Search found 1975 matches

by UltraMantis
Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:23 pm
Forum: Technical Support and Bugs
Topic: Fire spreading illogically
Replies: 12
Views: 4867

Re: Fire spreading illogically

There's no air to burn in that room. The fire should NOT start.
by UltraMantis
Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:21 pm
Forum: Tips, Strategy & Guides
Topic: Manning question
Replies: 6
Views: 12526

Re: Manning question

For me it usually goes Cockpit -> Engines -> Weapons -> Shields. If you can get the engines high enough it's a wonderful feeling to sometimes see an entire salvo from hell go *miss* *miss* *miss* *miss* *miss* *miss* 8-) Testify! It's better to spend scrap on fast engines than anything else unless ...
by UltraMantis
Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:16 pm
Forum: Stories & Storytelling
Topic: Boarding the Flagship
Replies: 3
Views: 8786

Re: Boarding the Flagship

When you decide to kill the crew, do it withouit destroying the o2 room. The AI will kick in and repair all weapons and shields, but it has lowest priority for the o2 if it even repairs it at all. Unless you enjoy beaming into airless rooms, leave the o2 intact. That way you can beam 1 crewmember in...
by UltraMantis
Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:04 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Not enough weapons?
Replies: 8
Views: 4125

Re: Not enough weapons?

Getting a weapon that can destroy the final boss is a very important part of the journey. I made it twice only to fail to deliver enough damage. Once i also ran out of missiles... You really have to balance beacon to beacon survival with building an effictive killing machine for one specific fight. ...
by UltraMantis
Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:57 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: A question regarding fire and oxygen
Replies: 5
Views: 3051

Re: A question regarding fire and oxygen

The opposite is also true. Pumping air into the ship can spread fires like crazy.
by UltraMantis
Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:50 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: BEAM balance discussion
Replies: 18
Views: 15200

Re: BEAM balance discussion

nukularpower wrote:Ion bomb is ridiculously OP, especially for 1 power slot.

Ion bomb + glaive = ezmode boss


Ion Bomb can still miss, and can't be used against energy shields. 2 Ion Bombs are ungodly though.
by UltraMantis
Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:46 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Stores.
Replies: 8
Views: 4691

Re: Stores.

I think letting us sell it for 1 scrap per piece in all the stores would be fair. The game isn't fair :) Don't count on earning scraps by selling useless supplies, but if it happens it's a nice boost. Concentrate on surviving the early sectors because the latter sectors are more rewarding so you'll...
by UltraMantis
Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:08 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Getting rid of Redshirts
Replies: 4
Views: 2909

Re: Getting rid of Redshirts

I hate the mere thought of loosing a crewmember. My crew, their development and skills, contributes 90% to winning in the end. The remaining 10% is luck finding good weapons.
by UltraMantis
Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:05 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Breach Missiles are bullshit
Replies: 19
Views: 18889

Re: Breach Missiles are bullshit

Breach *anything* is AWESOME, but Breach'd Medbay wins!
by UltraMantis
Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:02 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: BEAM balance discussion
Replies: 18
Views: 15200

Re: BEAM balance discussion

Plenty of defense for the beams, but i will side with the OP. I never use beams and sell what i find/receive. Sure they are exceptionally powerfull but even the puniest laser is exceptionally powerfull against a ship with no shields. The only tactical advantage of beams is that you can damage severa...