[SHIP] The Amber Shard

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
EchoesofOld

Re: [SHIP] The Amber Shard

Postby EchoesofOld » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:26 pm

DryEagle wrote:If that doesn't work, try reinstalling your game or throwing your computer out the window.

Tech Support at it's finest... :P
The Rebel Flagship: The only ship to make the DemonStar look like a pansy.

Be ye wary of the ship with the demon airlock...
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:09 pm

Just installed this mod, i get a black square zone instead of the hull image :| like the previous guy.

I dont think is something in my game installation as well, i only have the infinite mod installed. I think its a problem with the ship graphics, maybe in the last version u packed something wrong with the wrong graphic or something.

I checked the files and i dont find anything wrong with the hull image, but i noticed u didnt include the floor image. Maybe thats the issue, but im not sure.

Its curious that if u play, the hull image appears when u jump, but after that, the black box comes again.
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
DryEagle

Postby DryEagle » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:17 pm

I have only published one version, and it has been shown to work. This suggests it is conflicting with some other mod you are using or something. Have you tried unpatching all other mods and running it by itself?

In any case, I've now updated the download links with a transparent floor image on the offchance this is giving you grief but it's likely as not just some other mod messing with it.
All ships I have created include custom weapons, graphics etc:
ImageImageImageImage
speedoflight

Re: [SHIP] The Amber Shard - minor update

Postby speedoflight » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:28 pm

I tried it without any other mods, and i get the same results. I tried a lot of ship mods and all of em worked just fine. I fear the problem is something more hard to find than it looks...
ImageImage
DryEagle

Re: [SHIP] The Amber Shard - minor update

Postby DryEagle » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:46 pm

You tried the updated download files with the floor? That still not fixing it?
Have you tried running it on a clean vanilla install of FTL? Is your FTL patched to 1.0.3.1?

The point is, if it didn't work for anyone, then yes, you would be right to say the mod is broken. But, that's not the case. Most people seem to be able to run it just fine. Therefore the issue must lie with something in your FTL install.
ImageImageImageImage
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:18 pm

Resources from FTL 1.2.06 and 1.3.01 are not compatible. Either speedoflight is running an older FTL or he has some files from 1.2.06 mods leftover in his resources.

The ultimate solution is to reinstall FTL and GMM and patch Amber Shard as a single mod. Then try it with other mods. Profile is kept separately and should not be affected by uninstalling/reinstallin the game, but just to be safe, make a backup copy of your profile.

Amber Shard is created (afaik) to work with 1.3.01 and may not work with older versions, because of resource incompatibilities.

EDIT - when uninstalling it is important to delete leftover files from the FTL folder by hand. FTL will not uninstall files that were not created during installation (files added via mods, etc.).
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:48 pm

Its fixed with the update DryEagle posted in the first page, thx.

Anyways, i noticed u changed the default system blueprints, u should make only that for your own mod, not the other ships, duno if u know wat i mean.
ImageImage
MC3craze

Postby MC3craze » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:29 am

This ship was really interesting to play, I especially liked being limited to 2 non-crystal crew. Made picking crewmembers difficult, but in a good way. :D What I ended up doing was keeping an engi and a mantis in the medbay and upgrading it to lvl 3, and when I bought a teleporter and some basic weapons I started boarding with my shield crystal and the mantis I kept in the medbay. I never found any weapons but a hull laser mark 1 and a burst laser mark 1, so against the flagship I decided to kill the crew. My strategy was teleporting into the helm, using the lockdown power, killing the crewmember inside and pulling out before the lockdown wore off. It took a while and had a couple close calls, but I managed to eliminate the crew and could begin destroying their various systems. Stage 2-3 were a breeze with the help of a defense drone.

Also for some reason I never encountered any boarding drones, even during the second stage of the flagship battle. Are boarding drones somehow disabled?
DryEagle

Postby DryEagle » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:15 am

MC3craze wrote:Stage 2-3 were a breeze with the help of a defense drone.

Also for some reason I never encountered any boarding drones, even during the second stage of the flagship battle. Are boarding drones somehow disabled?
Defense drones shoot down boarding drones. Perhaps you didn't notice them coming, as you'd only have 4-5 thrown at you before the enemy runs out anyway. I don't remember disabling them (though I'm not 1000% on that)
ImageImageImageImage
MC3craze

Postby MC3craze » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:41 pm

DryEagle wrote:
MC3craze wrote:Stage 2-3 were a breeze with the help of a defense drone.

Defense drones shoot down boarding drones. Perhaps you didn't notice them coming, as you'd only have 4-5 thrown at you before the enemy runs out anyway. I don't remember disabling them (though I'm not 1000% on that)

I forgot about that, that's probably what happened.