[MOD] Descent into Darkness - a major game overhaul

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Core279
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:44 pm

Re: [MOD] Descent into Darkness - a major game overhaul

Postby Core279 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:06 am

I believe I found the problem. With some minor digging it was a simple error on how the folders are in the mod's .ftl file are set up.

I'll do my best to run you guys through the process to fix it.

When you freshly download it, open it with WinRAR/WinZip. You can open .ftl files with those programs after double clicking and "choosing from a list". Just choose WinRAR/WinZip.

-You will need to open another instance of the mod in WinRAR/WinZip to fix it. Once opened you will see a folder called "Decent into Darkness for AE".
-Open this folder in only one of the two windows. After this drag both the "img" and "data" folders to the other window of the .ftl file.
-After this step the one you copied the folders to should look like this. After that simply delete the "Decent into Darkness for AE" folder so only the "img" and "data" folders remain.
-You should now be able to use the mod as it was made to be used. Enjoy!


Apologies if the guide was unclear. That was my best shot at explaining it. without overloading the post with pictures.
DryEagle
Posts: 363
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:17 am

Re: [MOD] Descent into Darkness - a major game overhaul

Postby DryEagle » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:26 am

So I thought I'd take a peek in. Looked over the last few pages of comments.
I find it quite flattering that you guys would go to the effort to update this when it's so old and all that.
So, just to add in my 2 cents:
I am prefectly fine with you guys fiddling about with it and trying to update it, so long as:
a) it's kept clear that I made the original mod (i.e. dont go posting it in a separate thread as a new mod)
b) it's kept clear that I had nothing to do with the AE stuff (pretty obvious)
That said, I am entirely done with FTL so don't expect me to do anything else with it. Haven't even played AE to be honest.
All ships I have created include custom weapons, graphics etc:
Image
ImageImageImageImage
R136a1
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 8:09 am

Re: [MOD] Descent into Darkness - a major game overhaul

Postby R136a1 » Sun May 17, 2015 3:10 pm

Second download link please. Dropbox and Google Chrome don't get along very well. :|
User avatar
NarnKar
Posts: 778
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:24 pm
Location: this forum
Contact:

Re: [MOD] Descent into Darkness - a major game overhaul

Postby NarnKar » Sun May 17, 2015 9:09 pm

They don't? They work just fine for me. The hell is your problem with Dropbox anyway?
R136a1
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 8:09 am

Re: [MOD] Descent into Darkness - a major game overhaul

Postby R136a1 » Sun May 24, 2015 7:07 am

NarnKar wrote:They don't? They work just fine for me. The hell is your problem with Dropbox anyway?


Every. Damn. Time: http://imgur.com/b1F0YeA
User avatar
kartoFlane
Posts: 1470
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:20 pm

Re: [MOD] Descent into Darkness - a major game overhaul

Postby kartoFlane » Sun May 24, 2015 1:08 pm

R136a1 wrote:Every. Damn. Time: http://imgur.com/b1F0YeA

Try removing the s from https at the beginning of the download link, or use a different browser, for example Firefox, or even IE (assuming you're on Windows, you'll likely have it pre-installed), just to get the file from dropbox.
Also check the links below, maybe some of the tips mentioned there will fix your problem.
https://productforums.google.com/forum/ ... oyR3Xr9Flw
https://support.google.com/chrome/answe ... ic=3227046
https://productforums.google.com/forum/ ... Vxn_eEnuYc
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Awesome Warlord
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:15 pm

Re: [MOD] Descent into Darkness - a major game overhaul

Postby Awesome Warlord » Sun May 24, 2015 4:27 pm

HEM HEM :
I will now adopt this mod
User avatar
Sleeper Service
Posts: 2305
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: [MOD] Descent into Darkness - a major game overhaul

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun May 24, 2015 5:29 pm

DryEagle wrote:So I thought I'd take a peek in. Looked over the last few pages of comments.
I find it quite flattering that you guys would go to the effort to update this when it's so old and all that.
So, just to add in my 2 cents:
I am prefectly fine with you guys fiddling about with it and trying to update it, so long as:
a) it's kept clear that I made the original mod (i.e. dont go posting it in a separate thread as a new mod)
b) it's kept clear that I had nothing to do with the AE stuff (pretty obvious)
That said, I am entirely done with FTL so don't expect me to do anything else with it. Haven't even played AE to be honest.


DryEagle stated that he does not want this mod to be re-posted in a separate thread, which you did here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27343
You are acting against the explicit will of the original author, and re-posting his mod ike that could ultimately be perceived as you stealing other peoples work. I recommend you delete that thread.
Awesome Warlord
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:15 pm

Re: [MOD] Descent into Darkness - a major game overhaul

Postby Awesome Warlord » Sun May 24, 2015 5:42 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:
DryEagle wrote:So I thought I'd take a peek in. Looked over the last few pages of comments.
I find it quite flattering that you guys would go to the effort to update this when it's so old and all that.
So, just to add in my 2 cents:
I am prefectly fine with you guys fiddling about with it and trying to update it, so long as:
a) it's kept clear that I made the original mod (i.e. dont go posting it in a separate thread as a new mod)
b) it's kept clear that I had nothing to do with the AE stuff (pretty obvious)
That said, I am entirely done with FTL so don't expect me to do anything else with it. Haven't even played AE to be honest.


DryEagle stated that he does not want this mod to be re-posted in a separate thread, which you did here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27343
You are acting against the explicit will of the original author, and re-posting his mod ike that could ultimately be perceived as you stealing other peoples work. I recommend you delete that thread.


He said dont post it as a NEW MOD , i posted it as a sequel
BTW if you could help me merge the files i would love that
User avatar
Sleeper Service
Posts: 2305
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: [MOD] Descent into Darkness - a major game overhaul

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun May 24, 2015 5:59 pm

The file you posted is the exact same mod and you don't even give credit to DryEagle in the thread. You are deliberately appropriating a mod made by someone else and this is not ok. [Thread viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27343 has been locked.]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests