:57 am

I got an idea like this awhile back on a different game (Gimbal).

I NOW DECLARE THIS THE LONGEST POST IN FTL HISTORY!
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:32 pm

ChrisM1A2 wrote:XD and then, have the visuals for the lasers/projectiles be musical notes. Okay, I'm totally doing that once my eyes stop hurting. If you wanna have em in as a little joke for a certain weapon, just let me know. I'll try to stay similar to the colors of either your projectiles, or the vanilla ones. This is so going to be a thing.

Since i agree that will be really cool to see, i dont think that will fit in the mod itself xD, but well you can do it and we can put it as a really "weird secret never seen before" weapon or something weird like that.. who knows.
ImageImage
ChrisM1A2

Postby ChrisM1A2 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:47 am

XD Took me a while to finally figure out how to properly get a weapon/projectile animation to work. I never looked up the visual aspect of ftl modding, I more just wanted to learn it through trial and error. And, it kinda worked. Figured out to use an animations.xml.append file. It looks so odd. But I think it's pretty funny. I can send an image of what I have so far.
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:05 pm

Yeah u should post an image here to see how its going xD.

Anyways, the second enemy ship , based on fire weapons (i called it "firestarter" so... ).

Its kinda a simple design, but it serves the purpose, anyways its really hard to design new ships in the omicron style, really hard xD. Sometimes, i just dont have enough space out of the shields to proper design the rest of the ship.. xD.

Still, i didnt test these ships yet, so its probably that i will need to modify them a bit once i check the room layout on the shield inner part of every ship. This is important, since its essential to have enough space in the shielded space to place the minimum rooms required.. ;)
ImageImage
ChrisM1A2

Postby ChrisM1A2 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:38 pm

I'll post a picture of my progress as soon as I can. Well, I guess I could right now, but that would take a little hunting. Firestarter looks pretty cool, love the interlaced pipes in the back, don't think I've seen that touch on any ship yet. And trying to make the shielded area large enough to fit the rooms it needs has got to be tricky, but it makes for some really cool designs. Especially in the a-symmetrical ships, like good ol' guitar ship. I feel like its gotta be really tricky to design weapons too though, to make em look like they're part of the structure of the ship, like how yours are. (Yeah, I can't figure out how I would link the picture properly on mobile, silly mobile sites, so ill add the pics later.)
ChrisM1A2

Postby ChrisM1A2 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:52 pm

Also, I love the depth and shadows on your ships, it's pretty cool. (I've probably already said that before. :P )
So, the music note:

And then another idea I've had before, a "decoy" drone which fires something at an enemy ship, no damage, basically it's only point is to distract defense drones. Finally got it to have an asteroid for a projectile.

Oddly, I feel like the musical note projectile looks LESS rediculous when it's about to hit it's target.